INVOLVE - COMING NEW TECHNOLOGY

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chucky3042

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Hi all

We are pedaling in the background working on a bundle of new things. Sales of the Surround Master into the consumer market has been poor and we have found that the major stores are not really interested in a new "add on" accessory from a bunch of colonial unknowns located in the arse end of the world. In short the product requires some consumer education that the shops are unwilling to do. Bugger!

Undaunted we then asked what the "great unwashed" consumer market does understand and it turns out they like a complete "one stop shop " approach where they buy a box that goes between their source/s and speakers and out pops surround sound where the user never has to worry about what surround setting is best - just connect to stereo and let Involve take care of things. Use your existing speakers.

Well here is the early pre proto look at what our new add on woofer (dual 8 inch)/ 6 channel class D/ pre amp/ Involve decoder looks like. Please note the rear control board has not arrived from the metal worker yet and is a paper stick on. On the woofer is no chump - its the same as we used in the Nakamichi Dragon electrostatic hybrid - really flat to 24 Hz.

We are also working on a non sub woofer version- will preview shortly.

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• Woofer-proto-3.jpg
    Woofer-proto-3.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 1,060
  • 20130709_123426_resize.jpg
    20130709_123426_resize.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 1,065
  • 20130709_123149_resize.jpg
    20130709_123149_resize.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 1,064
  • 20130709_123256_resize.jpg
    20130709_123256_resize.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 1,070
  • 20130709_123334_resize.jpg
    20130709_123334_resize.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 1,063
Yeah, gotta give the masses a HTIAB. Understandable. I like the styling. I think what you guys need is a good marketing campaign. I think not being able to afford the marketing to reach the masses is why the little guys sell out so often.

Has anyone tried to talk up the 'Surround Master' at other forums, like SHF, AVS, Sound and Vision, etc?

Jon, I placed a very positive review of this unit over at AVS, in the "surround " section. I attempted to place some comments elsewhere, but was told by a moderator that the unit did not have the proper inputs to qualify for the particular issue at hand. I had to agree with the letter of their law, but only from a theoretical viewpoint, not from the standpoint of "surround sound", and the great pleasure derived from a unit that does what 95% of the algorithms out there on $5,000 to $10,000 don't do!
Dwight

I'd like to see Involve build/sell a home theater pre-pro, or collaborate with another company to include Involve SQ, QS, and stereo upconversion processing in their products.

If someone would make a home theater pre/pro with HDMI 1.4, Audyssey MultEQ XT32, and Involve Surround Master SQ Edition functions, there would be holes burning in my pockets...

Hi Robert and Sfactor23

thanks for the question, things have been quiet (too quiet) on the forum recently!

We are silently working hard in the background on multiple projects and all look like they will "pop out" toward the end of this year. The real bottleneck is Dave (Overture) who is too easily distracted by facebook and dressing up for geek events. But here goes:

1 The pre amp/ encoder / decoder is fully designed and we are awaiting the printed circuit boards and mechanical bits before prototype testing- looking good at this stage.

2 We are completing our development work on our new electrostatic panels (wide dispersion and sensitivity of 92 dB /W) and 5 mm thick! Looking very good and we have worked out a way to drive a stereo set to say 110 db driven by a small plug pack.

3 Our new prototype "Total Perspective" mini electrostatic bookshelf speaker will be on public show at Swinburne University on 22 November in their design showcase. Swinburne have done some stunning design work for us, the 3D pdf will not load for you guys to view.

4 Dave (Overture) is testing our new Total perspective signal processor board for use with the TP electrostatic speakers.

5 Dave is designing our new all in one bookshelf electrostatic panel integrated amplifier unit with Involve surround decoding, Bluetooth, remote control. Target price is RRP $690 - $990 for the fronts and $500 for the rears.

6 Working on our dual 5.5 inch subwoofer – stunning performance

7 Working on the dual 8 inch add on woofer with integral 5.1 channel 100 W amplifiers/ pre amp and Involve decoder. Needed to design another interface board to reduce internal wiring to zero – awaiting parts.

8 Entering final stage of development of our new “concentric bipole” cone based speaker system – they sound like electrostatics! Waiting for a few mechanical mounting bits.

9 Awaiting a few components to complete our cone based Total Perspective cone based speaker system

10 We are Incorporating Involve decoding technology and electrostatic panels in LCD large screen TV’s for a brand you guys would remember of the past – it’s a bit secret!!! This will be a world first.

