Mark Reeder - Five Point One

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Failed Muso

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Given that, whilst I'm not new to multi-channel, but am new to this place, I was just searching around for stuff, including opinions on material I owned and was surprised not to find anything regarding the album mentioned in the title of this thread. Being a huge fan of the Factory record label, this was brought to my attention before its release about 18 months ago. For those that don't know, Mark Reeder was Factory's "man in Berlin" in the late 70's and early 80's, booking and signing bands and managing the label's affairs from the east of the divided city. He worked closely with bands like Joy Division and, later, New Order.

After Factory's demise, Mark was instrumental in the rise of Techno and started his own label, Masterminded For Success (MFS), and discovered DJ's such as Paul Van Dyk, whilst cementing his own musical credentials via various acts and his remix work.

Five Point One collects together some of his best remixes and he has reworked them for 5.1. Acts include Depeche Mode, Pet Shop Boys and Bad Lieutenant (Bernard Sumner's side project outside of New Order) as well as legends like John Foxx & Die Toten Hosen.

Presented in Dolby Digital 5.1 (a DTS version proved too costly and time consuming... Mark did this all on a very small scale), the package contains 18 5.1 remixes and 2x CD's of stereo work, all packaged up in a four way folding sleeve and clear plastic slip cover.

Available worldwide for €24 (P+P is included in the price) in a numbered limited package, I can highly recommend this album. Full tracklistings as well as stereo audio and video tasters can be found at the website...

http://www.5point1.org

I got this for mere pennies in a 'thrift store' not that long ago (the words "Five Point One" were enough to reel me in!).. :p

believe me, I search everywhere while I'm out and about! no surround sound stone is unturned! :eek:

Back