INVOLVE SQ - IS COMING

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
chucky3042 said:
Hi All

Just a quick update. Work stopped on the SQ about a week ago just as we were circling the solution! Yes I am frustrated but we had to swap projects for a week or two to our new "Surround Cube woofer/ 6 channel amplifier/ preamp/ Involve" Woofer. I will publish some concept shots for you all shortly.

I hope we will be back on the job in a week or two.

Regards

Chucky

Yep, I can understand that you guys have other projects to work on, and that the SQ Surround Master was an unexpected addition to the product line. I was starting to worry after not seeing any updates in a while. I'm glad nothings wrong. I am still excited!

I am VERY interested and excited to see how this works out.

Last week I had the opportunity to hear Jim Croce's "Photographs & Memories" Lp as decoded through an Involve unit, and it sounded freaking spectacular. No joke - best rendition I've ever heard, and that includes a pristine Q8 on an Akai CR-80D-SS deck. If this works out the way I hope it will, anyone who wants to buy a Tate will be able to buy 'em all day for $100 (but we won't want to :D )

Keep up the great work!

Hi ClarkNovak

Thank you for your great observations.

I am hoping work will restart this week on the SQ unit. On our attempts a few weeks ago I was not happy with the results we obtained using "known" SQ decode equations, so I spent a few dark and lonely nights getting mathematical with a bunch of vector diagrams. The result is we have 4 equations that I am very confident will work well. In our rush to get results the steering variables left, right, front, back were not correctly scaled for the equations and the result was poor. I blame David fully.

I hope to have better news shortly - keep the faith!

Regards

Chucky

I am VERY interested and excited to see how this works out.

Last week I had the opportunity to hear Jim Croce's "Photographs & Memories" Lp as decoded through an Involve unit, and it sounded freaking spectacular. No joke - best rendition I've ever heard, and that includes a pristine Q8 on an Akai CR-80D-SS deck. If this works out the way I hope it will, anyone who wants to buy a Tate will be able to buy 'em all day for $100 (but we won't want to :D )

Keep up the great work!

I got a few SQ LPs in preparation...

Can't wait to play them - and of course my copy of Dark Side of the Moon in SQ.

I am steadily building my SQ(and QS) collection. I think it's getting pretty impressive for someone who has only been at it less than a year. There are a lot of titles I'm really excited to hear.

I need a copy of DSOTM but have been putting off coughing up the dough(it almost seems like the quad DSOTM is going up in price). Wouldn't mind having Atom Heart Mother and Wish You Were Here too. I rarely even see WYWH on ebay.

It will be nice to be able to put on most major Matrix releases and hear something that is just about what the engineer intended you too hear. It's been a long time coming. I pray that not much if anything was lost in encoding those discs.

Will be nice to hear some qulity fake quad from stereo discs as well.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I look forward to the initial test results once you perfect the method that will be used. There are a lot of great SQ test discs and demonstration qulity material to use.

I am steadily building my SQ(and QS) collection. I think it's getting pretty impressive for someone who has only been at it less than a year. There are a lot of titles I'm really excited to hear.

I need a copy of DSOTM but have been putting off coughing up the dough(it almost seems like the quad DSOTM is going up in price). Wouldn't mind having Atom Heart Mother and Wish You Were Here too. I rarely even see WYWH on ebay.

It will be nice to be able to put on most major Matrix releases and hear something that is just about what the engineer intended you too hear. It's been a long time coming. I pray that not much if anything was lost in encoding those discs.

Will be nice to hear some qulity fake quad from stereo discs as well.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I look forward to the initial test results once you perfect the method that will be used. There are a lot of great SQ test discs and demonstration qulity material to use.

Is your catalog of SQ and QS albums in vinyl format only? Or are some titles also available on CD?

My catalog right now is vinyl only right now. Some day I may record them to CD and get them on the computer. Maybe both undecoded and decoded. I have a good sound card for that. There are some Matrix CD's due to the fact the Matrixed mater was used, sometimes intentionally. Wasn't the last SQ album in like 83 and available on CD?

Chucky: Can the team sign my instruction manual? :)

Wasn't the last SQ album in like 83 and available on CD?

Yes, it was a double CD release of Buddy Rich - Live. Ironically, the Tate struggles to decode it correctly, which is odd as it was mixed using a Tate as a reference during the mixdown.

I haven't logged onto quadraphonicquad in a while but I felt I had to see if any other users had any experience using the surround master and much to my delight I see they are working on a SQ decoder!. I am extremely exited for this as I currently use a Sony SQA-200 and it is just awful for decoding SQ

Hi All

Just a progress report, Dave has been working on it for most of the week and we are starting to get some promising results. We will know if we are heading in the right direction mid next week. Hold on!

Regards

Chucky

Dear All

Weekly log

Still no go - bloody Dave took another 4 day week AGAIN. And the next week is a 4 day week in Australia due to the Queens birthday (yes its the 21 century and we still bow to genetically determined dictatorships down under - oh well you Americans have the Kardashians). Ho hum, on top of that we were bogged down fixing up a 45 degree compensation in our steering logic, I am pleased to say that is now fixed.

At one stage this week we were definitely staring into the abyss with one foot into the pit of doom- but all is now back on course. Suffice to say we refuse to release a substandard sq / Involve decoder.

Keep the faith.

Regards

Chucky

chucky3042 said:
Captains log

Next week is a 4 day week in Australia due to the Queens birthday (yes its the 21 century and we still bow to genetically determined dictatorships down under - oh well you Americans have the Kardashians).

But we don't get off of work on Kardshians' birthdays. Actually, the US trails the world in vacation time, especially with first world countries. Americans have very few holidays sadly.

I'm glad to hear that there is some progress in decoding. This is gonna be the best!

Dear All

Weekly log

Still no go - bloody Dave took another 4 day week AGAIN. And the next week is a 4 day week in Australia due to the Queens birthday (yes its the 21 century and we still bow to genetically determined dictatorships down under - oh well you Americans have the Kardashians). .......

Queen's Birthday was last weekend :mad:... Get on with it... Oh yeah that's right you Aussies are always a bit behind us Kiwis..:D

Seriously though - its great to hear progress is being made.

Back