What's spinning on the turntable?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two more, never officially released on CD, although counterfeit CD's abound. Both on German Philips LP's I bought in the early '70's. Not synth based but mostly keyboard & flute. Ruckzuck on Kraftwerk (I) is their best track ever. ABSOLUTELY not to be missed:

kraft1.jpg
311159.jpg

Ha!

Herb Alpert and the Tijuana Brass "Christmas Album"

Talk about retro - 1968 pressing :smokin

Neil Diamond: Early Classics. All his early hits before he sort of morphed into a Barry Manilow-esque type performer. Also, Linda Ronstadt - For Sentimental Reasons. I'm torn on these Ronstadt/Nelson Riddle collaborations. All this music on these albums has the same "sound" to me. I love Ronstadt's voice and loved her 70's stuff, but just not sure how I feel about pre-swing and swing era tunes. They're nice, but for me, the cuts on these albums all have the same tone and mood. IMHO

Needledropping in 96/24: (felt like ROCKIN' OUT LAST NIGHT!!!)
Foreigner "Head Games" sealed mid 80's reissue...sounds almost perfect!!!!
R-435184-1342295031-6527.jpeg

The Joe Perry Project "Let the music do the talking" original issue LP which I bought in 1980 and "wore it out"-it still sounds GREAT- and then saw him LIVE in San Juan on April 5th 1980...although he was totally SMACKED out, he "switched himself on" and played a great show!!!
R-3937951-1349855639-3572.jpeg

Another early concert for me...and a first row one at that (even though Rick Derringer stole the show and played a FULL set)...I even got their autographs in Sears the day of the concert..it was their "Allied Forces" Tour:
Triumph-Progressions of Power (never bought this ...someone lent it to me and ...didn't want it back...although he kept my copy of Ted Nugent's "Double Live Gonzo"...bastard!)
R-1953368-1254709220.jpeg

Oh , I forgot , a few nights ago I reached out to my syrupy self and spun this...bought back in 79...never played much..and curiously ...how the hell did I wind up with a Canadian pressing in Puerto Rico????
Were all the pressings available in the US made in CaNAda???

..As a side note...I noticed all of these were from 1979 or 1980...stuck there!!!

Bee Gees "Spirits Having Flown"
R-1434219-1304952453.jpeg

(RIP Robin and Mo...not funny ..."Spirits having Flown"...the gatefold photo, both Robin and Mo are looking to their right and Barry is the only one looking to the left...)
R-1406858-1314642078.jpeg

Mr. Mister's "Go On"...not as nice of a pressing as it seems (quite noisy)
also , the 12" of this LP...REALLY interesting versions of "Something Real"..an extended version and an "instrumental" one...more prog than Rock...
and
Cheap Trick's "Dream Police"...better than I remember...

Mr. Mister's "Go On"...not as nice of a pressing as it seems (quite noisy)
also , the 12" of this LP...REALLY interesting versions of "Something Real"..an extended version and an "instrumental" one...more prog than Rock...
and
Cheap Trick's "Dream Police"...better than I remember...

Dream Police, Police, Police

Thats a good song to wait till your really wasted and about to go to bed to listen to.

Thats a good song to wait till your really wasted and about to go to bed to listen to.

For me I think it's gonna be "Voices"...(you didn't know what you were looking for til you heard the voices in your ear...)
I think at this point CT and ELO were "duking it out" to see who ripped The Beatles more openly....heh heh heh

Beatles Rubber Soul - New remastered 180 gram vinyl edition. New vinyl is SO amazing to listen to.

Well it's not spinning on the turntable, but it is spinning on the tape deck...Mannheim Steamroller. Fresh Aire Nos. I through VIII.

Listened to all 5 sides of Neil Young's Psychedelic Pill last night. What a great album!

Followed it up with Zappa's How's Your Bird? 10" purple vinyl. A weird little record, some very early Zappa doo-wop on side one with Ray Collins singing the title track and one other song. 4 of the tracks on side 2 don't even have anything to do with Zappa!

Linda, you're such a card. Or is that cardette?

:D

Anyway, was Santana III and now Aerosmith "Rocks" Both SQ, of course.

Doug

I have discovered some music just naturally goes better with JACK DANIELS. The combination of the two near bedtime enhances the effect. :brew

Justin

Back