INVOLVE SQ - IS HERE

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's with the confusion, man? I just replied to a post that was sent to me by QQ... it was your post.

I sold my Sound Master.

Hal - My confusion arose from the fact that riknik asked (I assume after having visited Involve’s ordering page which shows the SM as being out of stock) – “I notice the original Surround Master can no longer be ordered. It looks like B-stock is also gone. Any info on the NEW CASE version of the Surround Master?” Expecting a reply from Involve, your reply made no sense in that context. I’m guessing from what you say that you are a private individual who happened to have had an SM for sale at some point to whom I don’t think riknik’s question was intended. Perhaps his remarks about the availability of B stock and the new case version, which I assume you have no access to, might have suggested as much.
When you say “I just replied to a post that was sent to me by QQ... it was your post” I’m afraid I have no idea what you are referring to – other than that expression of confusion I have no made post in this thread seeking a reply from you.
Regards,
Soundfield.

Hi All

Contrary to our general silence, we like this great forum are still very alive and kicking! I was just in China and Malaysia

Over the break we found a few more boards and cases (remember we had a move and stuff gets lost). I think we still have 5 or 6 SM's to sell.

Dave (the bitch) is working full time on the new SM pre amp and for shits and giggles below is a shape profile of our new case extrusion. Its about twice height and the real one is Aluminium, the one in the photo is from our 3D plastic printer.

So here is a sneak peak.....Just half the height! Also delete the screw holes on to....all will be smooth.

Regards

Chucky

Attachments

• IMG_20180112_171153-min.jpg
    IMG_20180112_171153-min.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 286
Are there still developer's kits available? I don't know what they were called so having trouble searching. They were for integrating into one's own cabinet or project, a stuffed encoder PCB, decoder, and 5.1 expansion. I'm interested in experimenting with the encoder in a specialized mixing environment.

Hi Chucky - hope you had fun on your travels!
Very glad to hear that work is forging ahead on the SM Preamp. The case looks, er, shall we say, interesting - I'm just trying to envision how it would work in practice and how easy (or otherwise) it might be to physically integrate it with a bunch of other rather more conventionally styled boxes. Doesn't look as though it would be possible to stack it under another bit of kit, or indeed place anything on top of it. It might look funky but be careful you don't end up with another box that you come to regret as much as the old plastic one!
Cheers,
Soundfield.

I can see stars..........

Hi All

Contrary to our general silence, we like this great forum are still very alive and kicking! I was just in China and Malaysia

Over the break we found a few more boards and cases (remember we had a move and stuff gets lost). I think we still have 5 or 6 SM's to sell.

Dave (the bitch) is working full time on the new SM pre amp and for shits and giggles below is a shape profile of our new case extrusion. Its about twice height and the real one is Aluminium, the one in the photo is from our 3D plastic printer.

So here is a sneak peak.....Just half the height! Also delete the screw holes on to....all will be smooth.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Quadsearcher

Yes we still have good stock of the 3 evaluation boards and can be ordered. See press release below:

Regards

Chucky

Are there still developer's kits available? I don't know what they were called so having trouble searching. They were for integrating into one's own cabinet or project, a stuffed encoder PCB, decoder, and 5.1 expansion. I'm interested in experimenting with the encoder in a specialized mixing environment.

Attachments

• Involve evaluation module press release_V1.4(1).pdf
    725.5 KB · Views: 170
Hi Soundfield

I hear you. Its amazing how many time you get comments of the need to put stuff on top of things. Having said that we have strong advice that we are not selling in anyway a standard piece of audio kit. It really does not fit in as we are 2 channels in multichannel out and yes it will be a full very high quality basic preamp with mm/ mc phono, bluetooth etc. The message is that it needs to be an iconic shape- different to the pack, so it sticks out like dogs balls.

The great and powerful Chris is about to start properly styling the thing so lets see what pops out.

Regards

Chucky

Hi Chucky - hope you had fun on your travels!
Very glad to hear that work is forging ahead on the SM Preamp. The case looks, er, shall we say, interesting - I'm just trying to envision how it would work in practice and how easy (or otherwise) it might be to physically integrate it with a bunch of other rather more conventionally styled boxes. Doesn't look as though it would be possible to stack it under another bit of kit, or indeed place anything on top of it. It might look funky but be careful you don't end up with another box that you come to regret as much as the old plastic one!
Cheers,
Soundfield.

Hi Karlkastner

You are looking at the shell and stuff has not been put in yet. We are also working in the background on the super preamp with all the fancy displays - at a way higher price tag. This product is intended to replace the Surround Master with the additional features of a really high performance but economy preamp. Really there is nothing like it in the consumer market.

Regards

Chucky

I'm baffled. Where are the connections? The display for the virtual VU meters, etc?

The message is that it needs to be an iconic shape- different to the pack, so it sticks out like dogs balls.

I'm sure you're right given the market you are aiming for Chucky, it's just that I'm of an age that thinks hi-fi should come in a lovely wooden cabinet!!!

Hi Karlkastner

You are looking at the shell and stuff has not been put in yet. We are also working in the background on the super preamp with all the fancy displays - at a way higher price tag. This product is intended to replace the Surround Master with the additional features of a really high performance but economy preamp. Really there is nothing like it in the consumer market.

Regards

Chucky

Thanks Chucky,

I'm waiting for the Super model. Maybe have an upgrade option for the best caps(Nichicon?) and other components? I just want to be able to switch effortlessly between discrete 5.1 sources and simulated surround via the Surround Master. All from my zero gravity chair. Simple folks have simple needs.

Hi,

A total newbie over here. I got my SQSM this xmas, largely thanks to a friend (UK ex.pat. now in SF) who had showed me the wonders of quad a few years ago and sent me a few DVD-A's that worked with my existing modern 5.1 setup.

Only last fall I realized I had had (or even inherited) lots of classical music vinyls with SQ but I just wasn't aware of what it meant. Now I know. And now I can HEAR it! Great! Thanks for making it possible! :music. (y)

Cheers!

Great to hear some feedback......its been quiet here for a while.

I am off to USA for a week- with the new Y4 system!!!!, in LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Oregon

Regards

Chucky

Great to hear some feedback......its been quiet here for a while.

I am off to USA for a week- with the new Y4 system!!!!, in LA, San Diego, San Francisco, Oregon

Regards

Chucky

Hope all goes well on your visit Chucky and I trust you won't let progress on the new SM Preamp slip whilst you're away!

Back