Collecting Elton John (and other artists)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't forget this, which is a target-only limited edition:
51Yi6pHjdqL._SL500_SS500_.jpg

Don't forget this, which is a target-only limited edition:
View attachment 10068

yep I've got that one (of course).. not that I play it much.. :eek:

just giving the new Audio Fidelity mastering of "Rock of the Westies" CD a spin at the mo.. it does sound amazing.. the best I've ever heard the album (and I've heard it every which way, believe me! from LP, to 8-track, to cassette, to DJM CD, to Rocket Remastered CD and a load of other Japanese CDs.. it's never sounded as good as the original LP until now, better possibly it really is superb).. but but but I've got this nagging feeling all the way through.. yes, it sounds great.. but Greg Penny's 5.1 surround mix would be even better...!!!!!! :eek:

Perhaps I'll pick one up.

yep I've got that one (of course).. not that I play it much.. :eek:

just giving the new Audio Fidelity mastering of "Rock of the Westies" CD a spin at the mo.. it does sound amazing.. the best I've ever heard the album (and I've heard it every which way, believe me! from LP, to 8-track, to cassette, to DJM CD, to Rocket Remastered CD and a load of other Japanese CDs.. it's never sounded as good as the original LP until now, better possibly it really is superb).. but but but I've got this nagging feeling all the way through.. yes, it sounds great.. but Greg Penny's 5.1 surround mix would be even better...!!!!!! :eek:

interesting news tidbit.. with some crossover info that could hint to interesting developments/changes to way Elton's catalogue is handled..

http://www.eltonfan.net/cgi-bin/new...ICmxUv&style=Default News Style&tmpl=viewnews

the 3 things that leapt out at me:

1.) Elton has moved to Capitol,
2.) Lucian Grainge (UMG CEO who has recently been pushing blu-ray audio) was in attendance,
3.) Elton mentioned the move back to analogue recording and how important that is to him.

I've concurred the following.. Capitol may be more inclined to try new things to re-ignite interest in Elton's "old stuff" (as happened when Queen moved from EMI to UMG).. the head honcho guy who's pushing blu-ray audio may just have some interest in using Elton to promote the format, knowing he still has a following.. not the first time EJ has rabbitted on about the virtues of analogue etc.. but it's reassuring to know the sound quality of Elton's new music is still of importance to him (even though his hearing must be completely screwed by now!).

Back