Thanks Thanks:  105
Likes Likes:  188
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 299

Thread: Universal Japan SHM-SACDs

  1. #51
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    7,631
    Points
    107,070
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    A classic Eric Clapton SACD, this time on Single Layer SHM-SACD from Universal Japan.

    The SHM-SACD edition features "DSD Transferred from Analogue Master Tapes by
    Hitoshi Takiguchi at Universal Mastering Studios in Japan.

    It's Out of Print in Japan, but copies are still available through Acoustic Sounds, Elusive Disc and several sellers on Amazon.
    http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/70...le_Layer_SACDs


    461 Ocean Blvd - SHM SACD - 325.jpg
    461 Ocean Boulevard - Eric Clapton (Universal Japan, Single Layer Stereo SACD, UIGY-9024)

  2. #52
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star cupboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UT, USA
    Posts
    4,845
    Points
    52,304
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Saw an interesting comment regarding the SHM SACD Dire Straits Brothers In Arms (which I had ordered but later cancelled):
    " Track 4 is missing over a minute of music. How this got past anyone I don't know. For Shame! Stick a fork in me, I'm done! "

    Then later I saw this: http://sa-cd.net/showthread/118790//y?page=first

    So, what are the track times on this?

  3. Thanks fredblue thanked for this post
  4. #53
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    7,631
    Points
    107,070
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Saw an interesting comment regarding the SHM SACD Dire Straits Brothers In Arms (which I had ordered but later cancelled):
    " Track 4 is missing over a minute of music. How this got past anyone I don't know. For Shame! Stick a fork in me, I'm done! "

    Then later I saw this: http://sa-cd.net/showthread/118790//y?page=first

    So, what are the track times on this?
    If the goal of the SHM-SACD version is to give the listener the original 2 track analog master sound, I suppose there may be trade-offs vs. later versions of the album.
    It will be interesting to compare.

  5. Likes fredblue liked this post
  6. #54
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Saw an interesting comment regarding the SHM SACD Dire Straits Brothers In Arms (which I had ordered but later cancelled):
    " Track 4 is missing over a minute of music. How this got past anyone I don't know. For Shame! Stick a fork in me, I'm done! "

    Then later I saw this: http://sa-cd.net/showthread/118790//y?page=first

    So, what are the track times on this?
    I heard the SHM-SACD uses the analogue master used to cut the LP (hence the edits)?
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  7. #55
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    I heard the SHM-SACD uses the analogue master used to cut the LP (hence the edits)?
    From SA-CD.net..

    Post by Espen R Yesterday 01:57 pm (2 of 5)
    reply | reply with quote | report
    Ubermensch said:


    "Just a note: The SHM-SACD does not contain the CD length version of the album, but contains the shortened song versions that appeared on the LP. Why this decision was made (?) not sure...
    The shortened version….because they used the 30ips 1/2" analog tape that was made and used for cutting the original Lp. For first time used on CD/SACD, to my knowledge.
    Transfered to DSD by FX Copyroom in London, 2014.


    Anyone listened to the new SHM-SACD?"
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  8. #56
    Member silvahalo007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    190
    Points
    7,159
    Level
    56
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Just picked up Steve Winwood's Arc of a Diver. At first I wasn't sure I was going to like the new SHM packaging. The box makes it a bit bulkier but then I realized they are going for the mini-LP sleeves which I happen to like. The OBI is a nice touch too. There is also an option to stick the disc on a hub inside the box. An option that I probably won't take.

    image.jpg
    image-1.jpg
    image-2.jpg

  9. Likes Quad Linda liked this post
  10. #57
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    7,631
    Points
    107,070
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    This must be a new trend in Japan. The 40th Anniversary Blow by Blow Hybrid Multichannel SACD by Jeff Beck also has an LP style box.

  11. #58
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star DuncanS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    2,228
    Points
    22,249
    Level
    92
    Level completed: 90%, Points required for next Level: 101
    Overall activity: 55.0%
    Achievements:
    10000 Experience PointsVeteranSocial
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    From SA-CD.net..

    Post by Espen R Yesterday 01:57 pm (2 of 5)
    reply | reply with quote | report
    Ubermensch said:


    "Just a note: The SHM-SACD does not contain the CD length version of the album, but contains the shortened song versions that appeared on the LP. Why this decision was made (?) not sure...
    The shortened version….because they used the 30ips 1/2" analog tape that was made and used for cutting the original Lp. For first time used on CD/SACD, to my knowledge.
    Transfered to DSD by FX Copyroom in London, 2014.


