XTC Nonsuch 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rush and Tommy play ok, and even the King Crimson disks which came out of the same outfit. Something changed with these two disks. I won't be buying any more dvd-audio at all. Done with 'em!

Hmmm Weird.......sorry to hear. :howl

Are you able to play the more recent Yes dvd-audio in one of those older players? Curious whether they've fixed the problem.

I would recommend that you PM Neil Wilkes and let him know that you're having problems playing those discs back. Neil is extremely fastidious about his work and goes to great lengths to make sure his authoring is completely within spec. I'm sure he'd want to know if people are having playback problms and he'll probably work with you to find a solution as well.

Was not familiar with this one, had heard a few songs from it somewhere down the road but only ever owned Drums & Wires and Black Sea loved both of those. Now I can add Nonsuch to XTC I like. This is a sonic treat and I am really loving the music! And it goes without saying the wilisonized 5.1 is absolutely superb!

I'll sell this copy and buy a new one.[the problem is I don't know how to go about getting an exchange for this disc]

Last edited:
Not sure how I missed this thread. I have a DVDA of Nonsuch that wouldn't play DTS in two players, the car player I have requires DTS to enable downmix of the center. I emailed BurningShed and Neil replied, sent a burned replacement disc that works fine, and said he would send a standard duplicated one as soon as it is pressed. That's some good respect for detail and customer satisfaction.:)

Waiting for Drums And Wires!

I tried playing the new disc and had the same problem......stops after 11 seconds.......tried it a 2nd and 3rd and 4th time and stopped after"Let's begin"(I'm about ready to give up on Nonsuch on Blu ray forever......unless there's a way to get a disc that is isn't authored the same way i.e BD-R or a dvd of this disc.....is there any way to swap the Blu ray version for the dvd?i'm not paying for another disc)

Last edited:
Back