HiRez Poll Elliot, Missy - Miss E ....SO ADDICTIVE [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Missy Elliot - MISS E SO ADDICTIVE

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this 2001 DVD-Audio release on Elektra from Missy Elliot. (n):phones(y)

Missy Elliot So Adictive 400.jpg

surprisiongly good given that i am not usually a fan of this kind of music. its been a while since i listyened to it but i do remember it being quite immersive and enjoyable.

to be honest... I can't stand this kind of music. Sound quality and surround mix seem to be ok, so I'll give it a 7, without rating the music. Before you ask, I read somewhere that this is great, and even non-hiphop-people should like it - and it was cheap...

to be honest... I can't stand this kind of music. Sound quality and surround mix seem to be ok, so I'll give it a 7, without rating the music. Before you ask, I read somewhere that this is great, and even non-hiphop-people should like it - and it was cheap...
Yeah - where's Alicia Keys when you need her?

I'll take Missy Elliott's funky, sassy, Supa Dupa hip-hop over Alicia Keys's anodyne R&B any day. But it's not a competition, and I'm not sure why one Black artist should be unfavorably compared to another one in a poll thread devoted to her work. Bottom line: this is a fine album by an iconic artist that deserves a less pedestrian mix. Get Ur Freak On!

Love this album and it sounds sensational on my system. Gave it a 9. And no wonder, it was mastered by Bernie Grundman!

https://www.discogs.com/Missy-Misdemeanor-Elliott-Miss-E-So-Addictive/release/3249538
R-3249538-1595896794-3429.jpeg.jpg

Listening with Neural:X upmix and its a whole lot of fun, not my normal thing but my partner's up & dancing (while dusting!)
Bernie did good! (Although whoever edited out the cuss words......loses a point)

Listening with Neural:X upmix and its a whole lot of fun, not my normal thing but my partner's up & dancing (while dusting!)
Bernie did good! (Although whoever edited out the cuss words......loses a point)
Agreed - I am listening to this now - wildly entertaining surround mix - if I could get it WITH the “dirty” words it would be a 10 🤩

This is at the top of my surround albums list. Great to demo what surround can do.
Like others here, I'm not a huge fan of the genre or Missy Elliott specifically, and I wouldn't own any of her music had it not been released in surround, similar to Britney Spears' In the Zone. "Get Ur Freak On" was included on my 2004 Acura TL ELS demo disc. Bought the album while gobbling up every DVD-A I could get my hands on back in the day.
Listening to it again now, ripped to FLAC, playing from USB in my home office surround setup. Refreshing. I also wish it had the explicit words - I'm not a fan of nasty language, but having heard the stereo mix with explicit language, it just flows better.
Stand out tracks for me are "Get Ur Freak On" and "Whatcha Gon' Do".

Back