QQ Official Test of the Involve Audio Surround Master SM-465

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Chucky

What are the prospects of an SM with digital out?

As you'd know a growing number use USB DACs. Eg I use one thats c $1400. Dutch, possibly like your good self :)

(And I have one other USB DAC)

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard

Sorry about the delayed response...one of those days.

I am under both internal and external pressure to provide HDMI or USB digital outs but at the moment we have a few restrictions. Firstly it will require a new box (the existing one cost us $50,000) but also our time is committed to a number of other projects at the moment. In short given time and financial backing it will happen eventually but not soon. Sorry!

Welcome to QQ - I have found this forum to be very free and not stupidly restricted (eg audioholics or AVS forum)

Regards

Chucky

Thanks Chucky

What are the prospects of an SM with digital out?

As you'd know a growing number use USB DACs. Eg I use one thats c $1400. Dutch, possibly like your good self :)

(And I have one other USB DAC)

Cheers

Richard

Thanks again Chucky

I'm in a similar situation, super busy on several projects. But the weekend is sprung and a man's thoughts turn to . . improving his media system (formerly just hi-fi), Must escalate the putting together of some rear speakers

I guess the answer is obvious: the relative level of the rears is controlled, not as I first would have thought, by a 'frontr/ rear balance knob' on the decoder, but by a pot (on the rear amp?

Cheers, Richard

Hi Richard

Sorry about the delayed response...one of those days.

I am under both internal and external pressure to provide HDMI or USB digital outs but at the moment we have a few restrictions. Firstly it will require a new box (the existing one cost us $50,000) but also our time is committed to a number of other projects at the moment. In short given time and financial backing it will happen eventually but not soon. Sorry!

Welcome to QQ - I have found this forum to be very free and not stupidly restricted (eg audioholics or AVS forum)

Regards

Chucky

Chucky, I sent a message via your companies contact page - I'm letting you know here just to make sure you get it - it was kinda long, as are many/most of my posts here on QQ. I thank you ahead of time for reading it.

cheers,
Ty C.

Back