Quad LP/Tape Poll Beck, Jeff: Blow By Blow [SQ/Q8]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate "Blow By Blow"

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 5: Mediocrity Central

• 1: Sux

• Total voters

EMB

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Epic PEQ 33409 from 1975.

Side 1:

You Know What I Mean
She's a Woman
Constipated Duck
Air Blower
Scatterbrain

Side 2:

Cause We've Ended as Lovers
Thelonious
Freeway Jam
Diamond Dust

Beck Blow By SQ A.jpg

ED :)

10. I wasn't expecting much when I picked this up as a new release. It's a WOW!! One of my fave SQ's. Fantastic music, virtually all instrumental, and a superb quad mix. I prefer the SACD 5.1 for it's discreteness and advanced res. I've owned this on SQ, 1/2 speed LP, CD and SACD 5.1. You're a fool if you don't own this.

One of Beck's best and the mix more than matches his inspiration (some of WIRED is equal in quality, some ain't). A '9.' Good that this came out on SACD, a pity others did not.

10. I've been a huge fan of this album since it was new but never acquired or heard it in quad until recently. The imaging of the guitar tracks gives this a whole new dimension.
Why did I wait so long to get it in quad?

10. I've been a huge fan of this album since it was new but never acquired or heard it in quad until recently. The imaging of the guitar tracks gives this a whole new dimension.
Why did I wait so long to get it in quad?

The sacd is quad also-I understand it's a straight transfer

One of Beck's best and the mix more than matches his inspiration (some of WIRED is equal in quality, some ain't). A '9.' Good that this came out on SACD, a pity others did not.

Wired is cool! Love Jan hammer band. saw JB once live and I was deeply disappointed as then there were no stage effects, he showed himself to be a great studio artist, but the Hammer band who opened and played with him, was much better.

I'm pleased to report that I saw JB live on 10/30/13 in Milwaukee. He was spectacular. Brian Wilson was also on the bill. If you get a chance to see JB, don't miss him.

I saw him after the release of BxB, and it was-1976? After seeing the video done in London, I see the effects issue has long been resolved in live performance. When I saw him, The hammer band had me mesmerized, I was really enjoying them, then JB came out and burst my bubble. Perhaps it was a bad night also.

It's mentioned on another forum that this Blow by Blow is 5.1 rather than the quad mix.

It's mentioned on another forum that this Blow by Blow is 5.1 rather than the quad mix.

crikey.. they've actually gone back to the multi's and remixed it into 5.1? curious as to how that'd pan out, JB in centre? JB across all three fronts? JB still in rear L/R with the rhythm sec'n across front?

bit of a shame it's the "same old, same old".. though don't get me wrong, I love BxB and the Quad is showcase stuff.. and if this is in a new surround remix I may even get it.. but "Wired" could do with a remix or even just the old Quad reissuing.. and I'd rather see that instead.

There's this discussion over at sa-cd.net..

http://www.sa-cd.net/showthread/112384//y?page=first

(some plonker fred blathering on about how Wired in Hi-Rez Quad would be preferable to BxB all over again..!)

..then someone wades in with an Engrish tlansration of blurb from a seller's site.. which mentions 5.1.. but it's not clear to me as to what the hell all that means, as I talk a different form of gibberish! :D

(some plonker fred blathering on about how Wired in Hi-Rez Quad would be preferable to BxB all over again..!)

..then someone wades in with an Engrish tlansration of blurb from a seller's site.. which mentions 5.1.. but it's not clear to me as to what the hell all that means, as I talk a different form of gibberish! :D

Yeah - A saw that one and noted the Wired quad rant...:D

The translation is taken straight from Google Translate....

Yeah - A saw that one and noted the Wired quad rant...:D

The translation is taken straight from Google Translate....

well.. y'know, I'm often found fighting Quads' corner in all sorts of places! :p

ah, that would explain the nigh-on unintelligible product description in that thread..!! :D

Would be nice to have an official WIRED--or any Epic Beck, for that matter beyond BLOW BY BLOW--but if there's a remix coming, I'm in.

It's multi-board. So if you get bored with it you can put up a fence with the materials.

The original SACD was 5.1 however it was the quad mix with a "fake" center channel and LFE created from the quad mix

I second a remix of "Wired" over "BBB". I don't think they'd reissue the "Wired"quad mix though. That mix is a little strange in places.

Back