Quad LP/Tape Poll Blue Oyster Cult: Secret Treaties [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Secret Treaties'

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocrity Central

• 1: Sux

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Columbia CQ 32858, from 1974.

Side 1:

Career of Evil
Subhuman
Dominance and Submission
ME 262

Side 2:

Cagey Cretins
Harvester of Eyes
Flaming Telepaths
Astronomy

ED :)

Blue-Oyster-Cult-Secret-Treaties--366295.jpg
140.jpg

10. Their best album, IMHO and a great Quad mix.

You're mine for the taking. I'm making a career of evil.

One of my younger brothers is a big fan of BOC, and this was the album I played for him that first got his attention. Seen many of his concerts, and a few with just Buck Dharma.

ED :)

The equal of Tyranny and Mutation, and to my ears a better mix. I have two Quad copies of this album, both are stamped "Promotion Record - Not For Sale" on the back cover. One is stamped in red and the other in black (how appropriate). Neither album label says promo. One is VG+ with low static throughout and had I graded based on that one I would have likely marked it as 8, even accounting for what I recognized as less than perfect record condition. My other album sounds NM and my enjoyment is much improved, hence my score gets a "9". Point is when grading albums I need to grade based on how I think the album would sound. That is not always easy, grading what is sound quality related to abuse vs. the recording. Anyway, awesome album and sounds great. "9"!

I'm curious, what decoder do you you play it through? I have the Q8 but not the SQ, it is unbelievably trebly for a tape. I'm anxious for the SACD.

The equal of Tyranny and Mutation, and to my ears a better mix. I have two Quad copies of this album, both are stamped "Promotion Record - Not For Sale" on the back cover. One is stamped in red and the other in black (how appropriate). Neither album label says promo. One is VG+ with low static throughout and had I graded based on that one I would have likely marked it as 8, even accounting for what I recognized as less than perfect record condition. My other album sounds NM and my enjoyment is much improved, hence my score gets a "9". Point is when grading albums I need to grade based on how I think the album would sound. That is not always easy, grading what is sound quality related to abuse vs. the recording. Anyway, awesome album and sounds great. "9"!

I've never heard the Secret Treaties, but the Tyranny and Mutation quad 8-track was freaking awesome!
I did not see a poll on that one - wonder why?

Back