Universal Japan SHM-SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A bunch of excellent titles coming out in March 2014:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/search/musi...formattype_1/pagesize_1/year_2014/?fmtSacd=on

If we could get Richard Carpenter involved with that Brothers In Arms release maybe we would get the 5.1 included.

I expect I'll buy Brothers In Arms on both SHM SACD and platinum SHM, so I can have something to play in the car (recordable CD copy of the platinum SHM). Good thing I didn't buy the MOFI... I almost did about a week ago.

A bunch of excellent titles coming out in March 2014:
http://www.hmv.co.jp/en/search/musi...formattype_1/pagesize_1/year_2014/?fmtSacd=on

If we could get Richard Carpenter involved with that Brothers In Arms release maybe we would get the 5.1 included.

I expect I'll buy Brothers In Arms on both SHM SACD and platinum SHM, so I can have something to play in the car (recordable CD copy of the platinum SHM). Good thing I didn't buy the MOFI... I almost did about a week ago.

Was Richard Carpenter with Dire Straits? I'm still playing the Multichannel SACD of Brothers In Arms here - excellent !

Interesting. I wonder if Richard Carpenter did further remixing of the songs for this new "2013 remaster" as he did with Al Schmitt for the 5.1 SACD Surround Sound version.

Richard did mention in a recent interview that the master tapes used to do the 5.1 surround SACD have been destroyed in a fire.

http://thedownloadshow.podbean.com/2014/01/20/richard-carpenter-interview/

Anyway, previously announced March 2014 SHM-SACD releases have been postponed until April 2014.

Richard did mention in a recent interview that the master tapes used to do the 5.1 surround SACD have been destroyed in a fire.

http://thedownloadshow.podbean.com/2014/01/20/richard-carpenter-interview/

Anyway, previously announced March 2014 SHM-SACD releases have been postponed until April 2014.

Thank you for the info on the interview soundboy :)

quite a lot about SACD in there, Richard certainly is a fan of the format and of surround..

..bittersweet to hear him say he would have re-done all their stuff to Surround SACD "on his own dime" had he known the multi master tapes would end up destroyed..

..plus hearing Universal wouldn't/couldn't run him off a copy of the SACD, they gave him a duped DVD instead, which he thought was ridiculous ("like, what am I gonna do with it!?")..

..and only 7-10 days to remix all those tracks to 5.1!? What the..?! Amazing!! All those years ago the SACD got delayed and delayed, one presumed by all the extra time taken to remix etc but clearly not! RC had all the info of what was on those tapes in his head, so I guess that sped the process up.

great interview! (y)

also.. he says there's nothing left in the archives to release..!? Wow! That's a surprise! Interesting he makes no mention of the upcoming SHM-SACD (and says "shame SACD died" at one point) so I suppose that indicates he isn't involved in the SHM-SACD at all, unlike the surround remix SACD 10yrs ago.

also.. he says there's nothing left in the archives to release..!? Wow! That's a surprise! Interesting he makes no mention of the upcoming SHM-SACD (and says "shame SACD died" at one point) so I suppose that indicates he isn't involved in the SHM-SACD at all, unlike the surround remix SACD 10yrs ago.

I interpreted that as there are no unreleased Carpenter songs. Not that there are no more Carpenter releases coming.

I do wonder about the delayed release of the SHM-SACD from March to April. Is it due to limited production capability at Sony's pressing plant in Japan?

I see that Hong Kong Universal Music is now back supporting SACD with a new release on March 15 that will be pressed in Japan. On top of that, Japan Sony is pressing J-pop SACDs for Japan Warner Music as well. Then there's rumored HK Warner Music SACDs to be released in April as well.

I do wonder about the delayed release of the SHM-SACD from March to April. Is it due to limited production capability at Sony's pressing plant in Japan?

I see that Hong Kong Universal Music is now back supporting SACD with a new release on March 15 that will be pressed in Japan. On top of that, Japan Sony is pressing J-pop SACDs for Japan Warner Music as well. Then there's rumored HK Warner Music SACDs to be released in April as well.

I don't know about limited SACD pressing capabilities. The SACD labels continue to issue new ones at an ever increasing rate!

Yes, lots of stereo SACDs being released but I'd like to see a resurgence of MultiChannel SACDs

We're certainly seeing Multichannel SACDs continuing to arrive from labels like Channel Classics and PentaTone that are doing brand new DSD recordings and Multichannel SACDs and now Multichannel DSD Downloads.
On the reissues, Audio Fidelity is looking at Multichannel SACDs as a possibility. Stay tuned.....

Back