The Vicar - Songbook #1: Press Release and Wav file Samples

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
QQ Member Neil Wilkes of Opus Productions has sent us the press release and the wav files from two tracks of the upcoming release "The Vicar - Songbook #1". This will be a CD/DVD-A release available from Burning Shed and other fine retailers in the coming weeks. This disc is a showcase for surround and is a "must own" for surround fans. Once it's released, we will have more information regarding its production, as well as a HiRez poll entry, but for now, these two songs should be enough to peak your interest.

For those who missed the original "Rumor Mill" thread on this title, you can jump to it via this link:
https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?16839

The zip file you can download from the first link below contains 2 sets of 6 wav files comprising two of the tunes on the DVD-A, "Man With A Woman" and "Twenty-Two". These are named with their title and channel positions. They are mono, so you have to put them together, unless you want to hear each channel individually.

To download this file, simply right click and select "Save Target As", then unzip and have at it.

www.quadraphonicquad.com/miscstuff/TheVicar.zip

For those who cannot play the individual wav files together in an editor, I have encoded them to DTS-CD wav files, and they can be downloaded here:

www.quadraphonicquad.com/miscstuff/TheVicar_DTS.zip

We hope that you will enjoy this "sneak peek listen" and support Neil's project.

Press Release Page 1.jpg

Press Release Page 2.jpg

Vocar Booklet 1024.jpg

The Vicar - a persona "discovered" by David Singleton - interesting....

Is there some trick to burning the two DTS-CD wav files to a CD? I thought I had done so correctly; my Oppo 83 recognizes the disc as a DTSCD with two tracks. But when I play them, they sound kind of like Alvin and the Chipmunks (not sped up, maybe more like Vincent Price in "The Fly.")

Back