Universal Japan SHM-SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Roxy Music - Avalon [Japan 2015] (SHM-SACD)

folder.jpg

Roxy Music - Country Life [Japan 2015] (SHM-SACD)

folder.jpg

Roxy Music - Flesh And Blood [Japan 2015] (SHM-SACD)

folder.jpg

Roxy Music - For Your Pleasure [Japan 2015] (SHM-SACD)

folder.jpg

Roxy Music - Manifesto [Japan 2015] (SHM-SACD)

folder.jpg

Roxy Music - Roxy Music [Japan 2015] (SHM-SACD)

folder.jpg

Roxy Music - Siren [Japan 2015] (SHM-SACD)

folder.jpg

Roxy Music - Stranded [Japan 2015] (SHM-SACD)

folder.jpg

Last edited:
Just picked up these two at my po box... having unloaded all the MFSLs now picking up some more of the SHM SACDs

Attachments

• two_new_band_SHMSACD.jpg
    two_new_band_SHMSACD.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 183
Looks like MusicDirect "may" have some reduced prices on SHM SACDs, but in a couple of mos. I guess some SHM SACDs are being re-released. This one is currently sold out on the Japan sites. I hope to get one.

The SHM-SACDs are also a mixed bag. Some sound good, some sound bad. And sometimes the Platinum SHM-CDs of the same title used a better source, see Caravan, Derek & the Dominos, Dire Straits or Marvin Gaye.

The Blind Faith platinum SHM CD came from a better source also. I sold my SHM SACD version since it was noticeably inferior.

An added bonus was the platinum one came in one of those white boxes but not the SACD. I really liked that white box packaging... though if they got shipped in a jiffy bag they would get a bit squashed.

I bought Dire Straits 'Love Over Gold' and Asia self-titled SHM-SACD from CDJapan last night. Hoping they'll make it to Australia in a week or so. What's the general opinion on these two albums on the format?

$22.44 each for SHM SACDs. Can't beat that!!! (of course there is shipping cost to add...)

================================================================
THIS ORDER - ITEM DETAILS

- - - - - - Item No. 1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Artist : Stevie Wonder
Title : Talking Book
Format : SACD
Quantity : 1
Unit Price : \2,695
Point : This item is ineligible to earn Members Point.

- - - - - - Item No. 2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Artist : Free
Title : Fire And Water

shipping 13.3226

Total cost : Less than what Acou$tic $ound$ would charge me for just 1 SHM SACD, and that's without their $11 shipping charge.

.... and I got the last Fire and Water they had left. Too bad for the rest of ya.

update: I got the last Talking Book also. Both of these are out of stock, probably forever.

Last edited:
I bought Dire Straits 'Love Over Gold' and Asia self-titled SHM-SACD from CDJapan last night. Hoping they'll make it to Australia in a week or so. What's the general opinion on these two albums on the format?

Received these discs today and they're very nice. 'Asia' is a bit less harsh than my well-worn CD copy, even a but less 80's sounding? 'Love Over Gold' sounds lovely, very natural. Both discs sound less 'up front' than their CD copies to my ears, which is nice as when I upped the volume level, there was no harshness at all and still retained some subtlety. I think I'll be buying again.

Well, sometimes cardboard is better. At least it doesn't get smashed very easily.

Attachments

• twonewshm.jpg
    twonewshm.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 179
So are SHM SACDs defunct? No future releases are listed. Current releases are sale priced and selling out.

$22.44 each for SHM SACDs. Can't beat that!!! (of course there is shipping cost to add...)

THIS ORDER - ITEM DETAILS

- - - - - - Item No. 1 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Artist : Stevie Wonder
Title : Talking Book

- - - - - - Item No. 2 - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Artist : Free
Title : Fire And Water

shipping 13.3226

Total cost : Less than what Acou$tic $ound$ would charge me for just 1 SHM SACD, and that's without their $11 shipping charge.

.... and I got the last Fire and Water they had left. Too bad for the rest of ya.

update: I got the last Talking Book also. Both of these are out of stock, probably forever.

Oh I do hope they're never superceded by superior versions and rendered obsolete down the line, I'd hate for all that smugness to have been in vain.. ;)

Next Set of SHM-SACD's:

Bryan Ferry - These Foolish Things (Japanese Import SHM SACD)

UNISAI9684-Large.jpg

Bryan Ferry - Another Time, Another Place (Japanese Import SHM SACD)

UNISAI9685-Large.jpg

Bryan Ferry - Let's Stick Together (Japanese Import SHM SACD)

UNISAI9686-Large.jpg

Bryan Ferry - In Your Mind (Japanese Import SHM SACD)

UNISAI9687-Large.jpg

Bryan Ferry - The Bride Stripped Bare (Japanese Import SHM SACD)

UNISAI9688-Large.jpg

Bryan Ferry - Boys and Girls (Japanese Import SHM SACD)

UNISAI9689-Large.jpg

Yes it's a reissue...the ghost was not welcome and I took care of him....btw...did your disc from cdJapan ever show up?...I've never lost one yet(knocks on computer desk)..that is where I purchased this one...this one only took 6 days to reach Florida...they are killing amazon UK in speed..

No my 2 Tangerine Dream SACDs ordered for my birthday in October never showed up, so I lost some money but on the plus side I didn't have to pay the import duty and handling charge!

I ordered Phaedra & Rubycon again from CDJapan (they are very good), plus Ricochet, and they turned up about a week later, I paid for FedEx this time, then I had to cough up for the tax etc. So an expensive purchase, but they do sound better than my old CDs :music (I already had Stratosfear on SACD)

No my 2 Tangerine Dream SACDs ordered for my birthday in October never showed up, so I lost some money but on the plus side I didn't have to pay the import duty and handling charge!

I ordered Phaedra & Rubycon again from CDJapan (they are very good), plus Ricochet, and they turned up about a week later, I paid for FedEx this time, then I had to cough up for the tax etc. So an expensive purchase, but they do sound better than my old CDs :music (I already had Stratosfear on SACD)

I doubt it was the fault of cdJapan...I'm sure it reached the UK...after that...well...who knows..does the Royal Mail still deliver it?.

Back