Chris Squire "Fish Out Of Water" 5.1 mix (Blu-Ray Edition out in October!)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent news, well spotted!

...I just hope it's a better job than "Squackett" which, imho, was pretty dire as surround mixes go.

Well said and, this was a favorite of mine many years ago. To have an up to date recording of this (If done well) will be well received. :smokin

Very excited about this release! One of my favorite college albums and the CD is out of print, I believe. I had to get the mp3 version from iTunes.

Even though I am a fan of Yes music I never got this solo album and have recently checked it out and have enjoyed it.
Well we are getting closer to the end of the year and no news on this, does anyone here know anything more about the 5.1 for this?

Even though I am a fan of Yes music I never got this solo album and have recently checked it out and have enjoyed it.
Well we are getting closer to the end of the year and no news on this, does anyone here know anything more about the 5.1 for this?

I agree 100%. Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water was recorded very well with full dynamic range. All the orchestrations by Peter Jackman and the fabulous fender rhodes & mander pipe organ by Patrick Moraz, along with Chris Squires harmonies will flow into 5.1 quite well I would think. If this is mixed well it should be a signature 5.1 release well worth having by anyone. Not to mention the pretty cool bass playing on the album.:phones

I agree 100%. Chris Squire - Fish Out Of Water was recorded very well with full dynamic range. All the orchestrations by Peter Jackman and the fabulous fender rhodes & mander pipe organ by Patrick Moraz, along with Chris Squires harmonies will flow into 5.1 quite well I would think. If this is mixed well it should be a signature 5.1 release well worth having by anyone. Not to mention the pretty cool bass playing on the album.:phones

Totally agree, the cd\dvd I checked out has a interview on it and Chris Squire has many nice things to say about Andrew Price Jackman who arranged the orchestra parts and his brother Greg who was sound engineer for this album.
I wouldn't have known any of this if it wasn't for recently checking this out and watching the interview and the Jackman's sound like they were quite the talented musical family as Chris S. has many fond memories of them and they did some stuff in a band called 'The Syn' which I know nothing of.
If done properly this could be a very good 5.1.

Totally agree, the cd\dvd I checked out has a interview on it and Chris Squire has many nice things to say about Andrew Price Jackman who arranged the orchestra parts and his brother Greg who was sound engineer for this album.
I wouldn't have known any of this if it wasn't for recently checking this out and watching the interview and the Jackman's sound like they were quite the talented musical family as Chris S. has many fond memories of them and they did some stuff in a band called 'The Syn' which I know nothing of.
If done properly this could be a very good 5.1.

The Syn was Squire's band before meeting Jon Anderson and starting Mabel Greer's Toyshop, which evolved into Yes. Squire also re-invented the group a little while back, using his buddy, and ex-Yesman, Billy Sherwood. They put out at least one album and did some touring, one show of which was released on dvd.

Allow me to bump this thread. With all the talk of the CTTE & Tull & XTC releases, this one could be really exceptional if done discretely from the mulit-tracks, lots of:

Vocal harmonies
Lush orchestrations
Soloing orchestral instruments
Chris Squire bass thunderings
Vintage analog keyboards
Pat Moraz - Bill Bruford - Alan White making very cool sounds in general
Darn good songwriting
Just enough acoustic guitar so you can just about hear Chris say "Who needs Steve Howe anyway?"

The original recording seems to have copious dynamic range, this should be a fabulous release if it does ever come out.

Does anybody have an update?

I fully support this bump! Not hearing anything as of late, I believe this is running on its own separate track. Will snoop for scoop.

I fully support this bump! Not hearing anything as of late, I believe this is running on its own separate track. Will snoop for scoop.

Cool, good to know we have our best man on the job! I have no idea of the legal aspects of the release but wouldn't it be reasonable to assume it would get released to Panegyric, along with CTTE and the other YES? Fish Out Of Water is prolly the biggest of the solo releases so it should definitely hold its own weight with all the other releases there. I hope we get a real nice package a la ELP - Tarkus Deluxe Edition. :smokin

Cool, good to know we have our best man on the job! I have no idea of the legal aspects of the release but wouldn't it be reasonable to assume it would get released to Panegyric, along with CTTE and the other YES? Fish Out Of Water is prolly the biggest of the solo releases so it should definitely hold its own weight with all the other releases there. I hope we get a real nice package a la ELP - Tarkus Deluxe Edition. :smokin

Any chance it would be Esoteric (rather than Panegyric) - like the Squackett release?

With Yes in the studio now recording a new album and Yes touring as well did Chris Squire forget about getting this out at end of 2013 as here we are in 2014 and haven't seen anything on this. Anyone got any news?

With Yes in the studio now recording a new album and Yes touring as well did Chris Squire forget about getting this out at end of 2013 as here we are in 2014 and haven't seen anything on this. Anyone got any news?

Are you not familiar w/ Squire's MO? Do you know how many decades he's been promising his 2nd solo album? He got his nickname for how long he spent in the bathtub, not for any affinity for water. He seems to do everything slllllloooowwwwwwwwwwwww...

I wouldn't hold my breath for this...

Are you not familiar w/ Squire's MO? Do you know how many decades he's been promising his 2nd solo album? He got his nickname for how long he spent in the bathtub, not for any affinity for water. He seems to do everything slllllloooowwwwwwwwwwwww...

I wouldn't hold my breath for this...

But a tactic to keep people interested :)

Got our show tickets and I will ask Chris about the status of this after show in July. Last August, he said hopefully out by year's end, but...

Got our show tickets and I will ask Chris about the status of this after show in July. Last August, he said hopefully out by year's end, but...

Yes please, do follow up with him. I, personally, don't need extras, just the album in 5.1 or quad. Silently Falling has exquisite potential for surround.

To follow up, I asked Chris Squire about the 5.1 release for Fish Out of Water after their (great!) show near Pittsburgh last night. He said "hopefully in the near future" and I wasn't able to get him to share anything more specific. Sorry, guys...

Back