Yes - Close to the Edge 5.1 DVD-A/BluRay in October

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YES update: No update about "somethings coming" on YES - Facebook, even though it is already Thursday into "next week".

I saw a suggestion that this "something's coming" may relate to an upcoming boxset of Yes Rhino studio albums. If that's the case - WOW (I'm being sarcastic!). How disappointing would that be, unless of course its a boxset of 5.1 studio albums (like Genesis), but I would doubt that :mad:@:

I saw a suggestion that this "something's coming" may relate to an upcoming boxset of Yes Rhino studio albums. If that's the case - WOW (I'm being sarcastic!). How disappointing would that be, unless of course its a boxset of 5.1 studio albums (like Genesis), but I would doubt that :mad:@:

Precisely.

The reviews of the SACD Boset are that they sound horrible. It would have been an enormous amount of work to dig up all the true second generation 2.0 masters since the boxest has ALL the albums. So its highly likely that some cutting masters(for vinyl) were used or at best, the same old tapes that were used for the various "remasters" through the years.
The Tales From Topographic Oceans SACD uses the truncated version of RSOG so that for sure is not an early generation master. I suppose Rhino could release that SACD mess in the USA/UK. But on the good side: YES always have lots of interesting & fun promotions going on, so the "something's coming" could really be anything.

Could one of our insiders give an explaination on when the announcement for the next SW/NW mix would likely be given? At commercial release of CTTE 5.1?

Precisely.

The reviews of the SACD Boxset are that they sound horrible.

I've seen some good, some bad. But really, why bother at this point? I expect the classic albums will all be getting remixes /remasters a la CttE soon.

It would have been an enormous amount of work to dig up all the true second generation 2.0 masters since the boxest has ALL the albums. So its highly likely that some cutting masters(for vinyl) were used or at best, the same old tapes that were used for the various "remasters" through the years.
The Tales From Topographic Oceans SACD uses the truncated version of RSOG so that for sure is not an early generation master. I suppose Rhino could release that SACD mess in the USA/UK. But on the good side: YES always have lots of interesting & fun promotions going on, so the "something's coming" could really be anything.

The old Japanese HDCD of Tales is the best sounding version I own, and that's the 'truncated' ( which I prefer anyway, the 'ocean' intro on the extended version adds nothing, IMO)

Sure, but I think the most of us have them all. :smokin

I agree. I think most Yes fans would have all of the Rhino cds with extra tracks, that this boxset seems to consist of. I can only see this set being attractive to new/casual Yes fans, in which case I don't understand the fanfare of a mysterious announcement on the Yes facebook page.

I agree. I think most Yes fans would have all of the Rhino cds with extra tracks, that this boxset seems to consist of. I can only see this set being attractive to new/casual Yes fans, in which case I don't understand the fanfare of a mysterious announcement on the Yes facebook page.

I always ask myself why they release such sets.
For the young generation, where their parents have all releases? :rolleyes:

Did you check your order history? My order history shows the new dates, but the general item description does not.

Yep
In the list of open orders it shows: DELIVERY ESTIMATE We need a little more time to provide you with a good estimate. We'll notify you via e-mail as soon as we have an estimated delivery date.
Then when I click on the order number it shows: Shipment #1: Not Yet Shipped We'll notify you via e-mail when we have an estimated delivery date. You can cancel at any time.
Thanks

Back