SQ*Final Script for Adobe Audition v3

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oxforddickie

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I am making available here a version of the SQ*Final script for Adobe Audition v3, which replaces my original SQplus script from a few years ago. That script is inaccurate and should not be used.

This script will enable anyone to produce good quality, accurate decodes, from any SQ encoded source.

Available here: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=D19ED7DC334A1CA2!187&authkey=!AK9mR0VvScp8BzU

You will need to have the free plug-in 'Phasebug' installed. If you don't have it, download it from here:

http://www.betabugsaudio.com/dl.php?id=16

I have not included any documentation as i'm guessing most know how this works.

OxfordDickie

Thanks for this. I only downloaded Audition 3 this arvo.

Okay as a beginner (and I've managed to troubleshoot script vs correct folder names, VST installation etc.) can you tell me if I need to swap any channels on any of the files at any point?

Many thanks

- Mike

That's very nice of you Richard. I am sure the membership appreciates that. I know I do! :)

I'll give it a try this week. I think I only have some real old SQ scripts from somewhere, not quite back to kempfand, but somewhere in between.

Thanks. A really good upgrade from the previous ones.

Okay as a beginner (and I've managed to troubleshoot script vs correct folder names, VST installation etc.) can you tell me if I need to swap any channels on any of the files at any point?

Many thanks

- Mike

No, this will create the Front and Rear files as needed

Thanks.

I've got to say I'm really impressed with the results, and I can hear where tracking, etc can make a difference. I was excited enough about the 3dB separation, but this is great.

Wooohooooo!!!

Once I got everything installed properly (& turned on Phasebug in Adobe Audition) it worked a treat.

I did a test using the first track from the 96/24 SQ encoded LPCM from the Barclay James Harvest - Once Again disc.

I'm having trouble with this script, it only opens the front wav file and then stops.
Any ideas ?

Check the rear filename in the script matches the rear filename in the "SQ TEMP" directory....e.g. Rear.wav

I had an issue like that, and I'd called it back.wav instead of Rear.wav (or something like that)....the script stops when it has has a problem...

Back