INVOLVE - COMING NEW TECHNOLOGY

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Chucky,

thank you for the prompt anwer. When we do the improvement, the Involve decoder shoudl be a showpiece with together a real hifi-surround. May be with a red LED for working in SQ and a green in QS.

Regards

Dietrich

Hi Chucky,

thank you for the prompt anwer. When we do the improvement, the Involve decoder shoudl be a showpiece with together a real hifi-surround. May be with a red LED for working in SQ and a green in QS.

Regards

Dietrich

Hi Dietrich

When you have done the job send me a photo for our warranty records.

Regards

Chucky

Hello QA.

Maybe while you're at it you can check if there is a simple way to add a pot to the inputs in order to optimize the A/D conversion.

Mucho good luck with your project.

Hi

If you do that I recommend 10k log TO THE OUTPUTS.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Chucky,

thank you for the answer for an rebuilt of the Involve Cabinet. If we have done this, you will get of course informations.

Regards

Dietrich

Chucky, I have a big Hum problem with my SM. I've bought a new Dac a few days ago... when I connected it, don't know if my rca plugs were too tightened before, as I had to draw hard to put them out, then push the same way to connect the Dac, but I have a monster ground loop now, and it seems to come from the rca inputs of the SM (tried every single cable/connection to find the culprit).

I will try to connect directly my system without the SM tomorrow, but I'm quite sure the cause of the hum is the white rca plug of the SM...I believe it's not really bad, but don't really want to ship back my beloved SM to Australia for guarantee...

I know an electrician who could certainly cure it, removing the cabinet as you tell it above...Did you have seen the same problem yet ?

Hi Yucca

This is a first time problem. I agree - get a good Technician to open the thing and look for some broken tracks near the RCA's. Keep me informed!

Regards

Chucky

Chucky, I have a big Hum problem with my SM. I've bought a new Dac a few days ago... when I connected it, don't know if my rca plugs were too tightened before, as I had to draw hard to put them out, then push the same way to connect the Dac, but I have a monster ground loop now, and it seems to come from the rca inputs of the SM (tried every single cable/connection to find the culprit).

I will try to connect directly my system without the SM tomorrow, but I'm quite sure the cause of the hum is the white rca plug of the SM...I believe it's not really bad, but don't really want to ship back my beloved SM to Australia for guarantee...

I know an electrician who could certainly cure it, removing the cabinet as you tell it above...Did you have seen the same problem yet ?

Hi All

Just a note, we have established a USA based marketing headquarters in Eugine Oregon and a new USA website that is more up to date than the usual one. For your light entertainment please visit:

http://www.involveaudiousa.com/

Things are still changing by the minute so be patient.

Our Indigogo campaign has been delayed a bit till mid next week and the emphisis has changed towards lower cost stuff. I promise to offer existing QQ forum members that have already purchased Surround Masters so really special discountS and I will advise shortly.

Regards

Chucky

Hello and sorry :mad:

The culprit wasn't the SM, but 2 symetrisor boxes I have to get a balanced signal from the SM to my active speakers. I replaced the boxes with a rca/xlr cable and the problem is solved :banana:

Just think maybe to space a little bit the connectors on your future SM batch or preamp, because I get also sometimes a ground loop because of rya connectors touching each others...

The culprit wasn't the SM, but 2 symetrisor boxes I have to get a balanced signal from the SM to my active speakers. I replaced the boxes with a rca/xlr cable and the problem is solved

I was curious what the outcome of your situation would be because I have an odd one myself. I have a TC760-LC phono preamp that's cheap but well-reviewed. It's even better when I hook it up via a different power supply than the stock one. And it's not some subtle thing in my imagination, I mean that the fancier power supply completely eliminates any and all hum, which can be a problem with my not-so-expensive 78 turntable. The strange thing is that when I try to run the pre-amp into the SM while the pre-amp is powered by the better supply...silence. No hum or crackle or anything, just silence. If I connect the phono pre-amp back to the stock power supply, it works great.

The fancier power supply is what we in the US call "three prong" while the stock supply is not. While I'd hardly be surprised if there's some godawful wiring problem just waiting to burn my house down, it's odd to me that it only presents itself with the SM.

I'm not really looking for an answer from Involve here because I seriously doubt the problem lies with them, I just thought I'd mention it just in case it rings a bell with anyone else.

