Problem burning w/Discwelder Chrome

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

texquad

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Since 2002/2003
I'm using DVD Audio Extractor and then ripping with Discwelder Chrome. I've got a couple of DVD-A discs that I've tried to rip copies of that will not playback properly. The songs start than only play for :15 then stop. In my Acura they display "Format". I've tried to do this multiple times with different settings and still no luck. Normally I can rip DVD's like this with no problems. Is this a Macrovision problem?
Should I be using a different ripping software? Maybe I should switch to a CD/dts ripping setup. Any suggestions?

A bunch of DVDA discs contain Verance audio watermark. It seems your Acura is watermark sensitive. Unfortunately you cannot play a digital copy of your discs on your player without modifying the audio tracks.

A bunch of DVDA discs contain Verance audio watermark. It seems your Acura is watermark sensitive. Unfortunately you cannot play a digital copy of your discs on your player without modifying the audio tracks.

Thanks for that information!
I get the same response when I play them on my Samsung DVD player that also supports DVD-A & SACD, so it's not just in the Acura.
I don't remember if this is the first time I've tried to copy a DVD-A?

You should be able to use Foobar2000 with the DVD-Audio Decoder and Watermark Detector to remove the watermarks.

Yes. For some reason, even the newer Acura's still look for the watermark. Attempting to play a copy will bring the playback to a screeching halt, then tank out the player until you switch to FM or something, then go back (at times). It's a shame. You would think that by now they'd have taken those circuits out.

Sure would be nice if someone figured out how to bypass those circuits! :)

Back