QuadroSurround DVD-A Release Discussion

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Quadro-Action

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Since 2002/2003
I can only wonder about some of the quadraphonic or surround fans. They cry often, that the big firms should produce again more surround software. But they don't have such an interess. Only sometimes an offer with too expensive old productions as $ 100 for the third or forth edition of Pink Floyd for example.
Therfore we have established our Quadro-Surround label with costs of till now $ 30.000 . But then the fans staying aside instead of helping to install such an own and independent quadraphonic label and production. It is not possible to have a profit, because wew are idealists. But also an idealistic work must have nearly a financial balance. Meanwhile I think, that for some fans the surround-sound and the music is not important, really important is to see the label RCA, Universal, EMI. CBS on the cover and to collect rarities. There is even not an interess to test our sampler for less money. So I begin to think gradualy: Why I and my co-workers should help the quadraphonic scene???!!! Till now we produce further on and I will see, how is the resonance in future. In a few days, Jon will announce our newest production in 4 channel quadraphonic sound as DVD-Audio and Dolby Digital for usual DVD players.

Dietrich

I can only wonder about some of the quadraphonic or surround fans. They cry often, that the big firms should produce again more surround software. But they don't have such an interess. Only sometimes an offer with too expensive old productions as $ 100 for the third or forth edition of Pink Floyd for example.
Therfore we have established our Quadro-Surround label with costs of till now $ 30.000 . But then the fans staying aside instead of helping to install such an own and independent quadraphonic label and production. It is not possible to have a profit, because wew are idealists. But also an idealistic work must have nearly a financial balance. Meanwhile I think, that for some fans the surround-sound and the music is not important, really important is to see the label RCA, Universal, EMI. CBS on the cover and to collect rarities. There is even not an interess to test our sampler for less money. So I begin to think gradualy: Why I and my co-workers should help the quadraphonic scene???!!! Till now we produce further on and I will see, how is the resonance in future. In a few days, Jon will announce our newest production in 4 channel quadraphonic sound as DVD-Audio and Dolby Digital for usual DVD players.

Dietrich

I feel for you and your frustration, Dietrich.. but the big labels have the big artists and so the safe bets of big-selling albums by big-selling artists is more often than not what we get..

..and so we get what the labels think we want.

chicken and egg, self-fulfilling prophecy stuff.. how you break that vicious circle of the same artists and the same mixes time and again from the same big labels dominating it all, I don't know but I wish you every success in trying.

I feel for you and your frustration, Dietrich.. but the big labels have the big artists and so the safe bets of big-selling albums by big-selling artists is more often than not what we get..

..and so we get what the labels think we want.

chicken and egg, self-fulfilling prophecy stuff.. how you break that vicious circle of the same artists and the same mixes time and again from the same big labels dominating it all, I don't know but I wish you every success in trying.
Sorry, but I WANT major artists from major labels. This is why I never bought anything from Pentatone, either.

Hello Fredblue and Larry,
interesting to read your messages. At least an interesting stastement. I have not really frustration, but I only wonder. Yes, there are big and major artists. But where are they in quadrphonic sound? I think, you must wait sometimes more, if there are new surround productions from the majors. They have till now bloody noses from their engagement by DVD-audio and SA-CD in the 90's. But also bands without a contract from RCA etc. makes the same professional well music. Like for example Frank Valdor, who has produced some stereo records by the german RCA, and we could mix it now at first time in quadraphonic sound. Where is the difference? Also the other bands we have produced are not any of schoolboys or girls. Our bands and artists, who plays professional, have by their live events hundreds of enthusiastic listeners. But the important reason, that I produce new quadraphonic music is my wish to own self new quadraphonic productions. Those, who may wait further on for the quadraphonic Santa Claus, may do it. But again, I wonder. I offer also our next productions here with the help of Jon Urband and those, who likes that, may get this also.

Dietrich

Hello Fredblue and Larry,
Those, who may wait further on for the quadraphonic Santa Claus, may do it. But again, I wonder. I offer also our next productions here with the help of Jon Urband and those, who likes that, may get this also.