    Anyone listened to the new SHM-SACD?"
    Wasn't "Brother In Arms" recorded on a digital multi-track?
    177 SACD (159 Multi, 18 Stereo), 218 DVD-Audio/DTS/DD, 10 Blu-ray Audio, 14 SQ LPs, 2218 plain old stereo CDs

  12. #59
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
    This must be a new trend in Japan. The 40th Anniversary Blow by Blow Hybrid Multichannel SACD by Jeff Beck also has an LP style box.
    I believe all the Universal Japan SHM-SACDs now come in this box style packaging.
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  13. #60
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by DuncanS View Post
    Wasn't "Brother In Arms" recorded on a digital multi-track?
    analogue mixdown (is that technically a dub in this situation?) used to cut the LP by the sounds of it? I imagine early digital recordings like The Nightfly went through a similar "fate" (process) when mastered for LP back in the day (an analogue copy used to cut the LP was anecdotally used for the first CD release iirc?) before digitally mastered vinyl truly kicked in?
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  14. #61
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Interested to know how the Arc Of A Diver SHM-SACD sounds, silvahalo007..? The old Island CD sounds wonderful imho.
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  15. #62
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    7,631
    Points
    107,070
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    analogue mixdown (is that technically a dub in this situation?) used to cut the LP by the sounds of it? I imagine early digital recordings like The Nightfly went through a similar "fate" (process) when mastered for LP back in the day (an analogue copy used to cut the LP was anecdotally used for the first CD release iirc?) before digitally mastered vinyl truly kicked in?
    It's not usually called a mix down. But it would be the two channel tape used to create the LP, CD, etc. So the value to the consumer is you would be getting the version used in the original commercial release vs. a later version. Much as some of the new DSD Downloads on NativeDSD.Com and Super HiRez are using the DSD Edit Master Tape vs. audio from the SACD.

  16. Thanks fredblue thanked for this post
  17. #63
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star cupboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UT, USA
    Posts
    4,845
    Points
    52,304
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    analogue mixdown (is that technically a dub in this situation?) used to cut the LP by the sounds of it? I imagine early digital recordings like The Nightfly went through a similar "fate" (process) when mastered for LP back in the day (an analogue copy used to cut the LP was anecdotally used for the first CD release iirc?) before digitally mastered vinyl truly kicked in?
    Even the first CD release had the long versions, so the tape was used for the LP only.

  18. Thanks fredblue thanked for this post
  19. #64
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    so this is like a fancy-shmancy needledrop without the risk of any snap, crackle or pop! Or like an 80's CD taken from an LP cutting master rather than the original master tape!
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  20. #65
    Moderator HomerJAU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    1,042
    Points
    11,229
    Level
    69
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 21
    Overall activity: 27.0%
    Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience PointsSocial
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    Interested to know how the Arc Of A Diver SHM-SACD sounds, silvahalo007..? The old Island CD sounds wonderful imho.
    Agreed. That CD is sounds really nice. I still listen to it. Not sure if I'd buy the SACD (unless it was multi-channel)

  21. Thanks fredblue thanked for this post
    Likes fredblue liked this post
  22. #66
    Member silvahalo007's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    190
    Points
    7,159
    Level
    56
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 191
    Overall activity: 0%
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second ClassVeteran5000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    Interested to know how the Arc Of A Diver SHM-SACD sounds, silvahalo007..? The old Island CD sounds wonderful imho.
    I don't have the original Island CD which is kinda surprising considering I seem to have Arc in every other format/issue!

    I compared the SHM-SACD to the recent 2012, 2CD, deluxe edition (http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Winwood...elease/5264063) and the 2007 Japanese remaster found in the SW Island Years box set (http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Winwood...elease/5299497). This version was also packaged separately in a mini-LP sleeve and later in a budget edition, jewel case.

    According to CDJapan the SHM-SACD uses a 2014 DSD master from the original UK analog tape. The clarity of the music is great but it comes up a little bass-shy on my system. Have to crank the sub more.

    Both CDs have more loudness to them but not in a tinny or compressed way. I think I found the 2007 Japanese version the most pleasant to listen to. It has the right balance of treble and a nice bass punch. Night Train sounds awesome! It's on repeat. Such a funky bassline and it's a synth!

    Does anyone else find that they have to crank their subs on a lot of the SHM-SACDs? Perhaps it's just me.

  23. Thanks HomerJAU thanked for this post
  24. #67
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    7,631
    Points
    107,070
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    so this is like a fancy-shmancy needledrop without the risk of any snap, crackle or pop! Or like an 80's CD taken from an LP cutting master rather than the original master tape!
    No, it's actually one step from the original master tape.

  25. #68
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
    No, it's actually one step from the original master tape.
    tapes used way back when to make the old LPs of these albums are not the original master tapes..
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  26. #69
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by silvahalo007 View Post
    I don't have the original Island CD which is kinda surprising considering I seem to have Arc in every other format/issue!

    I compared the SHM-SACD to the recent 2012, 2CD, deluxe edition (http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Winwood...elease/5264063) and the 2007 Japanese remaster found in the SW Island Years box set (http://www.discogs.com/Steve-Winwood...elease/5299497). This version was also packaged separately in a mini-LP sleeve and later in a budget edition, jewel case.

    According to CDJapan the SHM-SACD uses a 2014 DSD master from the original UK analog tape. The clarity of the music is great but it comes up a little bass-shy on my system. Have to crank the sub more.

