HiRez Poll Kompendium - BENEATH THE WAVES [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Kompendium - BENEATH THE WAVES

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
I think the Magenta music is the closest I've found to any music that really moves me in the same way that Yes' music does. The layers of guitars/keys/vocals work so well together. I personally like the Magenta releases better than this one, but this is very good also. Seems a little different and I guess I feel this is more like Alan Parsons Project style. Of course, just my opinion and we all hear and process things different. I would think any Prog fan would find this enjoyable and would definitely recommend some Magenta (I personally favor Metamorphosis which has been recently re-released, but they're all good) to pythonman since you are enjoying this one.

K

I am not feeling the vocals at all; very corny.

I haven't voted on this, love everything about this release. The album cover was done by same artist who did 'War of the Worlds' so that should give you an idea to the amount of detail done on this project and everything through out this epic recording speaks class all the way. A fantastic group of musicians assembled for this and the album might not be to everyone's liking if you don't like a recording that has celtic music mixed with opera mixed with rock mixed with spoken word mixed with orchestra music.
Rob Reed has done a masterful job of mixing this into surround and Neil Wilkes(thanks for authoring this in Dvda).
What surprised me from my listening audience at home my kids aged(19,21,23) all loved this album right away and my wife who I thought would like this album did not.
This one gets a 10 as its a fantastic project.

peter

I only just discovered this group and been trying to find the disc. Word from Burning Shed is that they cannot get anymore in stock. Such a shame that an Artist / Label only releases a small supply and decides, that's it! Looking around on the net, I can't seem to find and new / used copies that aren't outrageously expensive. :mad:@::(

Excellent! Purchased as a flac download... the surround mix is enveloping and discrete (as are ALL Rob Reed surround mixes that I've heard); fidelity is perfect and crankable; I would describe the music as a mix of prog rock/new age/world music/opera (what a combo... but it works!). Anyone who enjoys "Santuary II" should enjoy this. 8.

Just another plug for this album. It's easily in my top 5 5.1 purchases of the last 10 years. Such an enjoyable listen. I did not write this but adding here as agree with a reviewer of this 100%:

"Beneath The Waves is a truly superb piece of work, and Rob Reed, and the myriad of vocalists and musicians, involved in its 3 year gestation period should feel a sense of supreme achievement. It is exactly what Rob set out to do, and that was to produce an album that would re-introduce the listener to settling down for over an hour and focusing simply upon the conceptual storyline within the music.

The CD, Beneath The Waves, is an awesome achievement and apart from having a “One To Buy” sticker on the front, it should also host a “No Home Should Be Without One” sticker as well. Will there be another album from Kompendium in the future? Only Rob Reed will know the answer to that question, but if the answer is “no,” this album is a wonderful milestone marker along the route of the concept album."

Best thing yet you can order directly from Rob's website and get this lossless flac for just $7 pounds.
AMAZING DEAL, EPIC CONCEPT ALBUM,AMAZING SURROUND.

What are you waiting for if you don't have this yet, order from HERE and order other's from the list as great albums by Rob and friends:

http://www.magentashopfront.com/page14.htm
peter

Back