Sales on Multichannel SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Web retailer Elusive Disc is running a "pre-Memorial Day" sale that offers their extensive catalog of SACDs for 10% off.
There is also Free Shipping for orders over $99.

I know that the web retailers are usually "closed" over the Memorial Day holiday. So this may allow them to get a head start on orders.
In any case, a great deal - especially if you're in the market for some of the new Mobile Fidelity and Acoustic Sounds SACDs (The Doors,
Elvis, Nat King Cole, Yes, The Weavers in 3 Channel SACD, etc.) Or you want to pick up some of the SACD classics still available through Elusive Disc.

See http://www.elusivedisc.com/New-SACDs/products/978/ for a look !

I wish it was two weeks away but unfortunately it's next weekend. But anyway, one advantage of the Music Direct sale is you can order the Sly Stone title, since they think it's out already, while Elusive calls it a pre-order, which isn't eligible.

When I spoke to Acoustic Sounds yesterday the lady was certain that they would be having a Memorial Day sale too.

When I spoke to Acoustic Sounds yesterday the lady was certain that they would be having a Memorial Day sale too.

That wouldn't surprise me. For now, best to take advantage of the sales on now. No one says you have to limit your purchases to one store - or sale !

Music Direct has switched the Sly Stone over to a pre-order, so that blows my plans. I'll wait for the 4th of July sale.

Cupboy, is the Patsy Cline Greatest Hits SACD a stereo only disc? No multichannel tracks?

Yes, 2 Channel Stereo on the Patsy Cline Greatest Hits SACD.

Here's the write up from Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions:
================================================
Mastered at Sterling Sound direct from the 1/4-inch master tape. This was a straight transfer, bypassing the console altogether. There was no EQ of any kind. A true direct transfer. You're hearing the master tape!

In the late 1950s and the '60s, country music was essentially a singles medium. This album, first released in 1967, collects a dozen of Patsy Cline's biggest hits — all of them from the country singles market — including "Walkin' After Midnight," "Sweet Dreams (Of You)," "Crazy," and "I Fall to Pieces." Producer Owen Bradley surrounds Cline's full-throated, emotionally charged vocals with lush, sophisticated arrangements that set the standard for Nashville's "countrypolitan" sound. Before Shania Twain found a new (though not necessarily improved) way to combine country and pop in the 1990s, this was the top-selling country album of all time by a female artist.

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/86032/Patsy_Cline-Greatest_Hits-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

I really like the no EQ of any kind. I don't think EQ should be messed with except maybe by the end user if that is what he/she is into.

Music Direct is having a 10% off sale for Father's Day weekend. Use code DAD10. Is anyone finding these sales to be a bit too frequent and a bit annoying if you've placed an order a couple of days before it's announced?

Be sure to order the Patsy Cline SACD.

Just listened to the Patsy Cline Greatest Hits Hybrid Stereo SACD from Analogue Productions today. Another in their Sterling Sound remastered SACD series from Universal Music's catalog titles.
You are right - fans of country music and Patsy Cline will enjoy this one. Very well done.

Music Direct is having a 10% off sale for Father's Day weekend. Use code DAD10. Is anyone finding these sales to be a bit too frequent and a bit annoying if you've placed an order a couple of days before it's announced?

I've gotten to the point that, unless I'm desperate, I wait for the next 10% off sale before buying anything.
Save up, buy enough to ensure free shipping, and away I go.
At that point the price per disc ends up being close enough (in most cases) to what I'd pay at ImportCDs and things arrive quickly and very well packaged.

Besides Elusive (too many exclusions) does anyone else have a sale this weekend? How about Acoustic Sounds? I haven't gotten any e-mails.

Besides Elusive (too many exclusions) does anyone else have a sale this weekend? How about Acoustic Sounds? I haven't gotten any e-mails.

Yes:
  • Acoustic Sounds has a 10% Off Sale this weekend (excludes Digital Downloads that were 10% Off just before this weekend in a separate sale) - Savings Code = MEMORIALDAY
  • Music Direct also has a 10% Off Sale for Memorial Day - Savings Code = MEMORIAL

That's a good code. Thanks.

"10% Off All In-Stock Music. Offer good through Tuesday, May 27, 2014 at 11:59 p.m."

How about this weekend. Just Elusive? I need to get a couple of Doors SACDs.

Back