Surround Albums with Female Vocals

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanx Tom. from your answer i assume you don't have even casual conversations with customers,
such like how they want mix to be done and feed back on work, you did and sent for reviewing?

Here are some more with female singers from my list:

Big Brother & The Holding Company (Janis Joplin) - Cheap Thrills (SACD)
Rory Block - Last Fair Deal (SACD)
Blondie - The Curse Of Blondie (DualDisc w/ DVD-A side)
Carpenters - Singles 1969 - 1981 (SACD)
Carl Cleves & Parissa Bouas - Out Of Australia (SACD)
The Donnas - Gold Medal (DVD-A)
Lauren Ellis - Feels Like Family (DualDisc w/ DVD-A side)
Enya - The Very Best Of (DVD: DTS, Dolby 5.1)
Heart - Alive In Seattle (SACD)
Rickie Lee Jones - The Sermon on Exposition Boulevard (SACD)
Loreena McKennitt - Nights From The Alhambra (DVD: Dolby 5.1)
Natalie Merchant - Tigerlily (DVD-A)
Ann Mortifee - Into The Heart Of The Sangoma (SACD)
Bonnie Raitt - Road Tested (DTS-CD)
Dar Williams - The Beauty Of The Rain (DVD-A)
Dar Williams - The Green World (DVD-A)

No.
I just get the multitracks and try to make something sound interesting. How it gets released is beyond my control.

such a shame.. I wish some of the mixes you did for Sony that got released on DualDisc had been SACD!

The Pink album in particular is such a brilliant surround mix, it demands Hi-Rez..!!

There's a female vocal on the track called Lilly on the Kompendium disc Beneath the Waves sung by Angharad Brinn. Steve Hackett on guitar too.

A few more orders in: Pink "I'm Not Dead", Enya "The Very Best Of", and Blondie "The Curse Of".

I'd forgotten that we already have Rickie Lee Jones "The Sermon on Exposition Boulevard" - I like it a lot, but I'm more the Ricki Lee fan than Lynn is.

Thanks again everyone!

I know that this is a bit of an old post to "re-activate" but I'm surprised that no-one has mentioned Magenta on this thread.

They have three albums available with surround releases:

"Chameleon" (CD/limited edition Chameleon Project DVD)
"Seven" (the two disc limited edition)
"Metamorphosis" (The Metamorphosis Collection)

All featuring the incredible vocal talents of Christina Booth.

It's all a matter of taste, but I dig hard rock, and I like Janis Joplin and Grace Slick. JA - Volunteers cuts, 'Hey Fredrick' or 'Eskimo Blue Day', and 'Pearl' whole album by Janis. Both can't miss, IMO.

An absolutely ok release. The mix is fine, although nothing spectacular. Also, good fidelity for a DTS CD. Should I vote, I would be torn between a 7 and an 8 and probably go with the former, as the material (and singing too) isn't always the most convincing one, although pretty colorful. I'm happy to own this disc and have no problem recommending it if you can find a copy for a reasonable price.

Thanks man! I have her Best-Of album which contains 2 of the tracks from this, and I like them as much as I like her other stuff. Will keep an eye open for this disc.

Back