BluRay Music Video Poll Wilson, Steven - GET ALL YOU DESERVE [Blu-Ray Video]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray Surround Release of Steve Wilson - GET ALL YOU DESERVE

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
The coming US leg of the tour will feature Chad Wackerman on drums. Minnemann has other touring duties.
I am a little disappointed to hear that, although I am sure Steven is picky about who fulfills the role. Any info on how he has worked out so far?

Ok, I know who he is now, and anyone that drummed with Zappa has got the credentials. I hope that at 53 he is able to keep up throughout the tour. Then again Neil Peart still is going strong, so why not.

Last edited:
Oh the ignorance of youth

Sort of ignores my last sentence. Still, I think it is safe to say that stamina and ability to recover from physical stress does decrease with age. Chad may have even better technique now than earlier in his career, I just hope he is eating his wheaties.

Apologies for my sarcasm - I was just getting ready for my 10 mile run when I read your post and at the ripe old age of 60, I took some offense. Rather than turn this into tit for tat - how about a little poll of great musician's still bringing it after the age of 50 - I'll bet the list is long and will render any notion of stamina moot. I'll start with drummers off the top of my bald head ;-).

Dennis Chambers
Carmine Appice
Vinnie Appice
Max Weinberg
Vinnie Colaiuta
Terry Bozzio
Mickey Hart
Bill Kreutzmann
Chester Thompson
Alan White
Neil Peart
Charlie Watts
Stewart Copeland
Sheila E.
Steve Gadd
Tommy Lee
Simon Phillips
Chad Smith
Dave Weckl
Larry Mullen Jr.
Carl Palmer
Pat Mastelotto

Apologies for my sarcasm - I was just getting ready for my 10 mile run when I read your post and at the ripe old age of 60, I took some offense. Rather than turn this into tit for tat - how about a little poll of great musician's still bringing it after the age of 50 - I'll bet the list is long and will render any notion of stamina moot. I'll start with drummers off the top of my bald head ;-).

Dennis Chambers
Carmine Appice
Vinnie Appice
Max Weinberg
Vinnie Colaiuta
Terry Bozzio
Mickey Hart
Bill Kreutzmann
Chester Thompson
Alan White
Neil Peart
Charlie Watts
Stewart Copeland
Sheila E.
Steve Gadd
Tommy Lee
Simon Phillips
Chad Smith
Dave Weckl
Larry Mullen Jr.
Carl Palmer
Pat Mastelotto

great list! (y)

I'll add Nigel Olsson, still going strong on-tour with EJ right now, turned 64 a couple of months ago :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigel_Olsson

I finally got to see this last night. It's great to watch this talented genius at work without any shoes on. Excellent concert video showing all talented musicians. If I had to nitpick, I could do without Lasse Hoile's boring retro darkness. On removing that out of the equation, I still give it a 10 on performance alone (it was great seeing Steven move about the stage) and feel it was as entertaining, if not more so, than the two current Porcupine Tree concert videos.

Wow! ...I have had this on BD, un-played for about a month. I just bought tickets for "The Raven" tomorrow night at the Royal Albert Hall so thought I would give this a spin to get me in the mood. Wow, indeed! I'm not bothered by the picture quality (I have many DVDs that are far worse) but the musicianship, recording and 5.1 mix are absolutely brilliant. I like his solo material on studio albums, but played live they really, really buzz. And an absolute bargain from Amazon at just over Ā£10. Easy 10.

Wow! ...I have had this on BD, un-played for about a month. I just bought tickets for "The Raven" tomorrow night at the Royal Albert Hall so thought I would give this a spin to get me in the mood. Wow, indeed! I'm not bothered by the picture quality (I have many DVDs that are far worse) but the musicianship, recording and 5.1 mix are absolutely brilliant. I like his solo material on studio albums, but played live they really, really buzz. And an absolute bargain from Amazon at just over Ā£10. Easy 10.
See my post #13. Please tell us who the special guests are. And don't forget to buy the Drive Home BD too.

See my post #13. Please tell us who the special guests are. And don't forget to buy the Drive Home BD too.

Oooh - exciting; I didn't know there were special guests! Hope its ƅkerfeldt :) I have the drive home BD on preorder and it's shipped already so wont buy it. I may have to get a glow in the dark tee shirt, though! :)

There weren't any special guests- not on stage anyway! Fripp and Hackett were there somewhere...

I can't believe how good this is. Was never a huge fan of Grace For Drowning but after seeing this live version, I am completely sold on how good this is. Great sound and video.

Just watching this on a stormy thursday afternoon. What an outstanding concert disc this is from the incredibly fine and discrete sound to the visuals.. Just an all-round outstanding effort.

Back