INVOLVE SQ - IS HERE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ps. David, if you want any pointers on what sounds particularly good thru it I've tried approx 300 SQ records thru your SQ vinyl Surround Master the last 13 months..

(I'm now exhausted but happy thanks to the wonders of your device, which I use night after night.. I can attest not only to its prowess but also its durability!)

Oh bugger it (I mean I only have to be up again in about 3 hours, I might as well just stay up a bit longer and knock you up a quick SQ Surround Master hit list! :D )

Here goes.. :eek:

Fred's Fave SQ Surround Master records:

Andy Williams - Andy,
Azteca - S/T,
Billy Joel - Turnstiles,
Billy Paul - 360 Degrees,
Billy Paul - War Of The Gods,
Blood Sweat & Tears - Mirror Image,
Blood Sweat & Tears - New City,
BT Express - Energy To Burn,
Burton Cummings - S/T,
Charlie Rich - Every Time You Touch Me I Get High,
Chase - Pure Music,
Dave Mason - S/T,
David Essex - Rock On,
Earth Wind & Fire - Spirit,
Earth Wind & Fire - That's The Way Of The World,
Edgar Winter Group With Rick Derringer,
Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Black & Blue,
Harold Melvin & The Blue Notes - Wake Up Everybody,
Herbie Hancock - Sextant,
Isaac Hayes - Joy,
Isaac Hayes - Tough Guys,
Isley Brothers - Go For Your Guns,
Isley Brothers - Harvest For The World,
Isley Brothers - Live It Up,
Janis Ian - Between The Lines,
Jeff Beck - Wired,
Jeff Beck Group - Rough And Ready,
Johnnie Taylor - Eargasm,
Johnnie Taylor - Rated Extraordinaire,
Johnny Mathis - I'm Coming Home,
Labelle - Phoenix,
Loggins and Messina - Native Sons,
Manhattans - Feels So Good,
MFSB - Love Is The Message,
MFSB - Philadelphia Freedom,
Minnie Riperton - Adventures In Paradise,
Minnie Riperton - Perfect Angel,
Miracles - Love Crazy,
O'Jays - Family Reunion,
O'Jays - Message In The Music,
O'Jays - Survival,
Paul Simon - S/T,
Paul Simon - There Goes Rhymin' Simon,
Poco - Cantamos,
Poco - Seven,
Quincy Jones - You've Got It Bad Girl,
Redbone - Beaded Dreams Through Turquoise Eyes,
Reo Speedwagon - Lost In A Dream,
Reo Speedwagon - This Time We Mean It,
Return To Forever - Musicmagic,
Rick Derringer - All American Boy,
Staple Singers - Be What You Are,
Tower Of Power - Ain't Nothin' Stoppin' Us Now,
Weather Report - Tale Spinnin',
Wild Cherry - Electrified Funk

Ok that's awesome, thank you ): We've tried a few bits and pieces out of that - particularly love what BST did with their recordings.

Cheers
~D

Ok that's awesome, thank you ): We've tried a few bits and pieces out of that - particularly love what BST did with their recordings.

Cheers
~D

You're welcome :)

I've recorded in the results of the SQ vinyl Surround Master decodes of all of the above (and about 250 more SQ & QS LPs) all to 96/24 MultiChannel Flac, so if you want to hear how any of them pan out just drop me a PM and I'll send you the samples.

I just ordered mine and I can't hardly wait to see it's magic based on the glowing reviews and demos on Youtube. My Sony SQD-2020 is having issues and trying to find someone to repair it would be costly. Also, trying to land the famous Tate II and Lafayette SQ-W is impossible.

I have a question, however: how long would it take to be shipped after processing? Thanks in advance.

I just ordered mine and I can't hardly wait to see it's magic based on the glowing reviews and demos on Youtube. My Sony SQD-2020 is having issues and trying to find someone to repair it would be costly. Also, trying to land the famous Tate II and Lafayette SQ-W is impossible.

I have a question, however: how long would it take to be shipped after processing? Thanks in advance.

Going by your initials and your location, I'm pretty sure I know the order you're talking about, and I shipped it yesterday :) So I'd say if the odds are completely in your favour you should see it this time next week - if the odds are against you it can take up to 10 business days. If you don't have it by then - drop me a line and we'll track it down.

~D

Going by your initials and your location, I'm pretty sure I know the order you're talking about, and I shipped it yesterday :) So I'd say if the odds are completely in your favour you should see it this time next week - if the odds are against you it can take up to 10 business days. If you don't have it by then - drop me a line and we'll track it down.

~D
Excellent! Thank you very much for your reply!:D

:D Today, my Surround Master arrived and my Monday couldn't have been better despite the heat in Southern CA. Setting it up was easy as ABC and for fun, I connected it through the discrete mode on my Sony SQD-2020 to see the VU meters in action.

I tested many SQ albums and was impressed by the results:
Antiphonal Music for Four Brass Choirs
An Introduction to the World of SQ Quadraphonic Sound
Funny Girl Soundtrack
Switched on Bach
George Crumb
My Fair Lady
Music for Brass, Percussion and Organ
Boulez Conducts Bartok-Concerto for Orchestra

For QS, I tested:
Ovation Compatible Stereo Quadraphonic Sound
Vanguard 4-Dimensional Stereo Demonstration Disc
Doc Severinsen Fever!

Then, I tried out the Main Street Electrical Parade track from The Official Album of Disneyland/Walt Disney World and in both QS and SQ, it sounded great.

And I still have LOTS of SQ/Stereo albums to try out!

Hands down, this was the best investment ever and I take my hat off to the creators of this device.

GREAT job, guys at Involve Audio!:banana::banana::banana:

What would this unit do with a multichannel FLAC file played from a laptop? Assuming if it handles MP3s it can do FLAC....
If you plug the audio outs from a dvd/bluray player into it do you get surround sound?

What would this unit do with a multichannel FLAC file played from a laptop? Assuming if it handles MP3s it can do FLAC....
If you plug the audio outs from a dvd/bluray player into it do you get surround sound?
This would do nothing with multichannel files. It will take SQ or QS encoded stereo files and separate the channels out to surround. It will also take stereo and create a sort of upmix to surround.

not a lot unless you downmixed the Multichannel FLAC to Stereo (and only then would it make some sort of pseudo surround effect from out of phase info etc) as this unit has 1 x set of 2-channel RCA inputs and is designed to decode QS or SQ matrix encoded Quad material or synthesise faux surround (in 4.0 or 5.1) from Stereo programmes in the Involve/QS mode.

edit: sorry mlrocker my post crossed with Mr Romano's! :D

Just tried to log in to the Involve website. Can't get there from here. Please tell me their server is down or they have a new web address. I truly hope they're not out-of-business.

Just tried to log in to the Involve website. Can't get there from here. Please tell me their server is down or they have a new web address. I truly hope they're not out-of-business.

Never mind. It is working now. Whew!

We are in business - just hiding under a rock

regards

Chucky

I notice the original Surround Master can no longer be ordered. It looks like B-stock is also gone. Any info on the NEW CASE version of the Surround Master?

I notice the original Surround Master can no longer be ordered. It looks like B-stock is also gone. Any info on the NEW CASE version of the Surround Master?

I no longer have the Surround Master. Sorry... no info for you.

Hal

Back