Zappa - Live At The Roxy & Elsewhere (Blu Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This was a huge surprise to me. Now a converted Zappa fan.
Sound is good but 5.1 mix is not immersive at all

I have waited all these years for this to finally be released. Besides the great document of Frank and the amazing band...note the guy in the audience between the first and second song (and much after) in the horizontal stripes shirt at the stage right in front of Frank. That is ME and my date is now my wife of 37 years. Most the time my camera is in front of my face and I should post some of the pics (when I'm not messaging from work). Ah, the long hair I had in my past...

THAT is a great story! When this was first released, I was a bit disappointed that nothing from Chunga's Revenge was included in the set list, as this is one of my favorite Zappa records. But after reading some of these comments, I think I'll have to pick it up. And I'll be looking for the guy in the striped shirt. :)

Sorry you're right, my apologies. I was conflating this with quadiophillia, which I think only was released as DVD.

Hearing all the talk of FZ 4.0 mixes sitting in a vault got me overly excited :)

Back