Is this 1976 Canadian Catalogue Of interest?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

66Grandeguy

i was digging around today in an old storage thingy and found a 1976 catalogue of Quad releases available in Canada around that time. Should I scan the rest of it or is this already out there somewhere?

I have to admit there is a small blank in one page whre i must have cut out and used a coupon but it is mostly is very good shape. Its lists all records, Q8's and reels for sale in Canada.

Ken

Quad catalogue01.jpg

+3 !

Scan and Post!

It might list tapes that never were actually released like some other catalog(ue)s do.

Nice! Do it.

If you have any problems with the files being to big, let me know and I'll "fix" that! :)

OK. I hope this works. A couple of notes. The catalogue itself is not dated but I had written the date of April 21 76 which was when I went through it I think. its possible its from late 75 but it would be possible to date it pretty closely by figuring out which would be the latest albums on there. I was going to clean it up a bit and take my wish list ticks off it but I thought I'd let it go the way it is. The yellow patch is where the coupon was. I don't think there is unique stuff on there that I haven't seen elsewhere in terms of releases and I know its missing some that I picked up in Canada so comprehensive it isn't.

Ken

catalogue page 20012.jpgcatalogue page 20001.jpgcatalogue page 20002.jpgcatalogue page 20003.jpgcatalogue page 20004.jpgcatalogue page 20005.jpgcatalogue page 20006.jpgcatalogue page 20007.jpgcatalogue page 20008.jpg

My estimation as to when the list was compiled would be late '73 or very early '74. This is based on Rick Derringer's All American Boy, which was released in 2ch in late '73. The SQ/Q8 appeared in early '74. This list may have been compiled when it was announced, or when it was released. It appears that there are no later Quad releases than the Derringer.

Gordon Lightfoot's Sundown and Zappa's Apostrophe are missing, which are both from mid '74.

I see a couple titles that I've never seen before. SuperQuad! by Peter Matz, Just Plain Charley by Charley Pride....

The latest tape I see on the Columbia side of thing is 32802, so I'd agree with the early 1974 time period.

Thanks for posting this!

Also no mention of any Polygram quad issues - very few (Eric Clapton, Ohio Players...) but with some unique titles never released anywhere else in quad (James Last, for example).

Glad you liked it guys! I certainly wouldn't argue about the dating. It could easily be that far back. I wonder if they ever updated it? Given the tiny Canadian market for quad I rather doubt it actually but hey fellow Canadian quad cult members, go rooting though your old desk drawers!

ken

Back