XTC Nonsuch 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
As noted in the general XTc 5.1 thread, Nonsuch is the first in a series of new stereo and 5.1 mixes. Burning Shed has pre order pages set up for the sets,
https://www.burningshed.com/store/panegyric/product/340/5002/
Nonsuch is the first in a series of expanded XTC album editions including 5.1 Surround mixes, new stereo mixes and High-Resolution stereo mixes of the original material along with a wealth of extra audio and visual material.

Steven Wilson has produced the new mixes with the input of founder band member Andy Partridge and the full approval of the band.

Presented in special packaging with an expanded booklet and sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding and Dave Gregory, this is the cd and blu-ray version.

---------

* The album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) with the input of founder band member Andy Partridge and the full approval of the band.

* CD features a completely new stereo album mix by Steven Wilson and non-album track Didn't Hurt a Bit.

* Blu-Ray features:

- a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio Surround (24bit/96khz) mixed from the original multi-track tapes.
- the new stereo album mix in DTS-HD Master Audio (24bit/96khz).
- exclusive instrumental versions of all new mixes in DTS-HD Master Audio stereo (24bit/96khz).
- exclusive Andy Partridge home demos and Colin Moulding work tapes for songs written for the album and contemporaneously.
- filmed footage of the band working on the album in Chipping Norton Studios.
- promo films for The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead and The Disappointed also feature on the Blu-Ray.

Pre-order now for October 7th release.
preorder (£15.99 GBP)

Tracks
CD:

1. The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead
2. My Bird Performs
3. Dear Madam Barnum
4. Humble Daisy
5. The Smartest Monkeys
6. The Disappointed
7. Holly Up On Poppy
8. Crocodile
9. Rook
10. Omnibus
11. That Wave
12. Then She Appeared
13. War Dance
14. Wrapped In Grey
15. The Ugly Underneath
16. Bungalow
17. Books Are Burning

Bonus Track:

18. Didn't Hurt a Bit

Blu-Ray:

Presented in DTS-HD Master Audio
- Album mixed in 5.1 Surround
- New Stereo Album mix
- Original Stereo Album mix
- Blu-Ray exclusive material including:
New stereo album instrumental mixes, demos by Andy and Colin, footage of the band in the studio and promo films for the singles.

And https://www.burningshed.com/store/panegyric/product/340/5000/

Nonsuch is the first in a series of expanded XTC album editions including 5.1 Surround mixes, new stereo mixes and High-Resolution stereo mixes of the original material along with a wealth of extra audio and visual material.

Steven Wilson has produced the new mixes with the input of founder band member Andy Partridge and the full approval of the band.

Presented as a double digi-pack format in a slipcase with an expanded booklet and sleeve-notes by Andy Partridge, Colin Moulding and Dave Gregory, this is the cd and dvda version.

---------

* The album has been mixed for 5.1 Surround Sound from the original studio masters by Steven Wilson (Porcupine Tree) with the input of founder band member Andy Partridge and the full approval of the band.

* CD features a new stereo album mix by Steven Wilson and non-album track Didn't Hurt a Bit.

* DVDA features:

- a 5.1 DTS Mix of the album.
- original and new album mixes by Steven Wilson in High Resolution stereo
- DVD-A players & some Blu-Ray players can, additionally, access a 5.1 Advanced Resolution (24bit/96khz Lossless audio) mix.

---------

Pre-order now for October 7th release.
preorder (£12.99 GBP)

Tracks
CD:

1. The Ballad of Peter Pumpkinhead
2. My Bird Performs
3. Dear Madam Barnum
4. Humble Daisy
5. The Smartest Monkeys
6. The Disappointed
7. Holly Up On Poppy
8. Crocodile
9. Rook
10. Omnibus
11. That Wave
12. Then She Appeared
13. War Dance
14. Wrapped In Grey
15. The Ugly Underneath
16. Bungalow
17. Books Are Burning

Bonus Track:

18. Didn't Hurt a Bit

DVDA:

Album in 5.1 surround sound, new & original album mixes in
Hi-Res stereo.

What more needs to be said buy it great album more commercial than some of XTCs possibly a good starting point for those who don't know the band, though I am looking forward to some of the older albums.
How enlightened some bands are lately.

In looking at the DVD-A vs. the BD?
The BD has so much more content that I want it's really no contest.

From Burning Shed site: Pre-orders will be shipped by the end of this week!
:banana:

I'll see your :banana: and raise you with :banana::banana:!! I've just had an e-mail from Sainsburys Entertainment saying that my Nonsuch has just been shipped to me. Presumably then Nonsuch has been manufactured at a different pressing plant to Close to the Edge :confused:

Burning shed have just tweeted that they are shipping to the rest of the world today. I'm assuming that they will ship to UK a little later so that we all get our discs on the 4th.

Oops...sorry. Should have read the email more close to the edge!
The following items have been sent:
1 x XTC - Nonsuch (cd/dvda preorder)
The following items will be sent separately:
1 x Yes - Close To The Edge (cd/dvda preorder)
burning shed limited | 8 white lodge, hall road, norwich, nr4 6dg, united kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 1603 767726 | VAT No. 813 5829 24

www.burningshed.com

I just received an email from burningshed that both Yes and XTC have been posted!

That's awesome news. It is strange, however that Amazon.ca just sent me this update, saying the estimate they will be delivered in late December.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on September 26, 2013. We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

Yes "Close to the Edge"
Estimated arrival date: December 20, 2013 - December 30, 2013
Xtc "Nonsuch (CD + Blu-Ray)"
Estimated arrival date: December 20, 2013 - December 30, 2013

I really hope they are wrong! I should've just ordered from Burning Shed, but I had some Amazon gift certificates to use up.

So hopefully we'll all have the XTC in time for bonfire night (is that just an English thing?!) and Close to the Edge in time for ........... Christmas, possibly (sarcasm, is that also just an English thing?)

Last edited:
Who's gonna get it first?

I'm about as far away from the UK as you can get, so I think that I'll get it first.....:smokin

So hopefully we'll all have the XTC in time for bonfire night (is that just an English thing?!) and Close to the Edge in time for ........... Christmas, possibly (sarcasm, is that also just an English thing?)
You're getting it for a bonfire? Gonna play it first?

Postman's just been. No package from Norwich, so no early XTC for me :(

Fingers crossed for Monday...

I've been a-sittin' here a-waitin' Mr.Postman, so oh impatiently, for just a card or just a letter.. better still some bloody XTC..!!

Amazon are still saying next week, so I'll probably get it a week after you chappies who wisely bought it from Burning Shed!

I've been a-sittin' here a-waitin' Mr.Postman, so oh impatiently, for just a card or just a letter.. better still some bloody XTC..!!

Amazon are still saying next week, so I'll probably get it a week after you chappies who wisely bought it from Burning Shed!

I wouldn't mind so much but I only live about 30 miles away from Burning Shed! ;)

Back