INVOLVE - COMING NEW TECHNOLOGY

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Also a major issue with HDMI is the video signal is implied to be active - if you are just doing an audio application you need to dummy it to believing a video is present. OK its a nice idea to get rid of a bunch of RCA' s and RGB cables but surely a new connector could have been designed along the lines of the old European DIN idea. Yes they were too fiddly to assemble, but something more friendly.

Regards

chucky

Hi Chucky, how did the exhibit go?

Hi Robert

Well we got there all built and tested after a few "all nighters" - quite relaxed by our standards. Most of the systems were fully functional but we secretly had to "fake" a few things for the public. The wireless front rear system had a known bug due to a PCB track stuff up (too hard to fix for the show), The built in Surround Master had a noise issue (in rear only- dunno, looking at that one today) so we dummied that up with a hidden SM. And finally to add more fun we were overheating as well so we had to turn off after say 20 minutes - Oh well, a bit of work on the thermal side!

On top of that the crowds were low due to really bad Melbourne freezing cold and rain and poor event signage. Still apart from that, things sounded great and it all looked stunning- pity the speakers were in black - the plastics guys stuffed up the white units! Typical problems were the electronic boards were delivered late by a month and major plastic issues, so we had to sprint to the finish line.

Over the next 2 weeks we are going to attend to all the design issues and look to starting production after.

I have attached a few photo's, included is a "selfie" by Overture (Dave) and our new product design engineer (from Swinburne University) Chris Coller, both you would agree are stunningly handsome. Fortunately I destroyed all photo's of me from the show as they failed to capture my inner beauty and youthful looks.

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• 20140504_132654.jpg
    20140504_132654.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 391
  • 20140504_132635.jpg
    20140504_132635.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 403
  • 20140504_131742.jpg
    20140504_131742.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 400
  • 20140504_131633.jpg
    20140504_131633.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 390
Me Again

I also took an internal photo of the front and rear amplifier processors. As you can see the internals are very complicated and no toy. Note the front (right hand of photo) and rear (left of photo) both have 4 electrostatic step up transformers (2 per panel for TP).

Next step is to re organize and get rid of all the bloody wires!!!!!!

Regard

Chucky

Attachments

• IMAG0401.jpg
    IMAG0401.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 378
read
Involve (Surround Master)
there are a number of tests and demo's
on the Vectorscope

Hi Everyone

Its been a bit quiet on QQ in the past few weeks, I suppose everyone is completely happy and content!

Just thought I would mention that I am scheduled to start traveling to USA (California, New York), London, Holland, Germany, Denmark, Japan, Hong Kong, Dubai, Singapore and Malaysia from mid June to say mid July. The purpose of the trip is the promotion of our Y system and related technologies to both retailers and major consumer electronic manufacturers.

If any QQ members have any suggestions for places to approach or an opportunity to meet Dawson and myself I would be pleased to talk.

Hope to see you all one day!

Regards

Chucky

Dear All

Just a note:

Currently in San Diego and will be in Oregon USA on Wednesday, then either LA or Ney York later in the week. London next week.

Regards

Chucky

Hi All

Long time no see.

I have good news and some bad news

First the bad. I lied about the price of the Pro encoder/ Decoder as I have been corrected by our legal people about the cost of the included life time licence to publish music/ dvd etc with the Involve format. All up it is $4995.

As a make up compensation to QQ forum members we are releasing the first 2 batched (20 and 50) as a package with our new Y4 surround sound electrostatic system for the same price of $4995 all included!

So you get

1 The Pro encoder/ decoder
2 Lifetime publishing licence
3 Y4 surround sound system featuring 4 (Total Perspective) electrostatic bookshelf speakers, remote control, HDMI, wireless connection for front- rear, 10 X 70 Watt amplification (130 W peak) and our believe it or not dual 5 inch subwoofer- it is no toy and is flat and LOUD to 40 Hz- no one can believe it! The rrp for the Y4 system is $3250.

See the attached pictures, it is available in white/ black or silver at the moment. Please note the system does not include a subwoofer as Total Perspective takes care of image centering all around the room. See https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?18329-Involve-Total-Perspective-interview

As we are updating our website if you want to be one of the first please email us and we will guide you through the deal.
Dispatch will be late September/ early October

MORE GOOD NEWS
I have listened to your suggestion for a metal cased Surround Master that includes individual channel level controls. Well folks we are on to it and it will include, HDMI, BlueTooth, pre amp, MM and MC inputs, remote control. We hope it will sell for between $1000 to $1500. I will keep you guys informed.

Hoping to hear from you

Chucky

Attachments

• Y4_4_Hero_White.jpg
    Y4_4_Hero_White.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 354
  • PE_1_0_11.jpg
    PE_1_0_11.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 352
Hi Chucky, thank you for the update on the various projects.

As for the bad news, things like that happen. Better to get the correct info out to avoid any misunderstanding later on. For the people interested in the encoder you have a great offer anyway.

About the good news, the metal case Surround Master. Is this the consumer encoder/decoder we talked about in this thread, https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?17421-Involve-encoder/page2, without the encoding part? And will the metal case SM include a variable cross over?

The new price range, $1k-1.5k, is very attractive.

Thanks and good luck with the various projects you have goong on.

An additional question, the pre amp does not have a IEC inlet does it? Instead it has an ac->dc adapter? It could be audiophile nonsense but on some forums people say that these adapters polute the chain.

An IEC inlet might be a better option in that case. What are your thoughts about that?

Hi Robert

Yes this is the same consumer pre amp/ decoder we have talked about before, partly based on the pro encoder/ decoder - without the encoder section, isolated XLR inputs etc. I think it will also be in the rack mount format.

The whole question of external plugpack vs internal transformer is a complicated one. The advantages of the external plugpack are:

1 A bit cheaper as approved plug packs are available to OEM at around $3 - $5

2 Simplifies and makes cheaper CE and safety approvals (costs say $16K in Australia)

3 Typically lowers induced hum into sensitive phono stages

4 Simplifies international Voltage changeovers as most plug packs are universal.

5 Adaquate filtering on the main board will knock out any 100 Mhz and above switching hash - some audiophiles are "dickheads"

Frankly for the pro unit we also ran out of internal space for a Lumpy iron transformer. With the metal case hifi pre amp/ decoder I really am not sure yet as to what direction we will go on this issue- I welcome suggestions for QQ members

What do you think the advantages of a variable crossover are for a pre amp????

Regards

Chucky

MORE GOOD NEWS
I have listened to your suggestion for a metal cased Surround Master that includes individual channel level controls. Well folks we are on to it and it will include, HDMI, BlueTooth, pre amp, MM and MC inputs, remote control. We hope it will sell for between $1000 to $1500. I will keep you guys informed.

Hoping to hear from you

Chucky

Hi Chucky,

This looks like my dream bit of kit! MM/MC input & HDMI output means for me at any rate its going to connect very easily. My Pioneer SC-LX86 has an MC i/p & multi-analogue i/p, but I have never found a way of getting the MC & multi-channel analogue to work together.

Will the new Surround Master have both SQ & QS decoding?

A 'soap-on-a-rope' external PSU is fine, we use them all the time as its cheaper than getting all the safety approvals. For audio kit the mains and associated hum is well away from the kit and input filtering removes the HF noise. As for 'Audiophiles' well from my experience they don't understand Physics, Electronics, or Acoustics. My favourite 'audiophile' nonsense is rubber stands for your pointless mega-expensive speaker cable to stop the triboelectric effect due to the cable picking up vibrations!

When is the possible launch of the new unit?

Back