HiRez Poll Nosound - AFTERTHOUGHTS [DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A of Nosound - AFTERTHOUGHTS

• 5:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Hi Neil, thanks :)

It actually plays on every player but Oppo83 and Panasonic (655 for sure), about the Acura player all depends what's the OEM firmware they have. Anyway any Oppo83 or Panasonic owners if useful you can PM me for the flac 24/95 5.1 files if you cannot extract them from the dvd-a (they are perfectly normal and play) :)

Hi all. First post - just to say I love the album! Very moving, powerful - and it sounds fabulous in the dark...

I do appear to have the issue that others have mentioned with the MLP 5.1 mix - 2 to 3 minutes of silence at the end of each track and weird slow down of the clock. I have an old Pioneer DV-565A player, which has never missed a beat with DVD-A or SACD software before now. The DTS 5.1 mix sounds *nearly* as good.

Many congrats, Giancarlo - keep the music coming. I'd be up for a 5.1 mix of the instrumental tracks too.

Yes it's very curious that only our dvd-a and only on those specific models there's this anyway odd error!

Like others luckily it's just enough to skip to next track, and if you want PM me if you want but you cannot extract the MLP files to listen to them separately.

Yes music will keep coming for sure..we're doing plans at the moment for the next one :)

Thanks, Giancarlo - I can live with pressing "next" a few times!

Are you planning / are there already available surround versions of your earlier albums? I especially love Lightdark and A Sense of Loss, and having copies in MLP or a good DTS 5.1 mix would be great additions to the collection.

Hi all. First post - just to say I love the album! Very moving, powerful - and it sounds fabulous in the dark...

I do appear to have the issue that others have mentioned with the MLP 5.1 mix - 2 to 3 minutes of silence at the end of each track and weird slow down of the clock. I have an old Pioneer DV-565A player, which has never missed a beat with DVD-A or SACD software before now. The DTS 5.1 mix sounds *nearly* as good.

Many congrats, Giancarlo - keep the music coming. I'd be up for a 5.1 mix of the instrumental tracks too.

From a previous post I did "In the poll thread there has been some problems with playback on Oppo & Pioneer kit.
I've had no problems with Denon DBP-21012UD or a really old Pioneer DV-565A. "
Years ago I had to send the Pioneer back to get the firmware updated so that it would play the REM DVD-A discs, the machine is now at my brother's and played the Afterthoughts disc without any issues. I tried to dig about and find which firmware version it had but had no luck.

On Oppo 93 disc plays fine, but on my older players Samsung HD745 and HD950 same problems like other guys. You can not change tracks because the players freezes. The main menu is also strangely displayed.

This is a nice disc. Done as DVD-A is a plus. The songs are moody and melancholic, there is definitely a time and place for that.
I'm not that crazy about the surround mix, I think there are a couple of missed opportunities. For instance the echoes, that are used on a number of tracks. Never echoes from the back, which would have given a sense of largeness. That said, there are some "surround moments" as well, I guess it's also a matter of taste. Package top notch.

Finally ordered this one after being very impressed with what I heard on Spotify.
Can't wait to get this in so I can listen, review, and vote! :)

This is a beautiful album, well recorded and nicely mixed.

Truthfully my vote is a 9; I voted 10 because we had an arsonist vote a 1.

Ordered this today. It's been in my Amazon UK cart for ages. (Ordered it along with the Lori Lieberman Blu-ray Audio).

Think I'll be going to the Bilston gig. The Robin 2 is a great little venue.

Damn! ...we're away that day so we wont be going. Shame. :(

Back