    Both CDs have more loudness to them but not in a tinny or compressed way. I think I found the 2007 Japanese version the most pleasant to listen to. It has the right balance of treble and a nice bass punch. Night Train sounds awesome! It's on repeat. Such a funky bassline and it's a synth!

    Does anyone else find that they have to crank their subs on a lot of the SHM-SACDs? Perhaps it's just me.
    For anyone who loves the Arc Of A Diver album and hasn't got the old CD already you have to get that first CD release, it sounds staggeringly good.

    I don't know about bass, I set my fronts to Large for Music-only playback and there's very rarely a noticeable problem but I have been fairly underwhelmed by the SHM-SACDs I've heard.. but still lots of people seem to love them, so I'm probably overlooking their plus points. The Stones' SHM's go down particularly well it would seem. I've got the Elton John SHM-SACD (self-titled 2nd LP) on its way in the mail from Japan (SHF members raving about it prompted me to cave in & get it at last.. but if its anything like the Yellow Brick Road SHM, I'm unlikely to be totally wowed by it..).
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  27. #70
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star cupboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UT, USA
    Posts
    4,845
    Points
    52,304
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Brothers In Arms

    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    tapes used way back when to make the old LPs of these albums are not the original master tapes..
    I was thinking it might be fun to play the short version in the car so I may order this on a platinum SHM CD. Same packaging, and I really like the packaging. I'd make a CD-R copy for the car.

  28. Likes fredblue liked this post
  29. #71
    Friendly Moderator bmoura's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Redwood City, CA
    Posts
    7,631
    Points
    107,070
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 99.7%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveSocial50000 Experience PointsRecommendation Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Brothers In Arms

    Supertramp's classic album Breakfast in America on Single Layer SHM-SACD from A&M/Universal Japan.
    The SHM-SACD sounds good and has a surprising amount of low end on the disc.

    This one has the new packaging and was released in late 2013. Even so, it's already getting hard to find.
    (Another reminder to grab these limited edition SACDs when they first come out if you're interested.)

    The SHM-SACD edition indicates it was created with:
    "DSD flat transferred from U.S. Original Analogue Master Tapes by Warren Sokol at Universal Mastering Studios, Hollywood, CA in 2013.
    Edited in DSD by Manabu Matsumura at Universal Mastering Studios in Japan."

    Breakfast In America - 325w.jpg
    Breakfast In America - Supertramp (A&M Records/Universal Japan, Single Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, UIGY-9536)

  30. Thanks fredblue thanked for this post
    Likes fredblue liked this post
  31. #72
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Brothers In Arms

    Quote Originally Posted by bmoura View Post
    Supertramp's classic album Breakfast in America on Single Layer SHM-SACD from A&M/Universal Japan.
    The SHM-SACD sounds good and has a surprising amount of low end on the disc.

    This one has the new packaging and was released in late 2013. Even so, it's already getting hard to find.
    (Another reminder to grab these limited edition SACDs when they first come out if you're interested.)

    The SHM-SACD edition indicates it was created with:



    Breakfast In America - 325w.jpg
    Breakfast In America - Supertramp (A&M Records/Universal Japan, Single Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, UIGY-9536)
    I just bought the new Supertramp/BIA SHM-CD (which apparently uses the same DSD flat transfer as the SACD) for £19. Even an "SACD bigot" like me is going to settle for that
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  32. #73
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Brothers In Arms

    Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    I was thinking it might be fun to play the short version in the car so I may order this on a platinum SHM CD. Same packaging, and I really like the packaging. I'd make a CD-R copy for the car.
    short version for short journeys but don't forget to pack your long version for a long one!
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

  33. #74
    1K Club - QQ Shooting Star cupboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    UT, USA
    Posts
    4,845
    Points
    52,304
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 88.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdrive50000 Experience Points
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Here's my long version. This is a real gold disk. You can't see through it like those cheap AF and MFSL ones.
    Quote Originally Posted by fredblue View Post
    short version for short journeys but don't forget to pack your long version for a long one!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cupboy; 05-10-2014 at 03:10 AM. Reason: top posting

  34. Likes fredblue liked this post
  35. #75
    QQ member number 4041 fredblue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    17,432
    Points
    177,482
    Level
    100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 48.0%
    Achievements:
    VeteranOverdriveCreated Album picturesSocial50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Downloads
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: New Universal SHM-SACDs...

    Quote Originally Posted by cupboy View Post
    Here's my long version. This is a real gold disk. You can't see through it like those cheap AF and MFSL ones.
    aww.. CDVideo! so cute! do they even play in DVD or BDP's? Last time I would've played my EJ CDV's would've been on my LDP!
    "Surround Sound From The End of the World to Your Town"
    797 SACD (649 MultiCh), 344 DVD-Audio, 289 SQ LP,
    129 CD-4 LP, 122 Audio-DVD, 108 DualDisc, 108 Blu-ray Audio,
    79 DTS CD,
    29 Dolby Surround CD, 27 QS LP, 5 MultiCh Download

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •