Oppo club

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leevitalone1

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Ok-Who has an Oppo? I just got my 103 my 3rd Oppo. I started with the 970 all due to you guys. Had the 93NE. Now this one. I LOVE my Oppo!
Firmware upgrades are a pain, you have to reset to factory defaults. But that only takes a few minutes.
PQ is better, and the sound rivals my NE mod. Pretty good for the money.

PS: I sold my 970 to a member who has vanished-I imagine all due to listening.

Have a 980 and a 93. Got interested because of talk here of course! Now I'm in the market for a projector. I'd like to take a chance on one that needs repair, and maybe has no HDMI, just component, cause I spent all my money on the 93 and an AT cart.

I've got a 83 SE that I have had for a couple of years...region & zone free.

I want a 95 with ISO playback....someday...

When my Onkyo dvd a player could not handle some of the more recent releases at the time, I went for an Oppo 83, after all the positive reviews on QQ. Sold the 83 and got an 83SE with Nuforce mod. I sold that one last December to get a 105EU, very pleased with that one, and with Oppo in general. Great customer service with fast response to questions and regular firmware updates.

I bought a 105 earlier this year. Love it; sounds great. Only negative is I wish it was All-Region like my Denon Universal DVDA/SACD player was, but it definitely sounds better and the Denon still works so I keep it around for the off-regions.

OK...started with a 970, great player, it now resides in a box in my garage. Just can't part with it. Replaced with a 95 with ISO capability. Both region and zone free!

I'm sure I'm not saying anything that you already don't know but (just in case) in order to get .iso, you would have to find a private seller offering one before the updated firmware that change that capability. It was only available for a limited amount of time.
Apparently there is a process to downgrade...

BDP 103 - LOVE IT! Not only a significant upgrade over my my Pioneer 563A and Sony BDP 350 but it also replaced my Dlink 520 digital music receiver.

I bought a 105 earlier this year. Love it; sounds great. Only negative is I wish it was All-Region like my Denon Universal DVDA/SACD player was, but it definitely sounds better and the Denon still works so I keep it around for the off-regions.

Which Denon do you have?

I'm considering the 105 to replace to replace my ailing 3930 but I need to be convinced the Oppo will sound better.

after separate dvd-a and sacd players, switched to OPPO with a 980, then a BDP-83, never went 3D, but I do wish it would play flac.

vinylguy4

Last edited:
Got the Oppo 105 this year - my first Oppo. The analog out is really great sound. The unexpected bonus is the upscaling of my cable video signal from 1080i to 1080p. I wasn't even thinking about the video capabilities when I bought the 105 but man is my TV picture great or what! Also now the 105 comes in Silver as well as black - just in case anyone is considering buying the 105.

The only downside is some bugs (lockups; a/v sync issues). This are being fixed with firmware releases but some issues still remain although Oppo support is good and I get the sense from Oppo that they will continue to release fixes as required.

I have an 83SE that I am very happy with. Can someone help me justify an upgrade? Wavelength is doing a pretty good job so far. Has anyone compared the analog outputs of the 83SE to the 105?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Hi Al, the are hardware mods available to make the player region free.http://www.bluraychip.dk/product.php?id_product=25 or here http://www.jvbdigital.nl/jvb.asp?cur=1&level=modifications&page=title&title=1242. I do not use any of this, so hw smoothly it goes, I do not know.

I have an 83SE that I am very happy with. Can someone help me justify an upgrade? Wavelength is doing a pretty good job so far. Has anyone compared the analog outputs of the 83SE to the 105?

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 4 Beta

For a short period of time I had both the 83SE Nuforce and the 105EU at home. To my ears, the 105 has sloghtly more details sound and better placing. Also one of the advantages over the 83 is that the 105 can play DTS96/24. The 9x models can do this also.

And I use the Oppo directly connected to my power amps, which gave me the oppertunity to get rid of my pre amp, which added some noise into the signal path. So in my situation the 105 is definately a winner over de 83SE.

Got the Oppo 105 this year - my first Oppo. The analog out is really great sound. The unexpected bonus is the upscaling of my cable video signal from 1080i to 1080p. I wasn't even thinking about the video capabilities when I bought the 105 but man is my TV picture great or what! Also now the 105 comes in Silver as well as black - just in case anyone is considering buying the 105.

The only downside is some bugs (lockups; a/v sync issues). This are being fixed with firmware releases but some issues still remain although Oppo support is good and I get the sense from Oppo that they will continue to release fixes as required.

The last upgrade solved sync issues. there is a control in the meus to adjust voice/picture sync. kinda tough because the screen goes dark-but you can fix it.

Back