Nine Inch Nails "The Fragile" Coming in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Odys

701 Club - QQ All-Star
I saw this posted on another forum. Great news! Trent always puts out a great surround product. From a Q&A on reddit:

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/134vgv/i_am_trent_reznor_of_nine_inch_nails_and_how_to/

Hi Trent. Thanks for the years of music.

What's the status on The Fragile reissue? I know you talked about how Alan was doing a 5.1 remix a few years ago during a New York Times interview during the promotion for The Social Network.

[–]trent-reznor

The 5.1 mixes are done and sound amazing. Alan was the only person who could have possibly done it, and he did not disappoint. There are a couple other elements involved that we want to get right before we put this into production. These involve packaging and additional content. Patience, my friends.

Nice to finally hear something about this again! I was starting to wonder if this project had just fizzled out, as I think it's been almost two years since the last time I had read anything concerning this release. The Fragile should make for an excellent 5.1. Thanks Odys!

Well that's one I'd definitely pick up if/when it ever surfaces.

yippie... hopefully hi rez too? Im not sure if DVDA would be a possibility since The Downwards Spiral was released in Dual Disc and SACD only and With Theeth in Dual Disc too (not sure if DTS or Dolby Digital, I would have to check back home)

yippie... hopefully hi rez too? Im not sure if DVDA would be a possibility since The Downwards Spiral was released in Dual Disc and SACD only and With Theeth in Dual Disc too (not sure if DTS or Dolby Digital, I would have to check back home)
I can confirm that With Teeth is a DVD-A Dualdisc (y)

oh. great... I still cant play my sacds and my DVDA, althou I boght my oppo, sicne my receiver is a sony crappy receiver with no analog inputs neither HDMI (only digital and optical inputs)

inkubuzz said:
I can confirm that With Teeth is a DVD-A Dualdisc (y)
As is The Downward Spiral. :)

The Fragile in 5.1 is indeed good news! That's one of the records I have been dreaming about in surround. :banana:

from what I can gather The Downwards Spiral (and a whole load of other surround stuff) would have been on DVD-Audio (proper DVD-A, not even DualDisc DVD-A) if Sony hadn't to all intents and purposes given UMG (etc) bungs/incentives to release them as SACD (and then later DualDisc) instead..!!

great news on "The Fragile" coming in 5.1 though! Pleeeeeeease let it be "Hi-Rez-nor"..!! :D

Back