Involve encoder?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't realize first, but...don't you have xlr outputs for the pro version ???

All active pro speakers have balanced inputs (and all mine, too...).

I can use jensen transformers to get balanced, but always more cables, more boxes, and more $$$...

Hi Yucca

Yep, the pro encoder has balanced XLR outputs. I am not sure what you mean by the other comments.

Regards

chucky

I didn't realize first, but...don't you have xlr outputs for the pro version ???

All active pro speakers have balanced inputs (and all mine, too...).

I can use jensen transformers to get balanced, but always more cables, more boxes, and more $$$...

Ok, sorry...I saw the xlr with "encoder in", so I finally thought it was to get signal from an external multichannel device...

My other comment was because I have a DI box to get balanced connections from unbalanced (with Jensen transformers). So I can do that even with the Surround Master, but I prefer avoid, as it's another box, another cables...

Many thanks again :)

Hello Quadraphiles

We are desperately busy developing our bookshelf surround systems but we are also finding time finishing of our Involve Surround Pro encoder/ decoder

We finally got the metalwork back and IT ALL FITS!!!!!

Next coating and labeling and final tests. Next week we will clean up the layout and fix some minor PCB errors followed by commencing the design of the moving magnet/ moving coil preamp option for the HiFi purists. Patience...............................

Below is a photo with the boards positioned but not screwed in, yes it looks messy but the word prototype comes to mind.

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• IMAG0352.jpg
    IMAG0352.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 265
Hi Everyone

We now have stock of the studio pro encoder and below is the photos of the final versions.....enjoy!

Chucky

Attachments

• Front View 5868px.jpg
    Front View 5868px.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 214
  • Rear View 5698px.jpg
    Rear View 5698px.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 190
Hi Rustyandi

You are correct. This is for two reasons.

1 The device is intended as a studio Encoder and we have no interest in promoting SQ as a format

2 A SQ encoder really complicates or encoder design and will need an additional encosder board as it really is not similar to Involve or QS encode in any way.

3 I lost the internal marketing battle (in Involve) to have SQ decode......again we do not want to promote SQ

The Involve/ QS/ SQ decoder was a special for QQ. We may still incorporate it in the high end consumer surround pre amp.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Rustyandi

You are correct. This is for two reasons.

1 The device is intended as a studio Encoder and we have no interest in promoting SQ as a format

2 A SQ encoder really complicates or encoder design and will need an additional encosder board as it really is not similar to Involve or QS encode in any way.

3 I lost the internal marketing battle (in Involve) to have SQ decode......again we do not want to promote SQ

The Involve/ QS/ SQ decoder was a special for QQ. We may still incorporate it in the high end consumer surround pre amp.

Regards

Chucky
Why do you have Involve and QS on the switch ?

Hi Rustyandi

Good question!
Answer is the base encode algorithm is QS (starting point). It has the advantage of the best possible decoded 4 channels but the stereo mix will be left/ right image compressed- the problem with QS.

In Involve mode the encode algorithm is also a variable matrix (not fixed parameter as in QS) and the parameters are varied to suit the music from moment to moment so that the user is blissfully unaware of any difference to the 4 channel decode or in particular the stereo encode now sounds just like stereo and not image compressed.

We include both encode modes so the user can compare the two encode matrix's and hopefully settle on Intelligent Involve encode

Regards

Chucky

Dear All

Here is the first review relating to our Studio Encoder/ Decoder (with a slight twist of TSS).

We submitted our unit to Hawkan Manderstedt a established and experienced recording artist and has worked with Cat Stevens, Queen, Mike Reinhardt, Denise DelaForce, Roxette and many others. Hawkin did something I was not expecting, in an attempt to look critically at issues like pumping, smearing and false sounds he grabbed a 4 channel stream and encoded it in Involve then he further processed the Involve stereo with TSS (Two Speaker Surround- our virtualiser mode). If we caused sonic artifacts this double process would show it up.

Anyway here goes, I would love to read your views.

http://youtu.be/E_ASbRARqtk

http://www.hawkansworld.com/Hawkansworld/About_Me.html

Regards

Chucky

damn, got your email charlie I would buy the Y4 in a second if I had any money!

for the price one should not even think about it twice!!!

hope i win the lottery this week so i can buy one :D

Back