Dylan in Surround - What's Out There?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Blasphemy! - of course there is this title:
rolling.jpg

P.S. My fave is Blood on the Tracks...

And also the Desire quad, which has what I think is a great song, The Hurricane.

Yeh I read in another thread there were 3 quads. So 9 Dylan albums in surround altogether?

Not bad! Still only a fraction of his output, but hey. I see myself sinking some money into this soon.

I'm not sure that all the SACDs are surround, at least two or three are.

All of the SACDs listed above are surround, i.e.:

Another Side of Bob Dylan

Blonde on Blonde
Blood on the Tracks
Bringing it all Back Home
Love and Theft
Slow Train Coming

Plus "Masked and Anonymous: Special Edition", disc 2

The rest of the Dylan SACDs e.g. Infidels, Desire etc...do not have surround.

Whoa, that looks like an amazing deal. He does list "John Wesley Harding" as Surround, though, so I wonder if he knows what he's doing. Then again, the photos seem to show the right discs.

Shame he doesn't ship to Canada :-/

Whoa, that looks like an amazing deal. He does list "John Wesley Harding" as Surround, though, so I wonder if he knows what he's doing. Then again, the photos seem to show the right discs.

Shame he doesn't ship to Canada :-/

Well, if you want it and he absolutely will not ship to Canada you are welcome to ship it to me and I'll send it on to you. I'm in Seattle. Would cost a few more bucks in postage, but might be worth it becasue it does seem like a good deal. If you want to do that send me a PM and we can coordinate.

There are two tracks only available on SACD 5.1 and 2ch on the Masked and Anonymous bonus disc SACD sampler and on the promo-only hybrid sampler: Bob Dylan Revisited - The Reissue Series Sony CSH 5538:
All I Really Want to Do from The Bootleg Series Vol. 6 Live 1964 . The Philharmonic Hall Concert (audience only in rear)
Cold Irons Bound from Masked and Anonymous

The other five tracks are taken from aforementioned SACD's:
Love Minus Zero/No Limit
Stuck inside of Mobile
Tangled Up In Blue
Gotta Serve Somebody
Moonlight

Bob-Dylan-Bob-Dylan-Revisit-258989.jpg

Someone just voted on Dylan's Blood On The Tracks multi-channel SACD. Heck, I guess I even forgot about this title and also never owning it....
So, found a sealed copy for $29 shipped and I'll add that to my collection. :)

It's my favorite Dylan SACD, great enveloping sound and some of his most accessible songs. You won't regret adding it to your collection. :)

Back