how to use DAD LAB to create a VIDEO_TS for a DVD-A

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HYUANH

Good to find this forum. Actually I have been struggling for first DVD-A quite a few days.
I want to make a hybrid DVD-A, since pure DVD-A can't work on regular DVD player, either at home or on a car.
With Discwelder Chrome 2.0.30, I can use AUTO MIRROR but the VIDEO_TS generated almost 800 M, too much disc space occupied.
Some questions here:
1. DVD LAB can create VIDEO-TS with smaller size of file vs Discwelder Chrome AUTO MIRROR?
2. Is there mannual / instruction of how to use DVD Lab to create a standard VIDEO_TS file for Discwelder VTS import later on?

In addition, once "USE mirrorred Video_TS", at beginning of "Create Disc Image", there is always "Warning: Only 99 of your 113 tracks will be mirrored to the VIDEO_TS".
In my album, there are 6 groups and total 113 tracks with track point on each. There is no any problem for pure DVD-A disc image burn. Why AUTO MIRROR would limit tracks? Or somehting wrong with my opertion?

Thanks in advance,

Last edited:
Good to find this forum. Actually I have been struggling for first DVD-A quite a few days.
I want to make a hybrid DVD-A, since pure DVD-A can't work on regular DVD player, either at home or on a car.
With Discwelder Chrome 2.0.30, I can use AUTO MIRROR but the VIDEO_TS generated almost 800 M, too much disc space occupied.
Some questions here:
1. DVD LAB can create VIDEO-TS with smaller size of file vs Discwelder Chrome AUTO MIRROR?
2. Is there mannual / instruction of how to use DVD Lab to create a standard VIDEO_TS file for Discwelder VTS import later on?

In addition, once "USE mirrorred Video_TS", at beginning of "Create Disc Image", there is always "Warning: Only 99 of your 113 tracks will be mirrored to the VIDEO_TS".
In my album, there are 6 groups and total 113 tracks with track point on each. There is no any problem for pure DVD-A disc image burn. Why AUTO MIRROR would limit tracks? Or somehting wrong with my opertion?

Thanks in advance,

No response so far. Keep waiting...

I can't help you as I've never figured that out myself, but someone here has. Hang in there.

No. AutoMirror uses AC3 and you cannot get smaller than that.
2. Is there manual / instruction of how to use DVD Lab to create a standard VIDEO_TS file for Discwelder VTS import later on?
No. There are heavy restrictions on commands & placement of files, and we all have to work this out ourselves. When Oscar was still developing DLP he added the ability to compile without the abstraction layer specifically for this purpose though.

Thanks in advance,

Your problem there is you are limited in DVD-A to 99 titles in a group.

Neil, thanks for your response.
Looks like just impossible to hybrid VIDEO_TS file made by DLP with AUDIO_TS file created by Discwelder Chrome. BTW, per question"Only 99 of your 113 tracks will be mirrored to the VIDEO_TS", there are 6 groups and only 20 around tracks in each group. It should be OK per the rules of DC. Probably, DC allows 9 groups of 99 tracks for pure AUDIO_TS burn. Per mirrored VTS, no more than 99 tracks in album.
Another idea to share, about lossless audio DVD, by accident I got it from a forum yesterday, is to convert 16bit 44.1k wav to 24bit 96k wav at first. Then, using AUDIO DVD CREATOR to create image / burn a DVD, with menu too. I tried it last night. Easy operation, time saving. The DVD burnt can be easily compatible to regular DVD player. The music sounds like lossless but not sure.

Neil, thanks for your response.
Looks like just impossible to hybrid VIDEO_TS file made by DLP with AUDIO_TS file created by Discwelder Chrome. BTW, per question"Only 99 of your 113 tracks will be mirrored to the VIDEO_TS", there are 6 groups and only 20 around tracks in each group. It should be OK per the rules of DC. Probably, DC allows 9 groups of 99 tracks for pure AUDIO_TS burn. Per mirrored VTS, no more than 99 tracks in album.

I suspect AutoMirror is putting all the Dolby Digital converted tracks for the Video_TS into one title (which will hit the limit) or else into separate VTS per track (which will again hit the limit)
THe only way to do it properly is to create the Video_TS externally & import it - or stay under 100 tracks.
That's Abstraction Layer tools for you - no control over the layout.

It's not impossible to do it - just difficult.

Back