Dietrich

Well, I'm certainly not waiting for Santa Claus. I was really interested in purchasing your Parsons Thibaud disc and tried two times - using the email-address provided on your website - to ask a simple question about payment and postage and never got any answer. So maybe there would be more interest in your products if you'd bothered to answer to emails. Apart from that, thank you for your efforts to keep surround sound alive!

Michael

Hello Michael,

a strange situtation. Sometimes, but rare, it is possible, that a handshake between the different e-Mail provider has an error and the e-mal is send back to the sender. If there are any other interests without an answer from me, they may write thise here or direct to me. We have tested the connection and all was working right.

For the special problem with your order I have now this suggestion: Write me you address and you can get the "Parsons & Thibaud" for free. As seen in our webside for all other interests her my contact address: [email protected]. Those, who have heard this DVD-Audio was enthusiastic. Also you can mail me your sound impression.

Dietrich

Like for example Frank Valdor, who has produced some stereo records by the german RCA, and we could mix it now at first time in quadraphonic sound. Where is the difference?Dietrich

Do you make any advertisement about your productions anywhere besides internet forums? - I haven't seen any in printed media.

Frank Valdor: Do the fans of Frank Valdor know about your product? - Probably not!
If I have a look at his website I cannot see any mentions about your product either. Not in the album cover section, nor as a source for buying his music.

You are trying to behave as a record company, yet you aren't. You are just making a product without thinking about the selling aspect.

Are your disc at least available at concerts of your artists?

-Kristian

Hello Kristian,
I would not disturb the discussion in the Rhino thread, but the reason for my first comment was the fact, that I must wonder about the situation, that fans of Quadraphony wants surround-sound and on the other hand there is a less interess, when such new quadraphonic software is available. And only big stars are wonted? In the 70's we fans have often bought qadraphonic records also from sometimes unknown artists. Most important has been for us, that it was quadraphonic records - and we was aklso curious, which style of music it sounds.
Now to your remarks about our quadro-surround label.

Frank Valdor:
So far I know, he has not a fan club. In his webside are only offered some of his titles to sell. When surround fans are looking in such a webside, this would be very rare. In near furture Frank Valdor is again in my rooms to listen the new quadraphonixc mix. As he has heard our first re-mix he means, that he has till now not heard such an impressive sound of his orchestra.
Advertisement:
Yes we have done also those advertisements in german papers and will do it again. But not worlwide. Also some other independent labels have not so much money to do that like the big firms. We have also send some samplers to the hif-.papers in Germany, USA and Great Britain.

Available by concerts.
The Bands have got some items for sellíng there. But each should know, that by the people in the audience today there are only very very few with an interess for suriound music. The offer for surround music by stereo listeners is the same, as making advertisements for meat in vegetarian restaurants. So the real target groupe are the quadraphonic fans.

Not a real company?

I present our quadraphonic action not as big company. We are an independent label as some hunderts for stereo. But our working is like a real firm by producing and install some money. But in constrast to the big firms we have produced in 2012 till now 7quadraphonic productions. I would like, they would do the same, but there seems to be no hope. Those, who have bought and heard our productions are enjoyed. That is impoortant for us.

Further dicussions about our quadro-surround label you may write in the Thread "DVD-Audio" by our advertising of "Parsons & Thibaud". Here is more the place for Rhino

Dietrich

Hello Kristian,
I would not disturb the discussion in the Rhino thread, but the reason for my first comment was the fact, that I must wonder about the situation, that fans of Quadraphony wants surround-sound and on the other hand there is a less interess, when such new quadraphonic software is available. And only big stars are wonted? In the 70's we fans have often bought qadraphonic records also from sometimes unknown artists. Most important has been for us, that it was quadraphonic records - and we was aklso curious, which style of music it sounds.
Now to your remarks about our quadro-surround label.