I will take some pictures of our new electrostatic array and publish the first pictures to this forum hopefully on Monday.

We have the last two sets in the world of our Nakamichi Dragon electrostatic speakers for sale at the moment (we designed them) see attached picture and for some background story go to:

http://www.stereo.net.au/forums/index.php?/topic/44690-this-speaker-deserves
-fame-and-fortune-nakamichi-dragon-electrostatic/

Apart from that all is quiet…….too quiet.

Regards

Chucky

so, Chucky, it looks like you guys you are just sitting around and not doing much, hanging out and drinking beer
:)
seriously, it sounds like you guys have some exciting stuff going on, can't wait to see the final products - keep us in the loop!
Thanks
sam

I've never heard an electrostatic speaker - If I had the money I would buy some from you since, from what I've read about them over the years, is that they are the most accurate signal transducers you can get - their only drawback is they need to be coupled with some serious subs to have full range 20-20 response. But that's no big deal considering the low cost of very good subs nowadays. I just wish I could find a sub that could duplicate the effect of SENSURROUND. But horn-loaded corner speakers with bat wing extenders are not home theater room friendly.

Hi All

Here are first pictures of our new mini (100mm X 250 mm) and 5 mm thick electrostatic speaker panels. We will make them in many sizes. This little one is useful down to 250 Hz and is to be used in our Total Perspective public demonstration on 22 November at Swinburne University Melbourne.

Note the getting more hair version of Overture (Dave) holding the panels.

Kits of the panels will shortly be available through www.eraudio.com.au where you can read about other stuff Rob McKinlay and myself have been up to.

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• IMAG0250.jpg
    IMAG0250.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 814
  • IMAG0251.jpg
    IMAG0251.jpg
    65.4 KB · Views: 808
  • IMAG0254.jpg
    IMAG0254.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 804
And now.....

Total Perspective is coming!

Today Overture (David ) succeeded in powering up our new Total Perspective controller and just got this render of the new TP bookshelf size electrostatic speakers using the previously mentioned panels.

Personally I like the look of them. Check out Dwights observations on Total Perspective.

We are busy boys.

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• Close Perspective_Pine_Black Gloss_1_1.jpg
    Close Perspective_Pine_Black Gloss_1_1.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 756
Dear All

Please find attached an mp3 file of a Melbourne ABC radio interview this morning with Chris Coller the student team leader of "acoustic edge" for Swinburne University who we contracted to improve the looks, do a market study, prepare business models of our new Total Perspective speaker technology (see previous picture).

I think Chris was a bit nervous as the bastard did not even mention Involve Audio and we gave him specific instruction to mention how good looking Dave and myself are.

The interviewer was with Red Symons who in the early 70's was the lead guitarist for a very big Australian band called "The Skyhooks", actually they were far better that the popular later crap from groups like INXS, Little river band, air supply (puke). For an example check out this youtube link, Red Symons is the one in Red!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7l8rlnMpCI

Our Total perspective technology will go on show tomorrow at Swinburne University Melbourne (both Dave and I graduated their) and in a more pubic exhibition in early December.

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• interview abc.mp3
    2.5 MB · Views: 220
Hi Inkubuzz

That's a good but hard to precisely answer question at the moment as we are still finalizing the final product concept but here goes:

The photo of the speaker supplied is the smallest practical size - based on an aperture of 80 X 220 mm but there will be several sizes larger, the size determines the sensitivity and bottom cut off frequency. This little panel is good to say 200 Hz, larger ones will be good down to 100 Hz.

The concept of this new "Total Perspective " system is that the speakers will be driven by a separate module we supply that has a front and rear modules. The front unit will have 4 X 100 watt class D amplifiers, preamp/LCD display/ remote control, Involve decoder, Total Perspective processor and Bluetooth transmitter. RRP say around $2000

The rear drive module will have 4 X 100W class D amplifiers, Total perspective processor and Bluetooth receiver. RRP say around $1000

We are also developing a more basic stereo Total Perspective system with no surround decoding for less than $1000.

Things are still in the air and I am driving David (Overture) to beyond the point of insanity (as shown by recent pictures). We are hoping all will be ready for launch in April 2014.

I welcome any suggestions and comments from QQ members - we have not released any information as yet to other forums.

Regards

chucky

Hey Chucky -
Dumb question: would these speakers be appropriate as desktop computer speakers (like Magnepan's Mini Maggies)?

Back