Hi Yucca

Well done .......and agreed!

Regards

Chucky

Hello and sorry :mad:

The culprit wasn't the SM, but 2 symetrisor boxes I have to get a balanced signal from the SM to my active speakers. I replaced the boxes with a rca/xlr cable and the problem is solved :banana:

Just think maybe to space a little bit the connectors on your future SM batch or preamp, because I get also sometimes a ground loop because of rya connectors touching each others...

Hi Chucky,

I've been musing, not necessarily a good thing! With regards the forthcoming "audiophile" Decoder/ preamp with QS/ INVOLVE and SQ, will it could it have an HDMI I/p as well as an output? The reason is I'm thinking about digitising the hard to get/rare SQ vinyl, storing the files on a NAS drive, then hooking up an Intel NUC media server with HDMI out (no analogue). If I then fed that through your proposed Decoder I wouldn't need to burn to disc for playback.

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Duncan

At the moment we are working on the HDMI, it as 3 inputs and one output. Still not working- bit of a head ache really. Personally I would prefer to use one of the many adapters available vis China- and avoid the $15k license fees but my marketing types insist I am deluded.

Just another word for all- we are delayed on our Indiegogo campaign as we are restructuring it for emphasis on Surround Master sales as we are reliably informed that high $ items will fail on such a campaign. Well happen shortly.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Chucky,

I've been musing, not necessarily a good thing! With regards the forthcoming "audiophile" Decoder/ preamp with QS/ INVOLVE and SQ, will it could it have an HDMI I/p as well as an output? The reason is I'm thinking about digitising the hard to get/rare SQ vinyl, storing the files on a NAS drive, then hooking up an Intel NUC media server with HDMI out (no analogue). If I then fed that through your proposed Decoder I wouldn't need to burn to disc for playback.

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Chucky,

That's good to know, your new decoder is looking more and more like nirvana to me. :banana:

I'm often prone to argue with marketing! I'd agree with you, get a module, save the development time, and the $15k licence fees which will just reduce your profit margin or push the cost up.

Will you try and get crowd source funding for the new unit then?

Cheers

Duncan

Hi DuncanS

I will pass on your feedback. We are not seeking crowd funding on the "audiophile" surround preamp as it is not a mass market thing- more a passion.

Please note we will have the Pro encoder/ decoders available in about 2 weeks time, expressions of interest for those who want to be first would be appreciated as we have only made 20 for the first run.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Chucky,

That's good to know, your new decoder is looking more and more like nirvana to me. :banana:

I'm often prone to argue with marketing! I'd agree with you, get a module, save the development time, and the $15k licence fees which will just reduce your profit margin or push the cost up.

Will you try and get crowd source funding for the new unit then?

Cheers

Duncan

Hi Yucca

Sorry about the delayed response - I am easily distracted. The full cost of the Pro studio encoder / decoder is $4,995 that includes a life time license to sell material encoded in Involve format. As an introductory offer for the next 2 months we are including in that price a full Y4 surround sound system that includes our electrostatiuc panels, Involve decode and our SST (Sweet Spot Technology- formally called Total Perspective). This system is anticipated to have a RRP somewhere between $2k - $3K.

(here is a summary from our soon to be started USA website)

INVOLVE FORMAT STUDIO ENCODER

The Involve Audio studio encoder is designed so the recording engineer can precisely record 4 or 5 channels into a fully compatible stereo format that is completely indistinguishable from standard stereo.

The process is an analogue process implemented with digital DSP processing and is completely lossless and produces a stereo output of two analogue channels. The Involve surround encoded file can be played on Ipod, radio, TV, CD’s, DVD’s and cable TV with no loss in fidelity, and no apparent loss in channel separation.

The resultant processed and recorded surround format is completely unaffected by file compression techniques and in no way changes the fidelity of the recording when played back in stereo or surround. If you put compressed audio in you will still get the same compressed sound out.

HOW DOES THE INVOLVE FORMAT STUDIO ENCODER WORK?

The patent pending Involve Studio Encoder is the world’s first actively adaptive tri band fully balanced matrix encoder. Many previous attempts have been made to effectively mix 4 or 5 channels into stereo using phase shift techniques but have always suffered in either not producing good surround channel separation or producing a compressed stereo image. Additionally most previous techniques failed to produce a decoded surround sound that was completely even, with no bias of front/ back/ left/ right channels.

