Amin Bhatia's Interstellar Suite in 5.1, 25th anniversary edition

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the BR several days ago, but have not received a confirmation from the site. I did receive Paypal notification of payment.

Is this the norm? Probably I'm concerned about nothing, but this seems unusual.

Steve

Yes it is, I got worried as well.

I ordered the BR several days ago, but have not received a confirmation from the site. I did receive Paypal notification of payment.

Is this the norm? Probably I'm concerned about nothing, but this seems unusual.

Steve

I sent a contact email to the site, and got a very pleasant note telling my my copy is shipping today. I pointed them to the QQ thread that is generating so much interest.

Here's the text:

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your note.

As a matter of fact, your order will be shipped today. We've had a sudden influx of orders and are working at meeting that demand as fast as we can.

We're curious how it is that you came to order Interstellar Suite. How did you hear about it?

Arlene Bishop
Composer Wrangler to Amin Bhatia

Interesting, no?

Yes it is, I got worried as well.

EVERY surround fan should order this! (Even if you're not into the synthesizer music, the sound effects/soundscape alone is worth it... it's like taking a trip into space(y)(y)(y))

I got the following email as well:

"Thank you for requesting The Interstellar Suite. It's great to hear from you.

We've received an unusual number of requests and are preparing packages to be sent over the next few days.

I'll send another note once the shipment has been sent.

Thank you again."

This must be completely as a result of the people from here ordering this thing.

peter

I purchased the 24/96 Flac download from High Res Audio. Using Cirlinca, I burned to BDR with an accompanying slide show of the Top 100 Hubble Telescope photos. Interstellar indeed! Spectacular surround mix and dynamic range - a must have for any surround lover.

I got an email saying it had been posted after mine had arrived! I sent them an email to confirm it had arrived and mentioned QQ.

Thanks, Duncan.

I'm glad you received it so quickly! *The mail service is so unpredictable that I never imagine a package will get anywhere faster than I hope.

Thanks for the information about the forum, it sounds very cool. *Amin is hoping to find some time somewhere in his overlapping deadlines to join the forum and thank everyone.

I'm glad you have the whole set now!

The Crew
Interstellar Suite

I'm rarely 100% certain my surround system is set up optimally. Unsure it's reaching its ultimate potential. As I listen to various music I may hear weak dynamics, weak or excessive bass, odd mixes that just don't sound right, etc.

Then along comes a title that makes me sit up and say: Damn this sounds fantastic!

Bhatia's Interstellar Suite is such a title.

Get this while you can.
------
P.S. Extreme dynamics present. Play loud but be mindful of peak loads on your system.

I'm rarely 100% certain my surround system is set up optimally. Unsure it's reaching its ultimate potential. As I listen to various music I may hear weak dynamics, weak or excessive bass, odd mixes that just don't sound right, etc.

Then along comes a title that makes me sit up and say: Damn this sounds fantastic!

Bhatia's Interstellar Suite is such a title.

Get this while you can.
------
P.S. Extreme dynamics present. Play loud but be mindful of peak loads on your system.

I often feel the exact same way. Relentlessly tinkering on some sub-par titles. I can hardly wait to receive this one now!

I will have to echo what some others have said, order this disk as its a very fun discreet mix that was tailor made for a outer space movie soundtrack.

Those of you who have this were not kidding, this thing has some effects to go along with the music that will have you duck for cover and made me almost fall out of my seat a few times, very cool.

peter

Now you got me. I couldn't help but ordering it after all that accolades I was hearing here. Now I really can't wait to listen to this stuff. I really dig artists like Tangerine Dream, Klaus Schulze and Jean mIchelle Jarre, so I hope this will be in any form reminding me of these musicians...

If you are "sitting-on-the-fence" I would strongly recommend buying it now whilst you still can (Clint would approve of spending the money! :) :upthumb), we may not be able to purchase it for much longer.
I wouldn't often describe a piece of music mixed in surround as cinematic, but this is :51banana:.

JUST BUY IT!

The BEST $30 you've ever spent on a surround disc.

http://aminbhatia.com/is25mayday/#IS25PYPL

I've had the email saying that they have had an unusual number of requests and are preparing packages...please hold tight.

That was on October 5th. Anyone got an idea of how long the wait is? I'm getting impatient with all these positive comments.

I got that same email on Oct 5th, and I received my order last Thursday...and it's very good! I hope you get your order soon.

I've had the email saying that they have had an unusual number of requests and are preparing packages...please hold tight.

That was on October 5th. Anyone got an idea of how long the wait is? I'm getting impatient with all these positive comments.

If you are "sitting-on-the-fence" I would strongly recommend buying it now whilst you still can (Clint would approve of spending the money! :) :upthumb), we may not be able to purchase it for much longer.
I wouldn't often describe a piece of music mixed in surround as cinematic, but this is :51banana:.

Wow. Just Wow. Because of this forum Bhatia Music has seen a huge spike in sales. Thank you all so much for your kind words and I’m so glad you’re enjoying the music.

As you may know (from the documentary video on the disc) this was a labour of love many years ago and at the time because of label problems there was very little success in the initial release. But over the years synth fans then drum corp groups and now surround sound experts are all getting the word out. For me it’s quite a joy to see that the musical and sonic messages were well received.

The reason for the "mayday" campaign is that right now this release is being re-negotiated with Universal and things are going very slow. Its not promo hype about the end date. We just don't know what and when the new distribution terms will be. So in the meantime keep spreading the word and enjoy shaking your home with the music and the sound effects, lol. (At this rate maybe we’ll do my other album Virtuality in surround too.)

Thank you all again.

Amin Bhatia
http://aminbhatia.com/is25mayday/

Wow. Just Wow. Because of this forum Bhatia Music has seen a huge spike in sales. Thank you all so much for your kind words and I’m so glad you’re enjoying the music.

As you may know (from the documentary video on the disc) this was a labour of love many years ago and at the time because of label problems there was very little success in the initial release. But over the years synth fans then drum corp groups and now surround sound experts are all getting the word out. For me it’s quite a joy to see that the musical and sonic messages were well received.

The reason for the "mayday" campaign is that right now this release is being re-negotiated with Universal and things are going very slow. Its not promo hype about the end date. We just don't know what and when the new distribution terms will be. So in the meantime keep spreading the word and enjoy shaking your home with the music and the sound effects, lol. (At this rate maybe we’ll do my other album Virtuality in surround too.)

Thank you all again.

Amin Bhatia
http://aminbhatia.com/is25mayday/

And thank YOU for a spectacular release. And so happy to hear your other album Virtuality will likewise receive a surround release. Cannot Wait!:banana:

I listened to this last night. Wow, it really does sound good! A ton of dynamic range. I nearly jumped out of my chair a few times!

One thing that disappointed me though was that the Bluray contained lossy DTS. I guess I mistakenly assumed the bluray would include some sort of lossless format like 5.1 PCM or DTS-MA. But no, it is only DTS or DD just like the DVD. It sure does sound good, so the DTS is encoded well, but I can't help but wonder what it would sound like lossless. Those who have downloaded the 5.1 flac would know I guess. Has anyone done a comparison?

Amin, I would love to hear any other music you have mixed into 5.1!! Please include a lossless format on your next bluray though. PCM is fine, if the DTS-MA licensing is too expensive. The bluray should have sufficient capacity for 5.1 PCM.

It sure does sound good, so the DTS is encoded well, but I can't help but wonder what it would sound like lossless. Those who have downloaded the 5.1 flac would know I guess. Has anyone done a comparison?

I can't hear any difference (y)

Back