Bilocation - Steve Marshall

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Failed Muso

800 Club - QQ All-Star
Following on from my previous post regarding Mark Reeder's 'Five Point One' album, another title that seems to have, at least on this forum, slipped under the radar is Steve Marshall's quite incredible exploration into three dimensional sound that is 'Bilocation'.

Originally conceived as a binaural recording, Steve has employed some serious technology to take his binaural recordings and configure them to work in a 5.1 scenario.

This is a DTS only disc and costs £13.99/£14.99 depending on geographic location. It also requires a more regimented listening position for the full effect to reveal itself to the listener. But I have found that even on my own speaker configuration, the experience is incredibly rewarding.

There was an article in 'Sound on Sound' magazine at the time of the original release that went into greater detail about the creation of the piece.

http://stevemarshall.org.uk/bilocation/

P.S. For a limited time, and by request only, Steve did release a stereo binaural version on regular CD. If that is of any interest, I suggest contacting Steve directly :) I have it and it works brilliantly.

Following on from my previous post regarding Mark Reeder's 'Five Point One' album, another title that seems to have, at least on this forum, slipped under the radar is Steve Marshall's quite incredible exploration into three dimensional sound that is 'Bilocation'.

Originally conceived as a binaural recording, Steve has employed some serious technology to take his binaural recordings and configure them to work in a 5.1 scenario.

This is a DTS only disc and costs £13.99/£14.99 depending on geographic location. It also requires a more regimented listening position for the full effect to reveal itself to the listener. But I have found that even on my own speaker configuration, the experience is incredibly rewarding.

There was an article in 'Sound on Sound' magazine at the time of the original release that went into greater detail about the creation of the piece.

http://stevemarshall.org.uk/bilocation/

P.S. For a limited time, and by request only, Steve did release a stereo binaural version on regular CD. If that is of any interest, I suggest contacting Steve directly :) I have it and it works brilliantly.

well Mark Reeder's Five Point One didn't slip under my radar.. ;) ..but this one did! thanks for the info :D

Back