DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Corrected Reissue) [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Jethro Tull - THICK AS A BRICK [Corrected Issue]

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Keenly refuses to say whether or not he has the corrected disc, but he continues to complain about it. He's already called the new Opeth album 'compressed' even though the DR is somewhere between 13-14 which is very good generally speaking, and almost unheard of for a heavy rock album, so I would say his opinion is suspect at best.

I did NOT call the new Opeth album compressed at all! I refereed to one picture of a waveform; NOT the whole album.

fwiw, I ran out of steam trying to source a copy with the corrected disc, so I just played the old duff one, adjusted the 'global' treble (for all speakers at once) by -3.0 dB and hey presto it sounds miles better! still the annoying clicks and stuff but sounds alright! dunno why I didn't try it 18+ months ago! :D

No I am looking to buy another. Did the original sound as I described?

If your DVD has a line underneath the DVD info on the right side, you have the corrected version.
If you think THAT disc's 5.1 mix is overly compressed and bright, you need to have your ears examined...

Sorry to hear this is still an issue. FWIW I bought mine from Amazon US over a year ago and it's the corrected disc. Good luck :)

Sorry to hear this is still an issue. FWIW I bought mine from Amazon US over a year ago and it's the corrected disc. Good luck :)

crossing my fingers and toes i see a line on the disc i will have by thursday. have been thinking about this one for about 5 months! but with the ASIN and date given by Thonolan i have great expectations :spot

crossing my fingers and toes i see a line on the disc i will have by thursday. have been thinking about this one for about 5 months! but with the ASIN and date given by Thonolan i have great expectations :spot

...or possibly:

PINK_FLOYD_HIGH_HOPES.jpg

;)

well...someone call the WHAAAAAAmbulance...cuz its still an issue. and i'm not pleased! now on a mission...will play the return game as many times as i need to...the hamster wheel be a spinnin! grrrr :howl

sheesh...replacement arrived today...AGAIN NOT corrected disc...as the wheel turns!....going for number 3

i'm not one to make silly 'mine's ordered...has shipped' posts....just want others to know this is still an issue... 3rd one was not the charm! :mad:@:

round 4 tomorrow...

Maybe a difference source might be the answer...instead of amazon try someone else...just saying..

my fear there is EASE of return/exchange process...but that is a thought...may try moviemars if #4 is a bust... in the mean time i did throw it out there on the swap meet thread...

in the interim i decided to give my defective disc a spin...it is quite bright. but i don't notice any glitches at the times given 2.32 etc... wondering what these glitches are? and if the corrected disc is less bright?

day 4...the following takes place between 1:00pm and 2:00pm.....

as instructed by my agents...infrared satellite tracking showed the man in the brown truck was alone and arrived at the designated time...he slowly advanced to the front door of the highly agitated suspect with the much sought after package in question...carefully handed it over...no shots were fired....even after numerous unsuccessful attempts...this mission unfolded with no methods of torture employed and no casualties....stand down team.....i'm happy to report i now have the CORRECT disc in my possession.... mission is complete..i repeat..mission is complete.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

day 4...the following takes place between 1:00pm and 2:00pm.....

as instructed by my agents...infrared satellite tracking showed the man in the brown truck was alone and arrived at the designated time...he slowly advanced to the front door of the highly agitated suspect with the much sought after package in question...carefully handed it over...no shots were fired....even after numerous unsuccessful attempts...this mission unfolded with no methods of torture employed and no casualties....stand down team.....i'm happy to report i now have the CORRECT disc in my possession.... mission is complete..i repeat..mission is complete.... :banana: :banana: :banana:

I hope you like it..LOL...

I hope you like it..LOL...

Love it! just a little bit of brightness here and there...but not too bad. i also don't feel it's overly compressed. and definitely much better sound than the defective disc. not as great AQ as Aqualung tho...overall well worth the perseverance!

content a 10...but fidelity not quite up there with the best of the best so had to go with 8...

Love it! just a little bit of brightness here and there...but not too bad. i also don't feel it's overly compressed. and definitely much better sound than the defective disc. not as great AQ as Aqualung tho...overall well worth the perseverance!

content a 10...but fidelity not quite up there with the best of the best so had to go with 8...
Check out Ian's live Blu Ray. Full album with a steller 5.1 mix by Jakko!

Back