XTC Nonsuch 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y'all can't get yours yet, because I haven't got mine....

Still waiting on Moondance from Amazon also....

I've been a-sittin' here a-waitin' Mr.Postman, so oh impatiently, for just a card or just a letter.. better still some bloody XTC..!!

Amazon are still saying next week, so I'll probably get it a week after you chappies who wisely bought it from Burning Shed!
Amazon U. Shipped my copy today.

Off topic, it seems amazon is shipping in seperate portions more often than in the past, even when I select the order to be delivered in one go. I get some stuff earlier now, but in the past Amazon combined seperate items from differemt orders in one package, but that is not the case anymore it seems. Anyone else experiencing this?

Look what just showed up! ;)

1462958_10152058440570499_1332468460_n.jpg

Wuahaahahhaaaahahhahahhahaaaaa.
I also have it. From U.K. to Germany....yipieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Thank you Burning Shed!

:D:sun:banana::brew:bounce:smack::woopie:wave:51banana:

I was able to get my disc to play once but now when it plays it sto ps dead at the start of song 1[could be that i'm having trouble because my player's kind've old and hasn't had its software updated lately......last time I tried to it nearly bricked the player]

Last edited:
I went and tried it again......turns out there was a fingerprint or something on the disc that was messing it up.Once I wiped it off it played without a hitch.

I'm having trouble with menus freezing and not working...anyone else? The music sounds brilliant and starts okay but then menus freeze. I've contacted Burning Shed with this a while back and no reaction, which is unlike them as their customer service is usually brilliant.

They don't make the disks so what would you expect them to say. Could it be a problem with your player?

I'm still having trouble playing this disc[I can get it to play in stereo but the 5.1 mix refuses to play past the 1st 11 seconds....this is the only Blu ray audio disc that my player won't play].

I'm still having trouble playing this disc[I can get it to play in stereo but the 5.1 mix refuses to play past the 1st 11 seconds....this is the only Blu ray audio disc that my player won't play].

No other problems like this, so suspect setup issues.
Please drop me a PM with FULL details.
(Player setup (connections, firmware settings etc) - it defaults to the LPCM, which in retrospect was an error and you must have the player set up right.

Refuses to play DTS 5.1 for me in three different players. Defaults to PCM stereo instead. NOT a setup issue, other DVD-V and DVD-A discs play fine when I select DTS 5.1 Surround audio options on them. Disappointing quality control here.

How interesting. I just opened mine up and tried it and found there is only 1 soundtrack on it. It is one of the two LPCM soundtracks but I don't know which one. Could be "original master" or the new mix. How would I know?

Oh, and it's only 48khz too. No 96khz to be found.

This was with a Pioneer Elite Blu-ray player. I tried my Panasonic Blu-ray/dvd-audio player and all it says is "unsupport" and won't play it at all. I did re-try it. Same result.

I guess I could go get my Technics dvd-audio player out of the basement and try it out.

Currently playing it on a LG BH200 in LPCM stereo using a Marantz SA8005 DAC. I like the music. Never heard it before.

I think I should seek out the Blu-ray version. Don't know why I didn't go with that in the first place

Gave up using hardware players for this, but was able to see and rip the MLP 5.1 tracks with DVD Audio Extractor (after MakeMKV backup/decryption) , and those tracks play fine (as 5.1) in foobar2000

Last edited:
Having never played the Yes Close To The Edge dvd-audio before I attempted it and got the same "unsupport" result as I did with the XTC. Amazing! Two useless disks!

I already have the Blu-ray version of this one, fortunately.

To make sure the machine is OK I put on Flaming Lips dvd-audio and it plays fine.

Having never played the Yes Close To The Edge dvd-audio before I attempted it and got the same "unsupport" result as I did with the XTC. Amazing! Two useless disks!

I already have the Blu-ray version of this one, fortunately.

To make sure the machine is OK I put on Flaming Lips dvd-audio and it plays fine.

Your machine is OK Cup, I had the same exact problem with the same exact 2 discs.......They both did not play on a cheap LG dvd-a player that got me into this addiction and also an older Pioneer player. Every thing else I had worked fine and I mean eeeeeeeeeeeeevrything (quite a lot) - I upgraded to a low end older Oppo and eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeevrything even the ones that did not play............worked.

You might find that The Who - Tommy DVD-a and also Rush- Moving Pictures might not play too............the reason is floating somewhere on theses forums..........all of these titles were recorded/transferred or decoded with a certain program that for some reason made some players not work on certain discs..........not many but those are 2 of them.

Hope this helps :banana:

Rush and Tommy play ok, and even the King Crimson disks which came out of the same outfit. Something changed with these two disks. I won't be buying any more dvd-audio at all. Done with 'em!

Back