Universal Japan SHM-SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SHM-SACD Release Announcement from CD Japan:

New Items from Your Favorite Artists
-----------------------------------------
Steely Dan
[ SACD ] Pretzel Logic [SHM-SACD] | Release: August 24, 2016 /3,000 yen
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UI...gn=Steely Dan-20160822-person_prod-UIGY-15004

[ SACD ] Countdown To Ecstasy [SHM-SACD] | Release: August 24, 2016 /3,000 yen
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UI...gn=Steely Dan-20160822-person_prod-UIGY-15005

Dire Straits
[ SACD ] Brothers In Arms [SHM-SACD] | Release: August 24, 2016 /3,000 yen
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UI...=Dire Straits-20160822-person_prod-UIGY-15008

If any limited edition or first press bonus is still available, we highly
recommend you to place your order as soon as possible before it is sold out completely.

Listening now to Free Live, SHM SACD, stereo only, little white Japanese box, awesome. Got 3 discs on que, all hybrid SACD stereo, Lightnin Hopkins Broken Hearted Blues, John Lee Hooker, Boogie Chillin both Audio Fidelity, and Albert King I'll Play The Blues For You. I'm still warming up for my 5.1 Temple Of The Dog listen. I was watching the Temple DVD and Eddie Vedder in one of the shows was drinking Miller High Life so I went to the liquor store to get proper.

Listening now to Free, SHM SACD stereo only, Fire and Water. I Fucking love these stereo releases, they are perfect. I could write a book on Japanese releases, always superior to others, from your basic jewel case, to MCH to cardboard mini LPs, Blu spec you name it. If it is Japanese I am on board, and I am a white dude. Someday I will get in my long boat and row over there. Lute, where are you?

Listening now to Free, SHM SACD stereo only, Fire and Water. I Fucking love these stereo releases, they are perfect. I could write a book on Japanese releases, always superior to others, from your basic jewel case, to MCH to cardboard mini LPs, Blu spec you name it. If it is Japanese I am on board, and I am a white dude. Someday I will get in my long boat and row over there. Lute, where are you?

hahaha - Lute is probably nailing some superior sushi right now.

I've quite a few of the Japanese Stereo SACDs and they are very good, the Free, Camel, & Fairport Convention are wonderful, and that's coming from someone who is more of a fan of 24-bit than standard resolution DSD. They do spend a lot of care making sure the audio sounds good.

Listening now to SHM SACD of Asia, Alpha. Stereo, DSD. Not a sonic gem, but I bought this and Astra because I love the Japanese white box, mini LP's. I am an audiophile of course, but I am also a collector of crap, but these SHM SACD's can be hit and miss. A good resource is the DR Loudness database and as many will agree some of the original stereo RBCD's sound better.
In the case of these two discs, Astra is equal and Alpha is a hair less than there RBCD brothers.

Listening now to stereo SHM SACD, Queen, A Day At The Races, 2011 Digital Remaster, awesome of course. I am going to see Queen with Adam Lambert in June I think, can't wait. Unfortunately not a stunner on the DR report, but still sound great.
http://dr.loudness-war.info/album/list?artist=Queen&album=A+Day+At+The+Races
UIGY-15015.jpg

You are lucky. Adam Lambert is amazing IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know, I am stoked, how else am I going to see Roger Taylor and Brian May, and you know the business called Queen would never do anything cheesy. My wife said she didn't want to see Queen with out Freddie, but after talking to friends, not me, she is excited to go. Why don't wives listen to husbands > ?

Listening now to the out of print SHM-SACD Whitesnake, Come and Get It. David Coverdale has announced he is going to remaster the Whitesnake catalog in the same manner as Jimmy Page did with Led Zeppelin. I can only hope that because there is this one SACD vs Led Zep had no SACD's that maybe the catalog would come out in stereo SACD, or 24bit Hi Res via HDTracks or something.
UIGY-9643.jpg

Back