BluRay Music Video Poll EAGLES - HISTORY OF THE EAGLES [Blu-Ray][DTS-HD MA]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the Blu-Ray of The Eagles - HISTORY OF THE EAGLES

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Just finished watching the second blu ray, now the concert. I loved the 5.1 mixes of unreleased songs. Still waiting for them to be released....The documentary was interesting, but I think the biggest thing I got out of it was how much of an asshole Glen Frey can be. I liked him a lot more before watching this. I still love most of the Eagles music, but shy away from the poitically induced social commentary music. I prefer to keep my music and my causes to fight for and poitics very separated. Regardless, this was a great behind the scenes look, even if it was tempered to favor some members over others. The concert is great as well, and makes it worth the price I paid alone.

Just finished watching both episodes for a second time. It is a very well done documentary and real ear candy for us who care about good audio and a good 5.1-mix also in documentaries like this.

One cool thing I noticed this time was in the beginning of episode 2, when talking about the old songs still playing on the FM Radio efter the band disbanded, the sound is very center focused. like you are actually listening on a radio. Then it goes from that to the most enveloping 5.1 soundscape and we surround junkies get that warm feeling inside :banana:

The documentary was interesting, but I think the biggest thing I got out of it was how much of an asshole Glen Frey can be. I liked him a lot more before watching this.

lol, that's exactly what I thought after watching this.

There's a saying "Don't get too close to your Heros".

Anyway, loved the 5.1 and thought the whole documentary was very interesting and very well done.

I always loved the Eagles since I was a kid but had no idea the behind the scenes story of them.

lol, that's exactly what I thought after watching this.

There's a saying "Don't get too close to your Heros".

Anyway, loved the 5.1 and thought the whole documentary was very interesting and very well done.

I always loved the Eagles since I was a kid but had no idea the behind the scenes story of them.

I had the same thought about Frey too after watching this. I also found Henley to be a tad whiney. (He was complaining that David Geffen didn't do enough to promote his solo albums. Yet The End of The Innocence had seven songs end up on the Billboard Rock Tracks chart - all but one of them made the top ten. Springsteen's Born in the USA is the only album to ever top that feat. This stuff doesn't happen if your label isn't doing some serious promotion.)

Having said that, the bonus disc is worth the price of admission. And some of the early archival footage in the documentary is great to see. Loved hearing "The Long Run" in 5.1. Hopefully someday we'll get the whole album.

Back