Quad LP/Tape Poll Hancock, Herbie: Head Hunters [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Head Hunters"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocrity Central

• 1: Sux

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Columbia PCQ 32731, from 1974. Took the SACD out to play, took a look, never listed the quad issue. For shame...

Side 1:

Chameleon
Watermelon Man

Side 2:

Sly
Vein Melter

ED :)

10. I've had the Q8, SACD 5.1, 2 ch LP & CD of this. A true classic! Great performance & mix. Don't miss it.

110693066838.jpg

Although I'm partial to SEXTANT, this is a strong one, excellent mix and performance. Although Herbie had been around a long time, hadn't really noticed him until the BLOW-UP soundtrack of 1967, which I bought because it had a Yardbirds track on it. Then I found his work with Miles, which was wonderful. I think this album was a peak of sorts, he never got better, though not for lack of trying. A 9 here.

Although I'm partial to SEXTANT, this is a strong one, excellent mix and performance. Although Herbie had been around a long time, hadn't really noticed him until the BLOW-UP soundtrack of 1967, which I bought because it had a Yardbirds track on it. Then I found his work with Miles, which was wonderful. I think this album was a peak of sorts, he never got better, though not for lack of trying. A 9 here.

+1, I think Sextant is his Masterwork..REALLY out there!!!! he later chilled out with HH and Thrust, which are both REALLY GREAT TOO!!!!
Of Course HH is a CLASSIC!!!,
got it on SACD and on SQ LP!!!!
a definitive 10!!!
Funky, groudbreaking and my Lovely Lis loves it!

Back