Sharp GS-5730A Quadraphonic speakers

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motorazr

Picked up a Sharp Optonica GS 5730A unit with out speakers the other day for the right price (10.00), all the bits seem to work and am waiting on a new turntable belt.
To get it up and running can I add four of the same type of speakers to it or do they need to be a specific type?
The specs show fronts as 3 speaker bass reflex 20cm woofer 12cm squawker and 8cm tweeter 8ohm and the rears as 20cm full range. For the purpose of the exercise, to get some noise out of it,:rolleyes: any (polite) suggestions.

You should be OK with your idea as long as the speakers you use are 8 ohm impedence or higher.

Back in the day, the idea was floated that you didn't really need back speakers that were the same quality, sound-wise, as the fronts but I always thought that was bogus information and it's always better if all four speakers are the same.

So, hook 'em up and enjoy your quad rig!

And welcome.

Doug

Thanks for the quick response Doug. The next problem I have is connecting the front speakers, as they appear to require a set of double prong connectors tubular in shape. See number 8 in attached pic. Has anyone modded something similar or know what these are called? Can you still get them?

20130516_065918.jpg

Thanks for the quick response Doug. The next problem I have is connecting the front speakers, as they appear to require a set of double prong connectors tubular in shape. See number 8 in attached pic. Has anyone modded something similar or know what these are called? Can you still get them?

Hi Motorazr, the rear speakers on the SHARP GS-9200 have the same plugs. My shonky web 'research' suggested that Pye, Sharp, older Leslie organs used something similar? http://www.b3guys.com/2+Pin+Audio+Plug.html/product_id/256

Back