DVD/DTS Poll Jethro Tull - Thick As A Brick (Corrected Reissue) [DTS/DD DVD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DTS DVD of Jethro Tull - THICK AS A BRICK [Corrected Issue]

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
May be a repeat question, but can someone tell me a reliable source for purchasing the corrected reissue version of the release...I wanted to order from amazon, but I am not certain that I can trust them not to make an error. Thanks :)

I finally bought mine only recently. I attempted to save a couple bucks by going with an Amazon reseller (but confusingly "fulfilled by Amazon") and got the bad version. I sent it back and ordered another slightly more expensive copy directly from Amazon and got the corrected version.

May be a repeat question, but can someone tell me a reliable source for purchasing the corrected reissue version of the release...I wanted to order from amazon, but I am not certain that I can trust them not to make an error. Thanks :)
I ordered the cheapest one that said new, and hoped it was correct. Turns out it was the defective one, but as of just a month ago they were still providing replacement discs free of charge. I got one no questions asked after showing them the amazon.com purchase info. It was painless.

I finally bought mine only recently. I attempted to save a couple bucks by going with an Amazon reseller (but confusingly "fulfilled by Amazon") and got the bad version. I sent it back and ordered another slightly more expensive copy directly from Amazon and got the corrected version.

By the way, I was under the vague impression that there were differences in the 2.0 versions between the two DVDs, but the FLAC fingerprints say both the original and new mixes are exactly the same, it's only the DTS that's been changed. Maybe this is old news to everyone else and I'm just--again!--confused.

Now more or less sold out in Europe...it was limited edition and Burning Shed told me that they are not re-stocking....can anyone confirm whether the ones being sold by Amazon US are the correct ones?

Now more or less sold out in Europe...it was limited edition and Burning Shed told me that they are not re-stocking....can anyone confirm whether the ones being sold by Amazon US are the correct ones?

The copy I got from Amazon--directly from Amazon, not from a reseller--was correct.

I ordered it from Amazon.ca 2 months ago and they still don't know when or if they'll have it again. Now Burning Shed says "THIS FORMAT HAS NOW BEEN DELETED" on its page! so I ordered from Amazon.com, which says it will be fulfilled by a seller. I tried to contact that seller and never got a reply...so I took a chance and ordered....hoping it is the corrected version. They only had 2 left in stock (now none!) So I had to act fast since I feel I'll never get a chance to get it a a decent price now....so fingers crossed!

I've noticed different SKU numbers for this title lately.
I wonder if the deleted one is the original when Chrysalis was still owned by EMI and the new one came into effect when WEA took over.

Found a copy yesterday at a retail store.
Bought it, opened it up, not the corrected disc.
Damn.
Not sure if I should mess around with trying to get a replacement from EMI (is the possible now that they've bought by WEA), or just take it back and buy from Amazon.

Found a copy yesterday at a retail store.
Bought it, opened it up, not the corrected disc.
Damn.
Not sure if I should mess around with trying to get a replacement from EMI (is the possible now that they've bought by WEA), or just take it back and buy from Amazon.
Several of us have emailed emi and got the corrected disc with no fuss. You should at least give it a try. Good luck!

Well, I recieved it today and it's the original defective one. :( I didn't listen to it yet, but thanks to the scans here I could tell. Well, I'll browse the other thread for EMI's address, hoping they can still be reached, and still send corrected discs.
What I hate is that the seller didn't include an invoice, so I'll print out the Amazon order and hope EMI accepts it.
At least I have the new mix on cd.... but I'm pissed that this has been deleted and I was forced to order from an unconfirmed seller. Damn, I should not have waited when Burning Shed had the corrected copies....

Well this corrected disc sounds infinitely better. How the mix got so mangled in the original release is very puzzling. Anyway, it is another winning 5.1 mix by Mr. Wilson. Yes, it's a shame that it's DTS but that does not detract from my enjoyment.

Unfortunately the new stereo mix still suffers from poor mastering. It sounds much better on the vinyl set where it was paired with TAAB 2.

I just received a copy from Amazon.ca today and it is the corrected one. I first order this one in January ASIN: B008S6B480 (EMI Music Canada) for $28 CAN. the order went into limbo. I called Amazon last week, and they sent this one out which was showing stock. ASIN: B00APTBXMA [Parlophone (Wea)] for $43 CAN. Amazon gave me it at the original price of $28. I must say amazon has had great customer service for the 3 issues I have had over the years. Damaged packaging on the Perception Box Set they gave me a $25 credit towards next purchase. A bad vinyl copy of the reissue of Irish Tour (nice one Rory :brew ). Sent a new one out that day, and now TAAB.

Just had a listen and it sounds great. Will vote when I can add some wattage to the speakers. (Too may people in the house :howl) It will be on the high end.

When i bought this album shortly after its release, i first listened to it over headphones.
I am travelling by train to work every day, so this is mostly my time to enjoy music.
Surround Sound is only possible at the weekend (and if my wife is out of the house or on the balcony).

I didn`t know anything about JETHRO TULL, i could not compare this new mix to an older one.
After some minutes TAAB with phones i felt bugged out about the singing and the sound.
I gave this album another try some days later and even thought about selling it.
The music had some very good parts, but listening to it for 40 Minutes was exhausting.

Weeks later i got the replacement DVD. I only knew the stereo from CD and now it was time for Surround:
I still didn`t like the singing, but the music suddenly excited me so much ! The 40 minutes passed almost too fast.

One and a half year later i got a feeling for the music from Jethro Tull.
I rated 10 for TAAB ( 8 for the music and 12 for the surround sound ).

In the meantime i tried again to listen to this album with headphones - that still does not work for me.
I cannot explain what bugs me, with other rock stuff like King Crimson or ELP i have no issues with headphone.

Back