Frank Valdor:
So far I know, he has not a fan club. In his webside are only offered some of his titles to sell. When surround fans are looking in such a webside, this would be very rare. In near furture Frank Valdor is again in my rooms to listen the new quadraphonixc mix. As he has heard our first re-mix he means, that he has till now not heard such an impressive sound of his orchestra.
Advertisement:
Yes we have done also those advertisements in german papers and will do it again. But not worlwide. Also some other independent labels have not so much money to do that like the big firms. We have also send some samplers to the hif-.papers in Germany, USA and Great Britain.

Available by concerts.
The Bands have got some items for sellíng there. But each should know, that by the people in the audience today there are only very very few with an interess for suriound music. The offer for surround music by stereo listeners is the same, as making advertisements for meat in vegetarian restaurants. So the real target groupe are the quadraphonic fans.

Not a real company?

I present our quadraphonic action not as big company. We are an independent label as some hunderts for stereo. But our working is like a real firm by producing and install some money. But in constrast to the big firms we have produced in 2012 till now 7quadraphonic productions. I would like, they would do the same, but there seems to be no hope. Those, who have bought and heard our productions are enjoyed. That is impoortant for us.

Further dicussions about our quadro-surround label you may write in the Thread "DVD-Audio" by our advertising of "Parsons & Thibaud". Here is more the place for Rhino

Dietrich

Rhino only did 2 Quad releases -- and you have already done 7..!!

I think that speaks volumes (y)

I can't tell you guys how good that Parsons & Thibaud release is enough times. If you like folk/rock, with lyrics you can understand, tunes that have melodies, and excellent vocal harmonies, this disc is a must buy. Listen to the samples I posted, or go to iTunes or Amazon, find this title (its there), and listen to more song samples in stereo.

It's a quality release

Dietrich,

Why don't you list these on eBay for a Buy-it-Now price that includes the eBay fees and shipping? I think this would make it much easier for people to get the disc.

Hello Jon,
We have also the intention to offer our DVD-Audios by Ebay. There may be found additionalfor surroundsound interested music listeners outside the menbers in this forum. But actually we are by thequadraphonic remixing of the Rock Music from the US band OGRE.

Dietrich

Because we are workling for further quadraphonic surround-productions I think, it would be interesting to know the style of music, which is most wanted from the surround-fans. To have a direct contact to music fans is the advantage to be a little and independent label. For example: What about Rock'n Rol? From those music is nearly nothing produced in a quadraphoinic mix. So I think, it could be interested by those fans, which are now 60 and more years and have heard self Bill Haley etc. live or with mono or stereo LP's. And the quadraphonic fans from the 70's should have most those ages. We have here a real Rock'n Roll Band since the 70's, which has been the fore groupe by Rock'n Roll Concerst in Germany of Bill Haley, Little Richard or Jerry Lee Lewis.

But also other suggestions are wellcome. If you know a professional Band of Rock or other styles - or such a band reads our message here -we can make for them and you also a quadraphonic mix, when it is suitable in quality and style. Our next productions (Heavy Rock) will be offered here in around 2 weeks. Further productions are in preparation.

Dietrich

I, for one, would like to hear some good multi-instrumentalist bluegrass music, recorded in a minimalist surround setting (like the Persuasions Sing The Beatles). Acoustic instruments to provide a reproduceable sound, stage the musicians all around you like they're sitting around your room.

3-piece rock bands like The Police, and ZZ Top quickly run out of musicans before the run out of channels for them; they've tended to underwhelm me.

Hello jberger

there are some bad surround mixes by actual "surround" productions - especially by the live- music recordings together with pictures. Often on can listen in the back channels only the crying audience or only reverberations. But with a creative mix also a 3 men rock band can be heard interesting. For example one should ´set the drums in the back channels and spread the different drum sounds or sources. But some sound engineers don't have crative ideas or have not the permission from the producer to do that. In opposite to those situations we can make our surround sound as we do like it in the real quadraphonic tradition. For a test you can get free our sampler with different music styles, when you may name me by PM your address.

Dietrich

Back