How come DVD Audio Extractor will not split tracks on certain discs?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texquad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I've been using DVD Audio Extractor to re-author DVD's with 5.1 tracks to play in my TL with good sucess. But lately I've come across a couple of discs that will not allow me to extract the whole disc's 5.1 tracks. The 2 discs are Peter Gabriel "Play" & Queen's "Greatest Video Hits 2". What's interesting the first volume of Queen's Hit's DVD extracted with no problems, but neither my original V.2 nor the new compilation with both disc's in one set will extract the whole DVD. On Queen V.2 I can get the first 3 tracks to split for 5.1 and that's it. What I'm I doing wrong? Should I try another program?
Thanks,
Tom

I don't use DVD Audio Extractor, but I can give the Queen disc a go tonight with Audiomuxer...

I've been using DVD Audio Extractor to re-author DVD's with 5.1 tracks to play in my TL with good sucess. But lately I've come across a couple of discs that will not allow me to extract the whole disc's 5.1 tracks. The 2 discs are Peter Gabriel "Play" & Queen's "Greatest Video Hits 2". What's interesting the first volume of Queen's Hit's DVD extracted with no problems, but neither my original V.2 nor the new compilation with both disc's in one set will extract the whole DVD. On Queen V.2 I can get the first 3 tracks to split for 5.1 and that's it. What I'm I doing wrong? Should I try another program?
Thanks,
Tom

I have DVDAE V 7.0.0 (7 was released the last few days) and gave it a try with PG Play. I can see 26 tracks having DTS.

Markus

Sometimes copy protection will mess up a disc. DVDFab can help, if necessary, to make either another disc or .ISO without the protection.

As what has been suggested, try Audiomuxer. It's a fabulous free program by the great surroundbyus.com folks.

Audiomuxer cannot extract a stream from an encrypted disc - and most if not all commerical DVD-V/DVD-A/BD discs have some sort of encryption. DVD Fab will work but I find it bit wonky at times. AnyDVD is far more stable (IMO) and once it is installed, it runs in the background so all you have to do is pop your disc in the tray, get a confirmation that AnyDVD has loaded it, and then you can use Audiomuxer to extract the stream. One other note on AnyDVD - especially for those working with BD discs - Once you purchase a license to AnyDVD they provide constant software updates to deal with new encryption types - definitely worth the cost.

elmer speaks truth. AnyDVD is worth having, even if you rarely use it, because when you need it, you'll be very happy it's there.

Back