Pink Floyd "Animals" Quad Reel. Did anybody here scoop it?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just had a look out of curiosity - the buyer hasn't left feedback as yet.

Of course, they could be a buyer who never leaves feedback - eBay have made it harder to check that.

Just had a look out of curiosity - the buyer hasn't left feedback as yet.

Of course, they could be a buyer who never leaves feedback - eBay have made it harder to check that.

I was starting to think that I was the only one that thought that the changes to ebay have made the process of leaving feedback completely counter-intuitive compared to the way it used to be. Of course I still leave feedback with every transaction, but ebay has made it a total PITA. I would guess that the buyer has a phoney reel and is in a paypal dispute though.

personally my favourite of his listings is this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEACH-BOYS-...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

we could all get a rubber stamp with quadradisc made and stamp it on every stereo record...what a great way to increase the sale price on ebay!!

just what are the odds of having a quadradisc stamp on a single that's stereo /mono and a 4 track quadraphonic tape of animals sitting side by side at the same place...

personally my favourite of his listings is this one

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BEACH-BOYS-...=&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

we could all get a rubber stamp with quadradisc made and stamp it on every stereo record...what a great way to increase the sale price on ebay!!

just what are the odds of having a quadradisc stamp on a single that's stereo /mono and a 4 track quadraphonic tape of animals sitting side by side at the same place...

The guy who bought it seems to be happy with the purchase according to his feedback on Ebay. In fact, he has 100% positive feedback. The seller is actually a member of this forum. I knew I recognized the name. He was one of the many ripped off by Quad Bob.

Fingers crossed that they post their impressions here.

Since they are most definitely working on The Wall 5.1...we can hope Animals is given the immersion treatment that will include the original quad (assuming it actually happened) as a second wave of the Why Pink Floyd campaign

:howl trying to stay optimistic :banana:

Since they are most definitely working on The Wall 5.1...we can hope Animals is given the immersion treatment that will include the original quad (assuming it actually happened) as a second wave of the Why Pink Floyd campaign

:howl trying to stay optimistic :banana:

What makes you think they are working on a 5.1 Wall? Since the Immersion Edition already came out with NO surround or Hi-rez, how could this be?

What makes you think they are working on a 5.1 Wall? Since the Immersion Edition already came out with NO surround or Hi-rez, how could this be?
From an interview with James Guthrie:

"My understanding is that EMI plan to stick to their release schedule for the 'Why Pink Floyd?' campaign, which means there wouldn't be time to include a 5.1 mix in 'The Wall' Immersion Box. I will be doing a 5.1 mix of The Wall for release on SACD, but we don't have a planned release date for that yet. The original multitrack tapes are in pretty bad shape, so the project will take some time. I'm currently working on a Blu-ray release of 'The Wall' Movie."

Source:
http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/album...review-and-interviews-including-james-gu.html

Hi. I'm new. HNY to all.

I've read this and a thought popped into my mind.

I have a QS (quad) version of Pink Floyd's 'Animals' LP (and lots of others). If I record it to an MP3 file using my Magix vinyl to digital software, would the MP3 file still play four channel if played through a QS decoder?

I know that QS played through a modern 5.1 decoder is pretty awesome, but I've not tried the above.

You ave a QS encoded version of "Animals". Well, before your question is answered, would you care to prove it? Photo's and a lossless rip of a track or two woud be appreciated :rolleyes::mad:@:;)

You ave a QS encoded version of "Animals". Well, before your question is answered, would you care to prove it? Photo's and a lossless rip of a track or two woud be appreciated :rolleyes::mad:@:;)

It's at home and I may have the album misidentified. It has a picture of a black and white cow on the front cover. It's definitely quad. I'll take a pic and cut some MP3 tracks and get back to you.

I know that QS played through a modern 5.1 decoder is pretty awesome, but I've not tried the above.
QS played through a modern 5.1 decoder is pretty worthless. Does not resemble the real quad mix & is the same as playing anything else through a modern 5.1 decoder. And I'm with OD, please provide proof.

He states: "I have a QS (quad) version of Pink Floyd's 'Animals' LP (and lots of others)"

That doesn't sound hypothetical to me, more a statement of fact

Very much a fake. And if you have some QS vinyl copy of Animals - sorry, but it's a fake bootleg.

They only released Atom Heart Mother, Live at Pompeii, Dark Side Of The Moon, & Wish You Were Here in quad surround. And Pompeii only in theaters in LA & New York (and what a happy day a few months ago!)

Meddle had a quad mix that wasn't released. We're hopeful that if they decide to release any more of the high def masters they made (they only released Dark Side and Wish so far) that the quad mix will turn up on the blu-ray. We must listen to Atom Heart Mother through the tape hiss till the blu-ray for this is finally released.

Only the fx tapes for the live shows were mixed in quad for the Wall shows. There's no quad surround mix of that album either.

Those posts you see claiming quad versions of these albums are what are known as "upmixes". This is basically kids playing around. Either mixing different CD masters (yes - CD quality) into multiple speakers or running a stereo mix through a SQ decoder. They seem to be enamored by the phasing errors created and think they hear something moving. These guys have likely never even heard real surround mixes and may not even have a system or player capable of playing or decoding actual surround (Seen those 'surround receivers' with the awful sounding reverb settings but no actual surround inputs?). Not to rain on anyone's parade but these should not be confused with discrete surround mixes.

He states: "I have a QS (quad) version of Pink Floyd's 'Animals' LP (and lots of others)"

That doesn't sound hypothetical to me, more a statement of fact

I was looking at the "I've read this and a thought popped into my mind." statement. As in: "I have an idea! Say for instance that I have..." But then I saw that he said that he mentioned "and many others." Oh well, this should be good...

It seems as though there's a posting missing, but here's my reply to it:

That albumis "Atom Heart Mother", and all but a possible jap QS release were SQencoded.

So, that's the end of that then, mystery solved

Back