Quadro-Sampler DVD-A from QuadroSurround - Now Available

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
QUADRO-SURROUND, headed by QQ Member Dietrich Rasch (Quadro-Action) from Germany, has quietly been releasing original 4 Channel DVD-Audio discs for about a year now, and the latest offering from them is a sampler disc containing 4.0 tracks from 5 of their releases.

For those of you who are unaware of Dietrich's company, you can read a little about the start of 'Quadro-Surround' in the QQ article HERE

The Sampler disc contains tracks from "Hot Nights in Rio", "The David Celia Band (Live)", "Jazz, We Can", "The Uptown Swing Gang", and "Classical Surround". Clicking any of the titles mentioned will bring you to the thread in the forum about those releases.

For those of you who have been curious but yet to try one of these discs, this sampler is the perfect chance for you to show your support for Dietrich and his Quadro-Surround label.

The sampler is available at a reduced cost from the Quadro-Surround website: http://www.quadro-surround.de/english/avaiable_productions.html

Quadro Sampler Front 600.jpg

QuadroSamplerBack 600.jpg

Yes, we are proud to announce here with the help of Jon our first quadraphonic sampler DVD-Audio with examples from our first 5 quadraphonic productions outside the "big" industry. I think, we are the only fan-based label worldwide, which will produce contineous quadraphonic software. By a lucky coincidence we have found here in Hamburg/Germany the profs for recording and mixing (also with knowledge of quadraponic sound and technic) for visual art, production and impoportant to finance the beginning.
So we said: Why not make a start, because a lot of the fans are crying for new quadraphonic software.
Well quadraphonic music is not only possible from big stars or names. A well listening music is playing elswhere live and well music is more important for a quadraphonic production. And all the stars and firms have had always a beginning. With our quadraphonic music production the fans have now the chance, to help them-selves instead of further waiting for the "wonders" from the big industry, which is fighting meanwhile for their survival. But of course also we can not produce always by vacuum conditions.
For a test of our quadraphonic productions we offer our sampler with a low-price of only $ 12. Now I have suspense, how the echo of the fans will be.

Dietrich

The price of $ 12 for a Quadro-Surround sampler is including mailing instead usual $ 22 for a DVD-Audio (including Dolby Digital) of our quadraphonic special propductions.

Dietrich

Sometimes I must wondern about any opinions about Quadraphony or 4.0 again 5.1. as for example by reading the askes for Neil Wilkes. For me there is not a real difference between both surround settings, because 4.0 by the technical transfer means 5 channel by listening with the phantom center. The .1 or LFE is also superfluous by listening surround music. 20 Hz are also in normal mode possible. And bass in the music is another thing as trampling by a T.Rex. For surround music at home is further on the quadraphonic 4.0 technic absolute sufficient. Music is no Cinema. And I think, there are many more well surround mixes from 70's as modern in 5.1, although there are also actual any well surround mixes like Grover Wahsington "Winelight" or those from Steely Dan. But many more well surround sound was done in quadraphonic times. From Ray Conniff to Hugo Montenegro etc. p.p.
And to cry for more surround productions from the big industry is for nothing. Those firms are now fighting for survival and have no an interess for experiments. The only way is, to help us self. But I am very astonishing about the very low interess for quadraphonic (which is also surround) productions outside RCA, CBS, UM, Sony Music, as we do it. But interesting music don't know names. And when the industry will see such a low interess for productions of surround music, they further on will have no an interess to do the same. Crying for surround music is not enough.

Dietrich

Back