Madonna - American Life

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
I don't know if it's Q-Sound, it's not marked as such, but I bought this new Madonna CD on a whim (I haven't bought one of her CDs in a L-O-N-G time.

Anyway, in my car, with no decoder of any sort, the title song not only envelopes you, there are parts that leap all over the car.

I was stunned! This is a modern type of song, and I actually like it, although many reviewers don't. But wow, I will have to try this on my QRX-999 when I can.

Anyone else hear this>?

:-jon

Wow, Jon, you bought a Madonna disc and you admitted to it in a public forum? You're a braver man than I! :p

Seriously, I've been thinking about picking up "The Ultimate Collection" since I know it was produced using Q-Sound. I haven't heard anything about "American Life" though.

Wow, Jon, you bought a Madonna disc and you admitted to it in a public forum? You're a braver man than I! :p

Seriously, I've been thinking about picking up "The Ultimate Collection" since I know it was produced using Q-Sound. I haven't heard anything about "American Life" though.

I don't think Q Sound was used past 92/93. So I doubt "American Life - 2003" would have been mixed in Q Sound. Immaculate Collection - def Q Sound. Although, I do believe that no matter what your opinion is of the artistic merit of Madonna's Music (I'm a die hard fan but certainly know that she's not everyone's cup of tea), you can't deny the production value & technical perfection she & her producers put into her albums. So I don't doubt that the mastering was such that the sounds are all over the soundfield.

Oh, I forgot to mention, the DTS upmix of "The Immaculate Collection" is worth seeking out. I'm still on the fence when it comes to the DTS upmix of GHV2.

Back