Pink Floyd "Animals" Quad Reel. Did anybody here scoop it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems as though there's a posting missing, but here's my reply to it:

That albumis "Atom Heart Mother", and all but a possible jap QS release were SQencoded.

So, that's the end of that then, mystery solved

You're right! I went home and dug it out. It's actually Atom Heart Mother and it's SQ not QS, and practically never played. Wanna offer me something for it? :)

It's the genuine article, purchased at a London record shop, but god knows when. So I'm sorry for being mistaken.

However, on the other subject, SQ (and QS) does sound terrific through a 5.1 decoder. The encoding / decoding is done in a similar manner and, although it may not be accurately decoded, the sound really is awesome. Ask my wife!

And I have small but significant selection of SQ, QS and CD4 vinyls from the days when my Marantz 4140 (with SQA2b decoder) and JVC 4DD-5 was king of the HiFis. Sadly, the Marantz went on African tax.

Is that the guy called "candymintz" or similar? If so I've seen his Youtube before.

Doesn't prove much. Wouldn't a reel made from an upmix make the needles bounce like that as well?

So - does he really think he will get $7.5k - or is it just to promote his other auctions?

Hmmmmm, the last 40 seconds or so does sound a little different. could the pink pig really taken flight?

Four years on and stupid is still trying to hawk his same crap for $7500 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wEQipyjNIvE He should get reported to the Bootleg Police. Yeh I really believe that reel-to-reel box with the QUADRAPHONIC stamped on it - or the reel itself or the label. Some people can be so gullible.

And Awwwwwwww He's Whining and Crying like a Baby YouTube is Trying to Close Him Down for Too Many Copyright Violations. So Duh Have 28 different unrelated channels with all different emails with all the same crap on like everybody else so if one gets shut down nobody cares and nothing is lost (plays world's smallest violin just for him).

I'm going to say that's fake. Watch the channel needles for back and front - especially pairing the lefts and rights. They're just delayed. When the vocals kick in, you can hear the heavy delay to make it sound "Quaddie". I wouldn't pay .75 cents for that.

Back