Involve format recording solves all of these problems and produces a real circular sound field when played back with an Involve decoder.

Unlike all other matrix encode techniques, Involve uses 3 separate bands of encode with the matrix encode mathematics dynamically variable to suit the recording conditions. The processing senses the type of music being recorded and detects if surround content is present and its relationship to the frontal content and adjusts the recording matrix to suit the instantaneous recording requirement.

Involve format recording uses extensive modelling of human listening perception and several factors are incorporated into the application of the variable matrix equations. These dynamic adjustments are all designed to ensure both the stereo and surround listener are blissfully unaware of any changes to the original recording.

FEATURES

INVOLVE ENCODER:

XLR 5 channel recording inputs
XLR stereo encoded stereo outputs
RCA stereo encoded output

INVOLVE DECODER/ preamplifier:

RCA inputs – Aux 1, 2, 3, 4
Individual channel level adjustment
Remote control – including bass/ treble/ input channel/ volume
Decodes – Involve, Dolby PL 1 and 2, QS, EV4, Qsound, Ambisonics, Dummy head recording

ADVANTAGES

- Surround encoded Involve stereo is indistinguishable from stereo when played on stereo equipment

- Involve format can be partially decoded by Dolby and other decoders

- Involve format can be broadcast on radio, TV, Cable, Internet and converted into any compressed format

- All old multi track recordings can be re released with “hidden surround”
- Full movies can be sent with full surround over compressed media
- No recording license fees after purchase of Involve encoder – commercial license is included in the hardware price.

DISADVANTAGES

There are none that we are aware of apart from the initial cost of purchase

Fully isolated and floating encode inputs/ outputs
Input Level 3.5 Vrms
Output Level 3.5 V rms
Input Impedance 10 KOhms
Encode/ decode distortion Better than 1%
Frequency Response (All surround modes) 20 Hz – 20KHz 1db
Stereo analog output level 3.5 Vrms
Slew Rate 9V per microsecond
Signal to noise ratio Greater than 90 dB
Encode/ decode channel separation 35 – 40 dB
Warranty 3 Year Limited Warranty

Hope that clarifies the unit

Regards

Chucky

Could you remind the price and post exact specifications ?

"Decodes – Involve, Dolby PL 1 and 2, QS, EV4, Qsound, Ambisonics, Dummy head recording"

I have been following your threads with great interest since i first heard that you had released a new SQ, basically so i could replace my aging Tate. But it's become obvious that all may not be quite right, i see there's still no reply to the issue that was brought up.

But now isee your stating this unit of yours decodes everything. Ambisonics? So it had a B-Format decoder in it as well. And EV-4? Somehow this just looks wrong.

Hi

Actually all is good, so far we have had 2 customers who have pointed out that ON VINYL recordings there is more front/ rear leakage than the Tate (on correctly recorded stuff we decode better than the Tate). We have been exceedingly busy developing our newer systems and things have taken longer than expected. David (Overture) has started reviewing the SQ decode this week and with a bit of luck may shortly come to a conclusion (unless other work will get in the way- in which case it will be another month delay).

I have not gone quiet on this issue and I have given my word to you guys.

We do an imperfect by really good decode of Ambisonics, definitely dummy head, do Dolby better than they do and the rest absolutely better (not just my words- read the reviews). Hard to be modest when you are telling the truth!

Regards

Chucky

"Decodes – Involve, Dolby PL 1 and 2, QS, EV4, Qsound, Ambisonics, Dummy head recording"

I have been following your threads with great interest since i first heard that you had released a new SQ, basically so i could replace my aging Tate. But it's become obvious that all may not be quite right, i see there's still no reply to the issue that was brought up.

But now isee your stating this unit of yours decodes everything. Ambisonics? So it had a B-Format decoder in it as well. And EV-4? Somehow this just looks wrong.

Hello Chucky,

I´ve been using the Surround Master for more than a year and am very happy with the sonic results. What disturbed me though was the cheapo plastic case and problems hooking up the decoder with the rest of my gear due to the lack of an HDMI output. If you manage to pack all your tech into a metal case with universal outputs - I´m on board!
Keep up the high spirits.
Cheers
Charles

Back